20 MINUTES AGO How are you spending time with your family this holiday weekend? Tell us in emojis! 🐶🚲📷 💅

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What date should you go on this weekend?

9 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What Netflix show should you binge watch this weekend?

Bra shopping is way intimidating

How do I handle the embarrassment?

I need help asking my mom for my first ever bra.I measured myself and ima 34-36 A.I've survived this long by wearing camis with built in bras under every shirt, but its not the best way.Its awkard 2 talk to my mom bcause she was born in africa and didn't grow up with bras, her family is sorta traditional african but I'm not.Its not like she would say no, but she only has 2 bras so.......every girl in my school wears a bra btw I'm in sixth grade.I've even secretly tried one of her bras on and I loved its support and look.....How do I ask her without mortally embarassing myself???thank you

Hey girl, just be honest with your mom. Believe it or not, bra shopping is part of growing up, and she understands that. Tell her you think you're ready for a bra and would like her help picking one out. She'll be excited to be part of the process.

Alyssa B.

by katniss50309 on 11/12/2012 7:24:55 PM

Hey girl, bra shopping is no biggie; all us girls do it. When it's just the two of you, just ask her about it casually. She won't be surprised by the request but rather happy to help.

Alyssa B.

by KEEPCALMANDCARRYON on 8/25/2011 11:27:23 PM

MODMODMOD!! my mom says im not ready for a cup bra, but im positive i am. i definetely can fit those little triangles anymore, and im grown out of 36s. WHen i told my mom i needed new bras, she said she'd take me shopping, bt that hasnt happened yet. what should i do?

Hey girl, Talk to her about it again.  Ask if you guys can set a shopping date to go out and look for bras. Also, tell her how much you appreciate her help - it will make her happy!   Smile

Marie H.

by athbeauty13 on 5/7/2011 4:42:39 PM

Hey girls! If you need any advice let me know! I give out really good ones. So you'll always get a straight-forward answer(:

by blueisu on 4/4/2011 7:00:31 PM

I am 11 years old and my boobs have been growing more than the girls in my class. I wear bralettes but my boobs stick out and or very noticeable under my shirts and I am very self-concious about it. I have one bra that is a 32A but I am only allowed to wear it with my costumes (I do baton twirling.) Do I ask for bras or do I just keep the bralettes?

Hey! yeah totally ask your mom to buy you a bra. you'll feel less self concious that way Smile
Helen S.

by MissLjla on 4/2/2011 2:13:30 PM

I need a bra really badly. whenever i change in front of my friends the ask me why i don't already have one. i am really embarrassed to talk 2 my mom or get fitted because my mom thinks i wont wear one. its true i didn't wear the last ones she bought me but thats only cuz the were frilly and tight. i also have 2 teenage bros who always tease me and are ALWAYS with us when we shop. i have a ton o' problems. HELP!!

Hey girlie. Don't be nervous to talk to her about getting a new one. Tell her why you don't like the old ones so the next ones you get are more right for you.
Marly Z.

by c3aser96 on 3/14/2011 6:47:00 PM

I know how you feel but " a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do"

by breamuzy72 on 2/8/2011 7:50:48 PM

Okay. THis is so embarassing. I still wear a trainging bra. THe embarassing thing about it is...I have really big boobs. I just reaized today that the bras dont give me support so my nipples show, and they jigge up and down when im running or something. Im so embarassed. I wear them because Im embarassed about having big boobs, and the "norma" bras mke them look bigger. Grrrr, I have normal bras... but how do i HIDE my big boobs from everyone.
im in a B-C size

by iloveyousomuch1 on 1/31/2011 6:14:59 PM

So I've been getting a LOT of discharge lately! It's so much it literally goes through my panties and even if I touch my pants I can smell it on my fingers. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I haven't talked to my mom about it yet but I don't know what's going on. I dont have my period BTW.
Sorry if this is a super weird and super gross question. :/

Hey! the best advice you can get would be from your doctor so you should try asking him or her, good luck!
Helen S.

by anacutiexoxo on 1/29/2011 1:31:59 PM

so im 12 and i was wondering....
1) my older sis was a lot bigger up top when she was my age and im pretty sure my mom was too so duz me being flat now mean im just late bloomer or its got nothing to do with my sis and mom or what?
2) one of my boobs is bigger than the other... is that jormal and will they even out?
3)what are some good places that have strapless bras in size 32a
thank you sooo much!!!

Hey girlie. Embrace what you have sister girl! Your boobs may grow as you get older, but don't worry about it! If you walk confidently with the body you have, people will think you are gorgeous simply because you think you are, too. That is the big secret. And it's normal to have one boob that is bigger than the other. Ask your mom to go bra shopping with you at the mall or shopping center near you!
Elizabeth P.

by awesomegrl on 1/25/2011 8:28:15 PM

Don’t avoid that sweet craving today. If you restrict yourself now, you might end up eating way too much at your next meal.
As the holidays really take off, what's one thing you HAVE to do this year?

Thong underwear is bad for your health.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?