8 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

11 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

12 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

My backpack is killing my back

My back always hurts and my brother who went to the same middle school had back problems. I really don't want my back to get...

My teacher picked me as her favourite, it's really obvious because she gives me 100% on everythinggg and if someone does something wrong she goes "why can't you be more like kayla?
It's pretty nice getting such easy marks, but i feel guilty, cause i don't deserve it! (I'm in grade 8 btw)
what should i do?

Hey girl. In a scenario like this, there's not a whole lot you can do. If you wanted to address it with your teacher, you could always tell her that you feel like she's singling you out for attention...and the other kids are starting to notice and tease you. Good luck!

- Brittany T.
Brittany T.

by kupcake101 on 2/19/2011 6:08:35 PM

A wheelie backpack? HA that's embarrassing. Just buy a backpack that has good back support, like the LL Bean ones Smile

by susannaxb on 2/15/2011 3:50:05 PM

my school is being rebuilt after a fire and we're getting lockers Laughing

by BlackDragon on 2/12/2011 1:50:43 AM

MODDDD___----
ok so i have to turn in a spanish project... but i have to make the entire thing (rubric. idea, project guidlines and the project itself... the only guidelines i have is there must be a 3 minute presentation involving past tense verbs... and i have noo clue what to do!!!!!!! i have googled ideas, but they suck and have no relation to what i am doing... any ideas?
<3migit

Hey girlie, think about cultural things that you're learning about in class. Talk to your teacher about ideas for the project if you're having trouble coming up with one.

Lauren T.

by migit on 2/6/2011 8:49:02 PM

Hey girls! If you ever have any issues and need advice, my ears are open!!!

by emily!!!!!!!!!!! on 1/29/2011 10:48:19 AM

MOD MOD MOD! well my sister just went off to college and it got me to thinking about college! i know im not the only 1 and i wanted to know, my sister is living in a dorm but like what is ur opinon- sorority or dorm? like im thinking a sorority would be fun to have sisters who you dont fight with(!) and to have tons of friends within ur house! but a dorm is a little more independent and me and my friend always say(for real) how we are gonna go to college together and dorm with each other! so whats ur opinon dorm or sorority?

Hey girl, well, in college, you start out in a dorm your first year. You have to pledge and get accepted into a sorority. So I say try dorm life. You can always go Greek if you want to then, but you'll def get a taste of dorm life before that. And besides, sharing a hallway with girls is a lot like having sisters without the sorority requirements!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lildiva on 1/25/2011 9:27:48 PM

I get ur prob, but not a whole lot of middle schools will let u use a backpack, nevertheless a backpack on wheels, just because of space and a wheeled backpack can take up a lot of space and trip people, my solution would be to carry ur stuff for the morning in the morning, and exchange ur books at lunch, and don't forget, there's always ur arms!

by Imagg100 on 1/20/2011 3:13:34 PM

I'm in middle school and have the same problem. What I do is yoga in the evening to ease all those aches and pains. During the day, if your back starts to hurt again, try rolling your head back and around during class. Your teachers ar sure to understand. Also, if you can, try to put all nessesary papers for homework into one binder or folder. That can eliminate un-needed weight.
Hope it helps Smile

by beadmeup119 on 1/17/2011 8:12:55 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
This past year I've had a really bad knee injury, it has put me out of my dance classes completely for the past year and counting, but it used to be my entire life! I went to my studio 4 days a week and that's where ALL my friends are too! So I don't get to see them! Plus, they go to this really strict school so they don't have much time for extra plans. I'm homeschooled(sophomore), but I go to a part time school that is an hour away (none of my dance friends go there) I have no real friends there even though I've been going there for 3 years, they don't have real dances, and I don't get invited places by anyone, because they say I live to far away! I'm going to a different school next year, I want to go there now, but I can't. I'm so sick of my part time school, but I have to finish my classes for the year or I won't get credit. I want a real high school life, going to school with friends, meeting boys, dances, doing things on the weekend! Right now I feel so lonely.

Hey girlie,

Just because you don't go to the studio doesn't mean you can't stay in touch with your friends! Call them up and see if they can come to the mall, lunch, or the movies. Stay in touch with them so your whole life doesn't change just because of your injury. It will also make you feel better if you find an activity to replace all that time dance used to fill: try something relaxed like yoga, swimming, or another low-intensity sport that your doctor recommends. And spend your time now making plans and looking forward to your new school - it's a fresh start, so you can be out-going, friendly, and make new friends in your classes/clubs. It'll only be a few more months, hang in there! <3

Lauren C.

by ~liv4dance~ on 1/10/2011 8:12:40 PM

I have a wheelie backpack at first there REALLY hard to control but then it gets easier!

by eraliment on 1/6/2011 10:13:07 PM