2 MINUTES AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

AN HOUR AGO PAUSE— am I the only one freaking out about the new #Cinderella trailer?! Squeee: http://t.co/F0x94XxZbE

2 HOURS AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

COMMENTS

I can't avoid my food allergies

I have food allergies, and I've known for about two years now, but I haven't really changed my eating habits. We buy special food, but...

I know that I have an allergy to perfume and air fresheners, but no one believes me. One time I was at a friends house and she sprayed perfume and my throut started to close up and I got light headed. After I got fresh air, I was ok, but my friend said I was faking it. Then another time, my mom's BF had an air freshener in his car, and as soon as I got in the car, the same thing happened, but this time, it was worse. I couldn't breathe and nearly blacked out. My mom says it was nothing. What can I do?

hey! talk to your doctor and get them to diagnose your allergies.
Helen S.

by iluvchorkies on 4/15/2011 8:05:48 PM

I have a sylasylic acid (asprin) intolernace. Ican't eat foods such as fruits, veggies, junk food, and sweets. The only things I can eat are meat, potatos, and bread. Its very hard to avoid foods with sylasylic acid in them, so I get sick alot (I've been sick so many times that I can diagnose myself and determine if I need meds and which ones). With me it is really easy to avoid the foodsI'm allergic to because to me they taste really bad. Getting the special foods is a great start, but I also recommend that you and your family get rid of all of the foods you are allergic to. That means that they can't use it when cooking meals and eat those foods in front of you. For school I recomend packing your favorite allergen free food.
Hope that helped.

by hello36912 on 3/25/2011 4:26:56 PM

I have arthritis in my knees and took some medicine for it when it was younger and it really screwed up my stomach now i can't eat a lot of tings. I can't even drink orange juice anymore because it upsets my stomach.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 1/17/2011 2:12:03 PM

I have celiac disease, but when i eat gluten i don't get sick from it. either way i still don't eat it.

by *sexyhockeyplayer23* on 1/14/2011 4:40:10 PM

mod mod mod please reply to this! i might post it twice to make sure you got it. okay so my eye twitches a lot these days, especially since i've been playing a lot of games on my ipod. i AM gonna try to stop, but why is this happening? is it serious? cuz im really freaking out!!!!!

Hey girlie. Maybe take a break from electronics. Also, make sure you are getting 9 hours of sleep a night. If it still continues, talk to your doctor.

Elizabeth P.

by ankitsa124 on 12/28/2010 8:46:14 PM

@gymnastqueen00

Hey, since MOD couldn't help, I thought I'd try. Female Athletes Triad usually means your period becomes irregular or stops. If your finger nails are brittle, try getting some calcium into your body, this could be leading to Osteoporosis. You might want to talk to someone you trust, a doctor, a peer, your mom, about your want to lose weight and eating habits, you may have a type of eating disorder such as, anorexia or bulimia.

Hope this helps girlie!

~Georgia

by caitlingirl1997 on 12/26/2010 10:33:27 PM

Lately, I've been really sad/disappointed because I am moving for the 9th time. I dont know how to keep my emotions in check because I'll randomly start crying one hour, then be super excited the next. its also messing up my healthy eating habits. I take chocolate, then feel guilty so dont eat for the next 2 meals. Do you know what I should do???? Thanx!

Hey girlie,

You have to buckle down and commit to taking care of yourself, even if you're upset! Plan out exact times when you will eat and "indulge" by treating yourself to a well-balanced meal at those times. It's natural to want to cry or to even not know how to feel, but by giving yourself a little bit of structure, you'll get out of this destructive habit of skipping meals. <3 It'll be ok chickie, just give it time! And if you're having real trouble dealing with your emotions, chat with your parents or a counselor at school. It'll feel good to just talk about it, promise!

Lauren C.

by gymnastqueen00 on 12/20/2010 7:55:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi.
1. I think I might have female athlete triad. I have lots of symptoms, like using the bathroom lots before and after meals, brittle nails, wanting to lose weight even though I might be underweight, and excessive excersise. (I work out 14 hours per week.) I don't want to talk to a doctor, just want to know if I have it or not.
2. Am I at a healthy weight if I am ...because all websites tell me I am underweight. And I won't go to a doctor or anyone.
3. My goal is to lose 6 pounds by the end of january. How do I do that????
Thanks soooo much!

Hey girlie,

I don't know anything about that condition, so you really should call a doctor if you're concerned about it. They're the only ones qualified to diagnose you!

2./3. Again, I'm really sorry but I'm not a nutritionist or a doctor. Your doctor is the only person who can really say if you're a healthy weight. They can also recommend ways to eat healthy and work out so you can be in shape. That should be your goal - to get healthy and treat your body well - not to lose weight just to lose it!

Lauren C.

by gymnastqueen00 on 12/20/2010 7:52:37 PM

MOD
i'm constantly hungry. i'm so full when i'm done eating but then 3 hours later i'm hungry again. even when i eat filling foods like burgers or lasagna this still happens. what can i do to stop this?

Hey girl,

Try to eat filling foods, like potatoes, oatmeal, pasta, etc. And it's ok to eat snacks in between meals, but make sure they're healthy! Salads, nuts, and granola bars are all good options to hold you over between meals Smile

Lauren C.

by kgirlpanda on 12/19/2010 4:15:30 PM

I have these dead spots beside my nose and the corner of my lip. I know they're dead because they've been pasty for 3 months. Is there anyway to make them go away? Cause they are starting to look U-G-L-Y. Thanks this means a lot. -Devann

by devann8 on 12/18/2010 10:03:27 AM