AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 trailblazers take to the woods with @KAVUDAY's Cedar Skirt: http://t.co/Nv23TqeUX7

2 HOURS AGO 19+ stellar polishes to primp in: http://t.co/hHcERJybSS

14 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

COMMENTS

Your guide to PMS and how to handle it

When you start your period (or maybe even a li’l before), it’s possible that you will experience PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Here’s your guide to some...

mod mod mod i do not know how to ask my mom if i can wear a pad because she has pretty small ones that are made for girls around 10 or 11 but i need to wear a pad because i have discharge but i do not know how to ask my mom but is it normal to have discharge when you are 8 becuz i am 8 but my mom will say you have not hit puberty yet

Hey girl, just ask! She was your age once too. If she's not understanding right away, try to get some from the health room at school, or use the small ones for now. Those are safe to use until you have a heavy flow.

lauren r.

by pinkcat4305 on 6/22/2013 9:38:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Lynae P.
Remember that pimple thing i had down there that I told you about like 5 or 6 days ago? Well it's still there and it's getting bigger. It really hurts when I'm sitting or it I'm walking. What could it be? What should I do? (I already scheduled an appointment at the doctors but its not till next week so what should I do to it so it doesn't hurt until then?)

Hey girl-

Lynae P. isn't modding right now, but it sounds to me like it could be an ingrown hair. Talk to your mom/ trusted adult and ask them what the best option is so you can feel better the fastest! xoxo

Alexis G.

by Sarah_12 on 10/25/2012 1:25:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Kerra S.
I'm nervous, what should I tell the counseler? Won't they tell my parents?

Hey girly, a councelor can tell your parents if they feel that there is a need to. But maybe you could talk to your councelor about how you can talk to your parents about how your feeling. Or you could even ask your councelor what kinds of issues she has to report before you start talking to her about your problems. That might make you feel a little easier about talking things out. Good luck, babe.

Lauren I.

by fantastic8805 on 10/24/2012 1:14:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
help, I'm so stressed out, my parents are getting divorced, me and my friends are fighting, I have so much homework and I'm paractically failing all my classes because I can't concentrate on homework at home when all I hear is my parents fighting. Also I have my period and my headaches are killing me.

That sounds rough hon. I am so sorry you're going through that. I honestly suggest you find someone to talk to. Your best bet is the school counselor. They'll be willing to help you and listen to you if you need to vent. All you need is some support right now and they'll be able to get you that. I hope you really consider going to them. I also hope things get better for you hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by fantastic8805 on 10/24/2012 1:00:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Lynae P Smile please answer asap
What should I tell my mom about the dress? And another question. I have this bump down there and I don't know what it is it kinda looks like a pimple and it hurts a lot when I wipe down there. What could it be?

Just tell her what happened girl. I don't think she will be mad. I had one of those but it turned out to be nothing. See how many more days it lasts and if it is still there after 7 days I would make an appointment with the doctor. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sarah_12 on 10/19/2012 12:54:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER ASAP
Today at school the most humiliating thing happened to me. I was wearing this really cure white dress, and even though my period ended a few days ago (like 4 or 5) it came back and it leaked through my dress. I didnt have any pads and niether did my firneds, Everyone saw it!!!! I'm really scared to go to school tomorrow because I'm afraid they're gonna tease me and stuff. Plus my mom bought me the dress for $25 and she wants me to wear it to church on Sunday. I'm scared that if I tell her what happened she'll get mad about me ruining the dress.

Hey Sarah_12, if the kids see that you aren't embarrassed about what happened, then they won't feel the need to embarrass you. So go to class confident and act normal. If someone does tease you about play it off and speak up for yourself. No one will probably even think about it especially since that it's Friday and everyone is thinking about their weekend plans. As a woman I'm sure your mother will understand. Every girl has had that moment when their period creeps up on them, so no worries. It's better to tell her now because blood can stain very badly. Hope this helps! Have a great day of school! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sarah_12 on 10/19/2012 12:28:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Im confused...... I had my period for the month on like august 7th and it stopped on august 10th but it came back today. Is this normal? Because i know it is if ur just starting but i have had my period for like 1 1/2 years now!

Helen S.

by Swifty#1 on 8/20/2012 5:42:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I REALLY need help. A few months ago (May, I think) I got my period for the second time. I haven't gotten it since, but a few days ago, I got it. It is constantly heavy and I have to change my underwear every couple hours cuz I've bled through. Also, I have this really, really, REALLY bad pain right below my belly button, and I've had this ever since it started. My mom said it would go away but it hasn't and medicine doesn't work. Are they cramps? I've never gotten cramps before. What should I do? PLEASE HELP! Thanksss <3

Helen S.

by uraveragecanadiangurl98 on 8/7/2012 5:36:58 PM

I just got my first period, how do I tell my mom?

Hey girlie,

Try catching her one-on-one while she's doing the dishes, making a snack, reading, or brushing her teeth. There's no easy way to do it, so just take a deep breath and say - "Hey mom? I got my period today. Do you think we can go get the supplies I'll need?" She has her first period too so she won't be grossed out. It's nothing to be embarrassed about...but you gotta tell her! <3
Lauren C.

by Thedancer1234 on 1/26/2012 6:45:05 PM

Mod mod
Hey, so I get my period ever 2 weeks Frown I hate it...(who doesn't) but I have had it since July, I have been getting it every 2 weeks since September/ October. Is this normal? If not I don't wanna tell my mom, or my doctor...that would be awkward. Also what questions does your doctor ask you about your period at a physical?
Thanks

Hey girly,

The fact that you have been getting it every two weeks is something you really should get checked out by a doctor. As for physicals, they will probably ask how often you have your period and when was the last one you had. Don't worry about telling your doc or your mom these things girly. Every girl has to deal with periods and it really isn't that big of a deal.

Catie C.