2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

I can't get the hang of tampons

I’ve been on my period for two-and-a-half years and I want to use tampons but every time I try to put one in, it hurts...

MOD MOD
Ok im still gettting used to the whole period thing because I just started a couple months ago. I'm a major sports girl and I really want to wear a tampon to make me feel more comfortable. But what is the plastic tube?Like i don't know what to do exactly... This is sooo frustrating and confusing!
PLZZZZZZZZZ Help!
Thanks

Hey girlie! Check out this article:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sportygrl_101 on 3/11/2011 10:48:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
my mom says i am too young for tampons even though i am 13 and i really want to try one because pads always soak up the blood and when i sit down it soils my pants!!i was wondering if there is a certain age or time i should try tampons.

I think you should tell her why you dont wanna use pads anymore. If you give her reasons im sure she'll let you try them out. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by LoveMeHateMe90210 on 3/6/2011 4:49:20 PM

They make tampons with or without applicators and I have only ever used them with the plastic applicator. You cant tense up when putting them in because it causes the muscles down there to tighten not allowing them to go in easy. For that reason you can use lube to help them slide in easier. Just practice using your fingers a few times because it does help and use a good lube.

by luckykel on 2/5/2011 12:57:37 AM

Mod! is it normal that I am 12 and still have no period I am like really confused please write back!!!!!!!!!!! Frown

Hey Girlie, its completely normal don't worry about it you will get it by the time you are 16, every girl is different.
Paige T.

by rooty+easty on 1/30/2011 9:24:31 PM

hey mod---
i'm supposed to have swimming in gym class in 2 weeks, which happens to be at the same time that i'm supposed to get my period. i can't figure out how to use tampons, is there anything else i could do if i get my period while we have swimming in gym? im kinda freaking out about this. Frown
thanks! Smile

Tampons are kinda your only option. Sorry girl but keep practicing!! Youll get better. I promise. Soon youll love them like i do. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by calivolleyball95 on 1/26/2011 10:38:50 PM

MODMODMOD
I've had my period since i was 11. (im 13 now) and i'm so ready to wear tampons because i hate the feeling of being all bloody and gross in class... especially the classes i have with my crush... Anyways, i got the U by Kotex ones, that are regular size which is the smallest. and i just tried to put one in (scaaaryyy) but it wouldnt go in all the way and it kinda hurt. did i do something wrong? idk. I'll try again tomorrow, but can you give me some advice on how to do it right, and make it easier on myself?
<3 brazilrocks

Hey girlie. Make sure you push the applicator inside you first. Then push the slider part up so that the tampon comes out. Then pull out the applicator.
Marly Z.

by BrazilRocks on 1/22/2011 9:22:37 PM

I was soooo scared to use a super tampon, but then i tried it and it wasn't bad at all it was just like any other tampon i had ever worn!!!

by lilypod65 on 1/21/2011 1:56:58 PM

Is it possible to never get your period

by flogo2223 on 1/18/2011 3:24:01 AM

Gee, tampons work just fine for me!

by ninjagirl2 on 1/17/2011 6:52:10 PM