2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 fab femmes slip into Minnetonka for Hello Kitty's Fringe Boot: http://t.co/2vn6sM1oB0

2 HOURS AGO The ULTIMATE shopping guide: When to save and when to splurge!: http://t.co/5Ym2LPvqFO #GLfashion

18 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

COMMENTS

My parents punish me instead of helping me

I’m having some serious issues with my parents. I feel like they just don’t understand me when I do something wrong or forget something. ...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Hey. Question::: It seems like im constantly having to prove myself to my seemingly perfect "bff". Its like I'll try my hardest to win her over and then she forgets about it all the next day and is back to judging me and leaving me out. What should I do? Thanks a mill! Bette.

Hey girl, It's important to show our buds we care about them, but you should never feel like you have to "prove" yourself to anyone - especially your BFF.  Be friendly, but be yourself.  If she doesn't seem to accept that, use your energy on friends who do.  xoxo

Marie H.

by ♥theperfectperson♥ on 12/27/2010 11:55:32 PM

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
* Hey, girls!!! *
* Come advertise your club at Club Advertisement!!! *
* Just come read the profile and you''ll figure out * * what to do!!! *
* Please come cuz it took me forever to do this!!! * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

by Club Advertisement on 12/27/2010 11:26:24 PM

Hey girl, You can rest assured that it is not a life-threatening illness.  But since you have concerns and questions, I think it would be a good idea to come clean and talk to your mom.  Be honest with her, and tell her that you saw the prescription.  Tell her that you are sorry, but also let her know what's been on your mind and that it made you worried.  She might be mad at first, but hopefully she will be willing to clear things up with you.  xoxo

Marie H.

by chickeymizzou24 on 12/27/2010 9:48:00 PM

Hey girls
if you ever need advice on anything just come to my profile and leave your sitch in a comment there, I'll be sure to answer as quickly as possible Smile
or if you just want to talk, I'm here too! Laughing

by dreamsnwishes on 12/27/2010 9:47:14 PM

Hey Gals! I have done the very first Girlslife Channel. Girls have already joined. Join today and get advice, post whats on your mind, and have fun. I do posts all the time now and you might just learn something new. Check out my profile. ♥ Ya All!!

by twilightfan4ever0303 on 12/27/2010 9:44:45 PM

Mod Nothing ever works out for me. I got invited to a girl that sits at my lunch tables party. Then I totally forgot about that over the christmas weekend. Then I got invited to go to laser tag which is one of my favorite things to do. Then I realized they were both one the same day and time then I realized that it was a birthday party. Then I was helping my little bro with his guitar and I broke one of the strings. Then both my parents started swearing at me and now I am so mad.everything that happens to me and that I do hood turns so bad o great now my dad just said I have to pay for the guitar string and I don't have any money beacuaae I spent alot on Xmas gifts and I loose tV iPod and videogames until I pay for. I don't know what to do Anymore please help me.

Hey girl, I'm sorry it feels like nothing is going your way lately.  First, you have to not be so hard on yourself.  Everyone makes mistakes and is a little clumsy sometimes.  It's how you handle them that matter.  As for the mix-up on dates, one way to solve that is to get a cute calendar or planner, and mark important events down so you don't forget.  As for the family sitch, trying to keep a calm head, being kind, and doing what you can when you make a mistake (like paying for the broken string) will help.  But if you keep feeling down on yourself or having other troubles, reach out to someone you trust (like a friend, teacher, or counselor).  You deserve to feel good. Smile

Marie H.

by cecgirl98 on 12/27/2010 9:14:34 PM

Me and my dad... We're having serious issues. we're starting to grow apart and I don't feel like I can fix it.
We constantly get in screaming matches, he swears at me and asks me questions about girl stuff and my mom and her boyfriend that i'm not comfortable talking about. When we come home from my mom's the house is always a mess and he makes no effort to cook for us, clean or help out. He instead talks on the phone to his newest date interest and plays his xbox. The few times he offered to do something and I didn't feel like it he screamed at me and swore. Whenever I ask to be taken to church he rolls his eyes. More often now, i'm hiding in my room crying then living what a teenager should. I don't know what to do my life seems to be falling apart... HELP! Frown

Hey girlie,

I'm so sorry to hear that! If he's responsible for you, he should at least make sure he takes care of you at his house. Don't let this get you down - it sounds like he has lost his motivation, not that he's doing it because he doesn't care about you. Make a list of the things he has done that made you upset. It all counts - the fact that he plays his XBox instead of talking to you, or leaves you to make your own meals, or tries to get you to talk about personal things you don't want to talk about. Everything you told me, write it down. Then bring the list to your dad and try to sit down with him when he isn't busy. Be calm and mature, and explain to him that your relationship with him means a lot and you really want to work on it. Don't whine and don't attack him - just tell him you love him and wish you could be closer again. If he agrees and tries to change things, that's great. If things stay the same, try bringing the list to your mom and explain everything to her. She's also responsible for your happiness and will be able to help <3

Lauren C.

by laughingfirecracker on 12/27/2010 8:48:30 PM

I hate it when my parents just wont forgive and forget about small things like bickering with my little brother... most of the time i don't even start it... my brother does and i get in trouble!!!! GRRRRR i hate that sooo much!

by hailbop16 on 12/27/2010 7:12:08 PM

That would stink...........i'm glad i'm not in that position.

Need advice?? Need it fast?? Then ask me, the Advice Queen. I give advice on everything and anything. From boys to fashion to puberty, I can help with whatever you need. Just post your Qs on my pro and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Check me out! ;)

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 12/27/2010 6:54:29 PM

modmodmod
chipotle is my favorite restaurant, but i know it's unhealthy. my doctor said i need to lose 60 pounds. any tips on how to lose weight and how to eat less chipotle (i eat it a few times a week)

Hey girlie,

I already answered your question in the past 2 hours or so, so please go back to where you posted this before to find the answer! Smile

Lauren C.