18 MINUTES AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

AN HOUR AGO Because who doesn't wanna read about British spies?! Enter to win a copy of Dangerous Deceptions from @HMHKids: http://t.co/Eozjo2nZg1

2 HOURS AGO #DIY the cutest centerpieces for your Thanksgiving table: http://t.co/twZiwuHspF

COMMENTS

Be the safest sitter

You’ve seen the horror movies where the babysitter gets terrorized while the house is empty and the kids are asleep, right? You don’t want...

MOD! MOD! MOD! I am always so scared that someones going to come in when I'm babysitting. Any tips?
Lauren C.

by MYstar123 on 5/23/2011 7:35:42 PM

MODMOD I babysit sometimes but I don't get enough jobs, I want to get a job as a cashier, but knowing managers they hire the older people but I need to save money for multiple things. Are there any good ways to make money if I don't get hired?

Hey girlie. It's pretty difficult to find your first job because everywhere wants experienced people. You can keep trying to find babysitting jobs or look around for places that are hiring. You should really apply to a ton of places. That way, you'll have a ton of chances to get hired. Also, when you go in to ask for a job application, ask to talk with the manager as well. You have to prove to them that even though you are young and don't have any experience, you are ready to prove yourself! Good luck chica!
Marly Z.

by ambersgirl on 1/27/2011 9:18:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD My kids fight ALL THE TIME!! B is 11 and G is 6 and B is always beating up G. G is usually testing B and then B gets tired of it and punches, kicks, slaps G. no matter what I do they dont stop. One time G broke B's favorite game and B threw G against the wall, threw him on the couch, and sat on his head. I cant physically touch them or they might tell there mother and I dont feel comfortable doing that. I do time outs, but B is 11 and he's getting to old for that. I really need your help!!

Helen S.

by stargirl3887 on 1/16/2011 1:07:32 PM

MOD MOI am going to get my babysitting license Monday and I'm really excited and I've already got a job but I think my bff is trying to steal my job from me .the job is that Im going to be my old babysitters assistant and the thing is she is asking all the kids parents that go there if she can babysit their kids outside the babysitters .She doesnt have her babysitting license yet and her parents dont even let her stay home alone because she is kinda irresponsible but lately in front of adults she is putting on an act and acting all responsible but but when its me and her she swears in front of the kids and talks about inappropriate things in front of them and left a one year old outside all by herself and then lied about it I know Im the better choice but none of the adults do and I dont want to be a backstabber and tell all the parents what she does but I really want the kids to be safe . Idk what to do Im so confused.Ive tried telling her to stop but she doesnt listen to me.Help!!!!

Hey girlie, make sure that you're also acting like a great choice in front of the parents. Be outgoing and friendly and show them how well you get along with their kids.

Lauren T.

by Likatruzippo7 on 1/15/2011 4:45:19 PM

ModModMod,
I know you just answered my question but the thing is, the only neighbors I know have older kids than me who do their babysitting, and the other family, the kids and I do not get along. So can you give me another suggestion?

Hey girl, you could try handing flyers out at the bus stop (for elementary school kids) or asking your parents if they know anyone from work.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Sounder on 1/11/2011 11:04:03 PM

ModModMod,
How can I get babysitting jobs? No one will ask me. The only ones I get are for my own siblings but I don't get paid and those aren't fun. I have been able to babysit for a year. All my friends get jobs but I don't. Any Idea's?

Hey girl, I'd try asking neighbors. When I babysat, that's who I often worked with. Ask neighbors your family is friends with first; from there put up flyers or give flyers to parents around the neighborhood and introduce yourself.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Sounder on 1/11/2011 9:41:21 PM

MODMODMODMOD!
Hey! I babysit a 3 year old boy in my neighbor hood, and the parents are expecting! I am supper excited! He is great and really easy to watch, but i have 2 problems!!
1. They will call me and ask me to come watch him, so i do, and then they dont ask me for another month! I always feel like i did something wrong and they dont want me to come back! What should I do??
2. They have a really nice house, but they dont have curtains or blinds in the main rooms! There house is right next to a busy highway, and i always feel like people are watching everything we do! What should i do about this?!?!

Hey girlie, don't take it personal when they don't ask you frequently, as long as they call you eventually I'm sure they are happy with your work. As far as the house situation it something you have to get use too just make sure windows and doors are locked and you have emergency numbers

Paige T.

by 202haley on 1/9/2011 10:12:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need help on how to babysit 2 kids...how do you make sure their both safe and what are ways you can keep an eye on both of them? What if one of them runs off or gets herself into trouble....HELP!

Hey! just make sure your activities include both of them
Helen S.

by ivy1345 on 1/8/2011 2:26:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am babysitting a 2 year old girl and a 7 year old girl soon and I need some ideas!! My younger sister is 7 years old, so I have some ideas there, but what about the 2 year old? This is my first time babysitting that age...there's a big gap between the two ages, so it's going to be hard to do activities that are same and entertaining for both. What are some FUN activities that they would both like? Thanks!

Hey!just include the two year old in whatever the seven year old is into. most of the time younger kids just want to be like their older siblings Smile
Helen S.

by ivy1345 on 1/8/2011 2:23:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
How do you become a MOD?

by jellybean427 on 1/7/2011 9:47:14 PM