10 HOURS AGO 5 quick and delish breakfasts for those rushed school mornings: http://t.co/nXdvamToKK

13 HOURS AGO 3 teas to cure your cold: http://t.co/zYSGlhia8d

14 HOURS AGO Happy Halloween! #turnup #hocuspocus #halloween http://t.co/6wS0e0H4cs

COMMENTS

It's all fun and games until someone gets sick

You babysit the sweetest kids on the block. With the best gig around, you can’t complain. You and the tikes always have a great time...

I'm going to start babysitting for the first time soon, and that barfing thing makes me nervous. The sound, smell, and look of barf makes my faint--then maybe barf myself! If I'm babysitting and this happens, what should I do?

Hey girlie -- keep your composure. Who knows, this experience may help you get over your fear Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by americanpiekitty on 5/13/2011 10:35:11 PM

ok so, I really want to do babysitting, and when I told my parents they laughed and said no one will hire me because I'm too young. I'm 12 years old and I think I can do this job, because I watch my little brother and sometimes my 5 year old cousin. How do I convince my parents and also how do I find a babysitting job?

Hey girlie. Age actually does have a lot to do with it. Some people may hire you but only if they know you. So, tell adults that you know- like your neighbors-that you want to babysit.
Marly Z.

by creativekid123 on 3/2/2011 5:15:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have gotten two babysitting gigs. I really enjoyed it. kids love me and the parents were very pleased. How do I get new parents that will hire regularly? ThanksSmile Also, what do you think is the average number of clients a babysitter has? Thanks in advance!Smile

Hey chicky, I’m a busy bee facilitating all the G-Blog jazz. Although I’d love to answer and chat with all ya gals, it’s just not possible at the moment. I’m sure our lovely bloggers here would love to help ya out with some great advice! Thanks for understanding. , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Marie H.

by Farmers_Daughter_<3 on 2/7/2011 5:26:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I have 3 babysitting jobs during weekends, after-school and evenings. I really want to keep them since my family is going through a really tough time and I need to make money for myself instead of asking my parents. How do I balance babysitting, school and friends and fam? Thanks!

Hey girlie! It can be hard to balance all three things - believe me, I'm doing it now. Just make sure you are also able to put time away for yourself so that you can take a breather. You can also try to consolidate things such as doing schoolwork when you're babysitting while the kids are asleep or inviting your friends to hang out when you're family goes to the movies or bowling. It's a lot about time management, but if you are really starting to feel overwhelmed, then consider taking a couple of nights off from babysitting. You may lose a little money, but it is a lot better than losing your mind!
Jessica W.

by ivy1345 on 1/10/2011 11:31:44 AM

mod
ok so i think babysitting would b really great for me. i took the classes and learned everything, but the 1 thing im super afraid of is over charging. what if i go to high or too low what do i do??

Hey girlie! Usually $10 an hour is the standard price but let them know that you would be willing to compromise. Just don't sell yourself short for anything less than $5 an hour.
Jessica W.

by lulurockshard on 12/31/2010 11:41:08 AM

MOD
Thanks Helen S. Smile

by AdviceSeeker on 12/18/2010 1:34:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Morning! Ok, so i'm babysittting later today and I was thinking of bringing some Christmas related games and activities for when I am watching them. The kids are 11 and 8 (The 11 year old is a boy the 8 year old is a girl). I was thinking about bringing some Christmas-y coloring pages, word searches, ect. and I was wondering what some Christmas-y games were for when they want to run around? Thanks in advance!
~AdviceSeeker

hey! what about instead of duck duck goose, you switch it up and play like "raindeer, raindeer, rudolph!" you can switch up a lot of standard games like that. good luck!

Helen S.

by AdviceSeeker on 12/18/2010 1:06:51 PM

and ask the parents what the kids are allergic to you don't want to give susie some pineapple and find out it makes her sick.

Hey girls please check out my profile i like to chat Laughing

by wednesday1408 on 12/16/2010 11:46:55 PM