2 HOURS AGO Are you and your BFFL too much alike!? Take the #quiz, and see if you're stuck in the clone zone: http://t.co/BpmROLyNcN

3 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

4 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

COMMENTS

Pretty party dresses for under $25

We found 5 fab frocks that totally fit your budget.

luv the first one... random thought... some people are just rude like mona... who do u think -a is come to my pro if u know

by money_machine on 2/27/2011 3:55:55 PM

I LUV THE LAST ONE. i have the sweater dress one,in red and purple, its warm and comfy.

by cassiegrll on 2/23/2011 11:41:43 AM

Omg i abs luv the 1st and last desses!!!!!!!!!!

by pinksocks on 1/9/2011 4:52:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD I want to look into modeling clothes, but don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Hey girl, I would look into modeling agencies or classes in your area.  It can be tricky to find ones that are the real deal, so ask a parent or adult to help.  You could also think about sending in a shot to "Love My Look," like this one:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/13/Love-My-Look-holiday-edition.aspx.  The e-mail address is lovemylook@girlslife.com. Consider it practice for your future career! Smile

Marie H.

by guygirlygirl on 12/28/2010 12:19:10 AM

NEW CLUB ALERT!!!

NATURALLY YOU IS ALL ABOUT...YOU!!!

THIS CLUB IS WONDERFUL...

WE GIVE FASHION..HAIR..AND MAKEUP ADVICE OR JUST ANY ADVICE YOU NEED

COME CHECK IT OUT!!!

ALSO HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS

by Naturally*You* on 12/24/2010 6:27:01 PM

Uhm, I wouldn't be caught dead in most of those dresses, I would BE dead. They're all extremely cute, but they're WAY short and my mom won't let me do strapless. I like the sweater one tho, I can actually wear that one.

by hellopeople98 on 12/23/2010 8:17:01 AM

But. It's winter.

by peacelovejesus on 12/22/2010 6:38:07 PM

MOD(: hello there ! i'm trying to buy my mom a great christmas gift. i've been bragging to her about how she's going to love it even though i havent bought it yet :0 ! i found one of my christmas gift-a cheetah snuggie which ive hinting about(: & i feel bad now cuase i have no clue what to get her. i have $50 saved up in my room. i was thinking of taking her out to dinner and giving her gift. But im not sure what ! So do you have any ideas for christmas gifts for moms that are around 30 dollars are less(: thank you !

Usually I would suggest just asking your mom.  Since you told her you already got her a gift, I'm guessing that's not an option!  You could always ask another family member for suggestions.  Otherwise, you could think about things she likes or likes to do - like, you could get her a gift certificate to the movie theater, or something cute for the kitchen.  Or you could give her stuff to help her relax, like candles, or lotion and bubble bath.  Hope that helps a bit!  xoxo

Marie H.

by lorraine :) on 12/20/2010 11:52:23 PM

Cute

by moe4321 on 12/20/2010 10:56:13 PM

NEED ADVICE?! im here chickas!
BOYS
DIETS
WEIGHT
BODY
AND MORE! ;D
just comment chicks!

by frizzheadgal on 12/15/2010 9:03:02 PM

omg these are all really cute!!! you guys did good this time Smile

by SingerGurl16 on 12/14/2010 5:09:40 PM

i saw this really cute dress at charlotte russe. it was a spaghetti strapped multicolored shapes of squears. IT WAZ SO CUTE AND IT WAZ ONLY 8 DOLLARS!!! also, they ahd a cute blue woven skirt that waz also only 8 dollars, originally priced 32!!! u guys hsould go over there, super cheap because they're having the fa-la-la sales!! oh and forever 21 has nice dresses too Smile

by chloe4ever27 on 12/13/2010 10:41:50 PM

I really like the first and the last one! Smile

by bunny8 on 12/13/2010 9:19:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay, so im in 8th grade, and i'm trying to change up my style a bit, but the thing is i hate pretty much everything in my closet. I don't wanna just ask my parents to buy me new clothes since i'm probably just gonna grow out of it mentally, so i'm trying to make it work but i run out of my fave jeans by the end of the week and any shirts i like. Any ideas?

Hey girl!  One thing you could do is ask for clothes or gift certificates for your holiday prezzies.  You could also try adding accessories to watch you've already got.  They add pizzazz to clothes you already have, and you don't grow out of them!  One great accessory to try?  Scarves.  They're perf for winter (and totally celeb-worthy!).  Check out this article for inspiration:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/01/fab-circle-scarves.aspx

Marie H.
Marie H.

by babygirlk on 12/13/2010 8:17:34 PM

MOD
On Friday, I have a dress-down day. I wanted to make a look that looks appropiate for a 12-year old. I usually have a diffucult time getting together an outfit that I would have to throw a tantrum. I wanted an outfit to stand out out from the crowd. So,do you guys have a suggestion for an outfit? Plus, it will be very, very cold so I don't wanna look too bulky.

Hey babe,

You could go with a pair of tights and a cute but casual dress that shows off your personality! Or you could go with a pair of jeans with a vivid tank {I'm thinking red or emerald green...perf for the holidays!}, then put a cardigan that matches over top. Pair either of these with a pair of boots and your warmest winter coat to stay toasty Smile

Lauren C.

by desdes436 on 12/13/2010 7:19:23 PM

these are all rlly cute except the red one,,,, the neckline is up to high ugh dnt lik dat lol.
COMMENT ON MY PROFILE ILL COMMENT BACK (:

by awesomeful on 12/13/2010 12:33:58 PM

I am going to a dance in 2 days and I have no idea what to wear. Usually the grade 8s and 9s wear dresses or short pencil skirts with a cute top. For the last dance I wore a tank dress and it was really cute! But I don't have any more similar dresses and I have no idea what to do!! My parents said I can't go to the mall and I want to look casual but not too fancy, what do you suggest I wear????

by Ivy2531 on 12/13/2010 11:25:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
do you have any ideas for a fromal dress? our skool is having a winter formal and im kinda going to be the kinda 'princess' of the thiung. i want a blue or purple. thnx

Hey girlie, I'm think a halter dress with  a few shiny embellishments

Paige T.

by Madam Gir on 12/12/2010 11:12:07 PM

a really good place to look for dresses is Deb. i love Deb! hahahaha

by jdizzle09 on 12/12/2010 6:37:07 PM

i like them, but espically the 1st dress & last one! But i would only wear it only once..

by jello4eve on 12/12/2010 4:00:41 PM

except for maybe the sweater dress, wouldnt you freeze in these in winter? just sayin'.

by pandagirl21 on 12/12/2010 2:00:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Ok so i bbroke up with my boyfriend last friday. I talked to him on monday on Facebook. He asked me who I like. I said no one because it's true. I don't like anyone. Then he just quickly typed I like my new gf! I was laughin my head off! Then on Tuesday everyone heard that he was dating her. My friend who is his friend to knew he really likes... or liked me. She doesn't think hes over me and trying to make me jealous. Well, she over heard him talking to his friend and she heard him say that he was trying to make me jealous. I don't know if I trust her or him. Cause he will randomly text me saying he's not trying to make me jealous. I am confused! haha help please

hey! it sounds to me like he is pretty jealous, don't trust him girl!

Helen S.

by frizzheadgal on 12/12/2010 1:14:15 PM

MOD!!!so i like my best guy friend but i cant tell if he likes me tho.  we were doing assembly lights and after the teacher supervising left, he appeared right next to my face and said ill be your supervisor.he then took my hand and moved the lights up and down. (it was like we could have kissed-well at least to me-but his friend was in the room!)then, at talent show set-up, we were all looking for costumes for the MCs and everyone was looking and all of a sudden it was just me and him alone in the room and he had his hands draped over my shoulders.since it was my job to bring flowers for the MCs to hand out to performers, he had a few left over and put them in my hand,closed my hand and said great job tonite(im only stage crew).then his mom asked if i would take a pic with him. he and i exchange looks a lot.we lock eyes,smile and continue talking with our friends. a few of his friends liked mine last yearso does tht mean he could like me?and if so, how cld i flirt so he cld ask me out

Hey girlie. From your description, it seems like he already likes you! Maybe you should just keep doing whatever you doing, and he will eventually ask you out!
Marly Z.

by vballchixrule on 12/12/2010 12:52:17 AM

The last one is such a good price! I love target

by bff61 on 12/11/2010 10:18:24 PM

mod mod mod!!!!! help. im sooo self concoius. hairy legs, cant shave flat chested self concious not athletic. all these dresses are soooo unflattering and skimpy!! how can i thin out my legs and feel great? what stores have a casual, nice look? plz and thx 4 the advice
(ps a little basic beauty advice sure wouldnt hurt

Hey girlie, you can try wearing dresses that go to your knee. You can find cute dresses that do this and still feel great about yourself. You can find these types of dresses in any clothing store really!
Marly Z.

by cupcakegenius on 12/11/2010 9:49:53 PM

I love all of them Smile Especially the awesome price!!!! Smile

by Autumnwuvsherwabbit on 12/11/2010 8:19:11 PM

I'm a person who is not a fan of the short dresses, strapless, or tight ones but the sweater dress looks modest. Jeggings, Ugg boots, and a button hoodie will look fab with it

by Art Crazy52 on 12/11/2010 8:18:52 PM

I like the first one the most.

I just like the flowered pattern on the bottom. It's more something I would wear.

by NJessicaN on 12/11/2010 7:16:58 PM

i am in love with the first one and i love the last one

by rachelrox123 on 12/11/2010 7:16:51 PM

MOD-
so i am thinking about having a group of friends over for a holiday party. i was thinking we could make cookies or something, and play this gift trading game where everyone brings a little gift and we all trade. it'll just be a low-key time with my girls. the problem is... if i invite the new friends that i have made this year at my new school and my bff ellie from my old school i am worried they won't like each other. she is really awesome and pretty... what if she doesn't like them? and what if they don't like her? we aren't that good of friends yet so what if they don't even want to come?
i am new to the whole having to make new friends thing so i am unsure about what to do... please help me!!!!!

Hey girlie. Chances are they will like each other. If they are both friends with you, they must have qualities that you like in people. So, don't give up too quickly on them. Invite both of them to your party!
Marly Z.

by volleychick879 on 12/11/2010 6:29:14 PM

MOD!
I need some school-type wardrobe choices that work well with an hourglass shape. I have a 40 inch chest, 29 inch waist, and 37 inch hips and none of the clothes I have flatter my body shape. Any tips?

Hey girlie! If you have an hourglass shape, it's always good to show those curves. Find clothes that are form fitting around your waist with belts (if you like them)!
Marly Z.

by CupCakers3 on 12/11/2010 6:20:10 PM

MODMODMOD
hey what would be a good prezent for my cousin? shes a little younger than me and a little more sporty. nothing breakable. thnx!

Hey girlie! Well, you could always get something like a picture frame and frame a picture of you two. You can find frames that aren't breakable.
Marly Z.

by singsongsat_449449 on 12/11/2010 5:22:38 PM

So cute! I want those, even though I don't go to many parties.

by supercards12 on 12/11/2010 5:11:03 PM

love them all! except the sweater dress

by allysonk294 on 12/11/2010 4:40:07 PM

I like the first third and last one

by kimmycutie24 on 12/11/2010 3:25:32 PM

thinks that it is a little outragous that your idea of cheap is under 25 plz post more cheaper options you can find a good dress for under $15

by clutterqueen45 on 12/11/2010 3:19:37 PM

i like the second forth and last ones

by miss awesome 4eva on 12/11/2010 3:18:46 PM

@Hazelelmdust: Thats because the second dress was made for plus-sized girls.

by rosietoes4ever on 12/11/2010 2:47:17 PM

I heart all these dresses! And who deosn't love a dress that's under $10?? Nobody!

Need advice?? Need it fast?? Then ask me, the Advice Queen. I give advice on everything and anything. From boys to fashion to puberty, I can help with whatever you need. Just post your Qs on my pro and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Check me out! ;)

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 12/11/2010 2:21:34 PM

i like the first and last one.
COME TO MY PROFILE!

by katiekakes8 on 12/11/2010 2:16:18 PM

I don't really wantto like really point out, but I like that the model in the second dress wasn't verythin. I thinkit's cool that she's a not twig model!

by HAZELELMDUST on 12/11/2010 1:39:11 PM

***Mod***
do you know of websites/blogs other than GL and other magazine websites that are directed towards teen girls that you are allowed to post comments on? THX

Hey girlie. Sorry we can't give out other sites!
Elizabeth P.

by pinkypi26 on 12/11/2010 1:34:51 PM

MODMODMOD
So one of my very best friend's mom made me a little shrug jacket thing to go with the dress I borrowed for Winter Formal. The colors are perfect and everything, but it is realllly loose and I think it looks really bad with the dress. Thing is, I know she spent a lot of time making the shrug and also I wouldn't want her feelings to be hurt if she saw me in pictures without it. My parents think its darling, but I realllly think it looks bad. What should I do?!!! Thanks!
Rhiannon

Hey girlie. Sometimes in life, it's better to do the right thing and make someone feel good. If your friend's mom spent time making this for you, the right thing to do is wear it. If you don't want to wear it for the whole night, that's fine, but wear it when you see her and for part of the night. I promise you will feel good about the decision!
Elizabeth P.

by rhiannon.katrin on 12/11/2010 1:15:29 PM

Mod mod mod!
So there's this guy I've known for about a year, and I started liking him a little while ago, but none of my friends know. He's always flirting with me and finding excuses to talk to me. Everytime he passes me, he puts his hands on my shoulders and says excuse me, which I've never seen him do to anyone else. He also pinched my sides when we were walking in the hall once. I really want to ask him out, but am scared of rejection. What should I do? Thank uu!

Hey girlie. It sounds like he flirts with you a bit and could be interested. You have to ask yourself if you are willing to ask him out or if you are the type of girl that prefers guys to ask you out. There is no wrong answer-it's all personal preference. If you do decide to ask him out, boost your confidence a bit! Try pumping yourself up with fun tunes before asking your crush if he would like to hang with you on the weekend. Remember, confidence is the most attractive quality. So wear an outfit you feel good wearing, lift your head up and ask him what his plans are. You can do it, I promise. You may be a bit nervous, but it's worth it!
Elizabeth P.

by Chicka678 on 12/11/2010 1:12:43 PM

i tots love the pink one from forever 21!! Smile

by Rossi72 on 12/11/2010 12:37:25 PM

I like the first one, but it doesn't seem very Christmasy. It seems like a summer dress.

by lilgirlkt on 12/11/2010 12:17:40 PM

Thank you GL for featuring a plus-sized dress!

by sassygirl93 on 12/11/2010 12:10:45 PM

I like the forth dress!

Oh and girlies I give advice on EVERYTHING so if you've gotta Q you wanna ask feel free! I LOOOOOOVE giving advice!
PS. I'm on GL a lot so I'll get back to ya the day you post your comment!
xoxo kikidee12

by kikidee12 on 12/11/2010 11:18:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Hi! I have a couple questions about holiday present giving and stuff! Laughing Anyways, I want to make some hand-made gifts for my family this Christmas. I have two older brothers and my parents. What can I make them that is handmade? And plz nothing to do with a collage or scrapbook lol im bad at those!! Also, I am going holiday shopping today and I was wondering what I should get my brothers! we already got them the new Call of duty game lol but what else? Thanks!!!!!!!

Hey Zeus11, I think it's great that you are making some of gifts that is perfect way to personalize a gift. Last year I made scented bath salts for my mom and a hand decorated photo frame for my sister. I also wrapped cookies that I made for my dad and brother. I hope this helps

Paige T.

by zeus11 on 12/11/2010 11:13:39 AM

Mod. I know it's not swimsuit season yet but I just want a heads up.
I just started wearing a bra size 32AA so I'm small chested...):
I just started shopping in the juniors and forever 21 and other stores.
My mom kept and still thinks I like kid sizes(all the clothes are ugly!)
So where can I get a swimsuit that's cute and is small chested?
Thanks alot!(:

Hey loveit7, you can try wet seal, pacsun, you can also look online they usually have smaller size options.

Paige T.

by loveit7 on 12/11/2010 10:48:50 AM

Hey girlie, the freeze stick will not take away the wart in one day. If you are really self conscious cover it with a band-aide Paige T.

by soccergirl524 on 12/11/2010 9:50:48 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
thanks! Smile where should i put my arms????
~Lauren

Hey Lauren, wrap yours arms around his neck

Paige T.

by soccergirl524 on 12/11/2010 9:41:21 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD

plz answer asap! i have a school semi formal dance tonight and i think my crush is gonna ask me to slow dance! how do you slow dance????????????????????????????????

~Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 12/11/2010 9:37:18 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
how do you slow dance??
~Lauren

Hey Lauren, you just hold on to your partner and follow their lead. You can also just step side to side left then right.

Paige T.

by soccergirl524 on 12/11/2010 9:32:43 AM

I absolutely love the second dress. It's perfect for my body shape. Love, love, love it!

by GS5678 on 12/11/2010 9:23:51 AM

i like the sweater...needs something on her legs

the rest look like they're gonna fall off!

by the_last_ninja on 12/11/2010 7:53:30 AM

I like the first one the best, but they're all cute!!

by prettypinkconverse on 12/11/2010 7:47:45 AM

Those are cute, but all REALLY short.....

by horsie9000 on 12/11/2010 7:12:01 AM