1 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

2 HOURS AGO Need a mood booster? Here's 10 to help you get your smile on: http://t.co/U5e6lYC5Rv

3 HOURS AGO Uhhh, why's he flirting if he's got a GF? http://t.co/IApynWgi9m http://t.co/1tMcgeQUg0

COMMENTS

Holiday beauty musts you can buy at the drugstore

Here’s how to do girly-yet-glam makeup for your next party...

MOD MOD .
okay, so i am 12 turning 13 next year, and i've noticed that a lot of my friends are wearing eyeliner or mascara and they are my age . my mom is a professional makeup artist, but she always tells me at around my age when she was young she wasn't allowed to wear makeup at her school . but my school allows, so when i have those talks with her about how much i would like to wear eyeliner, she always tells me no, i can only wear it on special occasions .
i do want to at least wear it near the summer, so that way when i go to the 8th grade, at least i won't feel like the only person who doesn't wear makeup (because a ton of the 8th graders this year wear eyeliner and all that.) what can i do to persuade her with the positive points in letting me wear eyeliner?

Hey chica! Talk to your Mom again, and express to her how important it is to you. Tell her that it makes you feel good about yourself and how it makes you feel like you are fitting in with all of your friends.
Marly Z.

by toxicmilk on 12/21/2010 12:30:21 PM

mod mod mod
i get self concious sometimes and i cant look people in the eye. this is gonna sound like im weird but,its because i think i have a booger in my nose showing...i always have a prob with that...any advice?

Hey girlie! Try keeping one of those pocket mirrors with you as much as possible. Then, when you're feeling insecure, get it out and "use it to put on other makeup"-like lip gloss (when really you're just checking your nose)!
Marly Z.

by madison2016mj on 12/21/2010 10:03:28 AM

I want to rock a look that will make everything about me look great. I have straightish long hair, it's medium brown with gold highlights, hazel eyes, and paleish skin. I'm skinny, and medium height. What kind of makeup colors and clothes should I wear??? Oh, and also, what should i do with my hair?

Hey chica! Well, you are pretty similar to me! Hair- keep it long and straight! That's always a good look. Straighten it if you want the added straightness. If you're looking to give it added volume, try pushing up either side of your hair and spraying a little hairspray so it doesn't fall flat. Clothes- I just love skinny jeans, and I would recommend them for your body type. Throw on a tank and blazer with heels for a more professional look. Or, grab an oversized sweater; they always look good with skinny jeans and boots. Makeup- keep it simple. A little blush and eyeliner will do for paler skin. If you're going out though, try and make your eyes pop with a little more eye makeup.
Marly Z.

by blissbaby on 12/21/2010 9:50:39 AM

Ello Smile I was wondering, what would make my blue eyes brighten? I also have pale-ish skin...thanks!

Hey girl. I have blue eyes and pale skin, too. Try wearing a soft blue eye shadow and a very black mascara. If you feel comfortable wearing eye-liner, try a midnight blue eye liner on bottom and very black eye liner on top. This will make your eyes pop. Remember not to go overboard-just a bit of each. Then wear some blush to make the look very natural. Good luck.

Elizabeth P.

by Anney246 on 12/20/2010 2:10:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok i want to look natural for christmas eve...i have brown eyes, wavy brown hair and a medium olive skin color.....what color shadow and lip color should i wear? thanks, katy

Hey girlie. You sound like a very pretty girl. I think a nice red lipstick would look gorgeous. Especially if you don't wear much other make up. As for eye shadow, try a soft brown on your upper brown but a soft pink on your eye lid. Good luck.

Elizabeth P.

by dramaqueenla6 on 12/20/2010 2:09:08 PM

mod mod mod
i reeally want to have a sporty reputation...but im a varsity cheerleader...i already tried out for cheer and made it so i cant do basketballnow cuz its too late...any advice? im already known as kinda a girly girl

Hey girlie. Try spreading the word that cheerleading in, in fact, a sport. It's very physical and there are competitions for cheer leading-it's not just about cheering at football games. Get the other cheer leaders and yourself to do some research and spread the word about cheering being a sport.

Elizabeth P.

by madison2016mj on 12/20/2010 9:11:34 AM

no i meant can u name a peach blush that would look good on tan skin?

by soccerlover97_n on 12/20/2010 1:58:49 AM

MOD i really want a peach blush but i dont know which one will look good on me. i have tan skin (almost medium). what do u suggest?

Hey girlie, If it is possible experiment with a few colors see which you like best

Paige T.

by soccerlover97_n on 12/20/2010 12:57:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD What is a mod? And how do you become one?

Hey girlie, a mod is a blog moderator you become one by applying to girls life

Paige T.

by CowSaysMoo on 12/19/2010 11:13:07 PM

MOD: hey! I was wondering, what are some good colors for a blonde with green eyes for lips, blush, and eyes? thanks so much! -rach

Hey Rach, you should try out subtle natural colors. Go for a smokey look with brown eye shadow and pink lips

Paige T.