AN HOUR AGO This original poem gives us all a new look at love: http://t.co/0zr0C7Xxma

2 HOURS AGO One lucky #grandprize winner bags a bunch of fab fall fashion from @JouJou_Jeans at @Nordstrom: http://t.co/HYsw4n4QDN

3 HOURS AGO 20 (more) fashion DIYs you can actually do: http://t.co/WAkWlDf4Ow

COMMENTS

Your guide to PMS and how to handle it

When you start your period (or maybe even a li’l before), it’s possible that you will experience PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Here’s your guide to some...

MOD!
Um i just got my first period and i hate it. its really annoying having to change your pad all the time. im just scared about school because sometimes when i sit, my pad doesn't really catch the blood? Any tips for protecting leaks?

Hey girlie, make sure that you're using pads with wings and pay attention to where the blood is going when it's not hitting the pad and move the pad in your underwear accordingly.

Lauren T.

by laugher2201 on 1/15/2011 6:54:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, i havethis friend, and i have dated her bf a few times... but he is a total jerk face, and not right for her... but im scraed to tell her because she is a reaaly sensitve person.... i have no clue what to do, and how to put it to her that i hate hanging around with her bf.. HELP!!!

Hey girl, while I wouldn't tell her that her BF is not right for her (that'd go over badly, trust me), you can express your concerns about his character. Just tell her to be careful: from experience you know her BF has really hurt you and you'd hate to see her in that sitch too. From there, let it go. If she asks you to hang out with him and her, you can always decline and make alternate plans to hang with her solo later.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by emmacha on 1/11/2011 9:29:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I have had my period for a few monthes and it has been fairly regular so far like period shows up 2 days late at max Smile but this month I expected it between the 7-9 but I am stil waiting... I wanna be prepared but I also know it could be late for a lot of reasons. What should I do? how should I prepare? also Do you think its normal for a girl in Grade 8 to skip her period because of stress. Because one month I think I was late by a few days due to stress... this worries me becuase I do not think a 13 year old should have that much stress :/ I am so confused :S

Hey girl, It's normal to be a little irregular during the first two years of your period, actually.  Definitely check this out:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/04/My-Period-Started.aspx.  You can always check with your doc if it is a concern.  But if you feel like you have too much stress in your life, that's important to work out, even if it's not affecting your period.  Think about what's making you so stressed, and make small goals that can help you ease it up this new year. Smile

Marie H.

by puppylover111 on 1/11/2011 12:24:20 AM

MODMODMOD ok this is kinda gross but i get um gassy during my period and neseasous. ive never thrown up from it but still... got any tips to handle this besides meds, which i know?

Ooh, that would be annoying!  This article has some PMS tips:

http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/23/Banish-PMS-Forever.aspx.  Eating a balanced diet and getting some exercise help with all PMS, and would prob help with those symptoms, too.  If it's still bothersome or keeps you from school or other activities, talk with you doc.  xoxo

Marie H.

by dontstopthemusic on 1/10/2011 10:42:06 PM

Mod!
I'm 12 almost 13 i have gone through puberty i have breasts and i need to wear deodorant, i have hair everywhere , im curvy , my voice hasnt changed that much just a liitle. I get cravings sometimes i have mood swings or get really sensitive. Im short like not even 5 foot but it runs in my family. But i still havent started my period after showing all the signs of puberty. I dont know why. All my friends have started their periods but one. So im waiting for my period and i feel kind of left out. Is there something i can do to help myself from being left out? I know that some girls get their periods as late as 16, but i cant help myself from being sad. Please help. I hope this wasnt too personal.

Hey girlie,

Don't be sad! Periods aren't horrible, but they aren't that much fun either. Think about it: cramps hurt, it's annoying to have to change your pad all the time, sometimes it leaks and you have to deal with stains... try to enjoy life and don't worry about your period! If your friends talk about it, let them chat for a little while and then try to change the subject. Be prepared for it, but like you said, remember that you could get it as late as 16. Be thankful that you're growing normally - being healthy is the most important thing Smile

Lauren C.

by Horselover2215 on 1/10/2011 8:37:33 PM

MOD!
i got my first period on wednesday and it was fairly regular (in flow) but for the last 2 days i haven't had any blood on my pads at night or in the morning then half way through the day my flow kicks in again! does this mean my period id ending?

Hey girlie,

Your period prob seems like it "goes away" because you were laying down all night! If your flow is normal during the day, your period probably isn't ending - you'll know it's ending when the flow gets much lighter in general and the color changes from bright red to lighter red or brown.

Lauren C.

by sable.rose.13 on 1/10/2011 3:57:57 PM

Mormod mod mod mid mod mod mod
help so I just went to th bathroom and I saw some really small red dots like not the size of afingernail I'm guessing it's spotting but what should I do now cuz this may sound weird but my undrwear was my older sisters first and she has her period. But I was dry so will it happen again and should I tell my mom and should I start to carry a pad around and willy period come soon
thanks sooooooooooo much

Hey girlie,

If it looked dry and brown like a stain, it could have just been a stain from your sister that mom couldn't get out in the wash. Try wearing a different pair and seeing if it happens again. Either way, it's a good idea to carry a pad around just to be prepared! Smile

Lauren C.

by Gramsnacks on 1/10/2011 3:56:23 PM

MOD Okay so this is kind of a stupid question but next year I will have a locker and I was wondering what to do if I need to change my tampon? Should I put it in a pencil case or what?

Hey girlie, Pencil case, purse whatever you have available no worries

Paige T.

by dancerhn on 1/9/2011 9:51:29 PM

MOD Ok so i keep feeling like i should start my period soon. I just have this feeling and i am always worried about it and that it will happen at school. I am 13. I have all the signs of PMS. What should i do.

Hey girlie! It could come anytime, so always be prepared. Always keep a few tampons and pads with you!
Marly Z.

by rbkitcat97 on 1/8/2011 8:03:24 PM

these are great tips! thanks Smile

by THATGIRLTHATSCRAZY on 1/8/2011 1:19:16 PM