3 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

6 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

7 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

My parents don't know I have a BF. Should I tell them?

I'm seeing a guy and we've hugged and kissed, but my 'rents don't know about it yet...

Mod. I have my first boyfriend and we've been going out for well today makes it a week over 3 months. It's summer and he wants to take me out to a movie. I haven't told my mom and I really want to. And she said dating was fine, but she'd have to chaperon. I don't want her on my dates and if I tell her I'm afraid she'll want to read all our text messages and want to know what he tells me and ask all these questions and plainly just take away my privacy. I'm 13 years old and she said she doesn't want a boy to take advantage of me that's why she would chaperon but I'm very mature and I do have self respect for myself. I want to tell her but I don't want her to take away my privacy.

Hey leebear, mhmm. Maybe she could drive you guys to the movies, but watch a separate one herself, while you two go into the movie of your choice. This way she's still watching you all, but not up close. See if this works for her. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by leebear on 7/30/2013 5:10:36 PM

I'm 13 and I have my first boyfriend and we've been dating for 3 months and a week and I wanted to tell my mom so badly. The first few weeks we started dating I told her about him, but only that I liked him. It's summer and he wants to take me to a movie, but my mom still doesn't know. She said dating was fine, but she'd have to chaperon. I don't want her to be there on our date and if I tell her I'm afraid she might invade my privacy and want to read our text messages and always be asking questions and want to read what he tells me.

by leebear on 7/30/2013 5:00:12 PM

MOD!
So currently I'm dating when I'm actually not suppose to. I'm 15 now and have been dating my boyfriend for more than a year. I feel really bad for not telling my parents and have tried to reason with them about letting me date ever since I entered high school, especially my mom, but they just won't budge. I'm only allowed to date after high school. I have been patient and don't want to seem naggy but I am serious about this relationship and so is my boyfriend. I really love him. They are worried about me getting hurt and ruining my future I know because they have lectured me about it happening in our family and that I'm too young. However, while dating him I have kept up my grades to a 4.0 GPA as well as doing my best to excel at school. I see no problem, but my parents don't think the same. How can I tell them that I'm dating someone already, or convince to let me date? Help please!

Hey girl! Ask your parents if you can have a calm, mature discussion with them about the situation. Explain that you'd like to stay honest and follow their rules, but you're finding it hard to ignore the feelings you have for your guy. So, instead of letting the relationship go any further, you want to talk it out with them. Be specific about their concerns and how you've avoided those problems. Also, open up to them about how important your BF is to you and the reasons why you want to keep him in your life. If your parents are okay with everything, then great! But if they're still not comfy with their 15-year-old getting serious, tell your guy that you two need to stay BGF- just for now. Pretty soon, your parents will probably come around and let you date before the end of high school. And if your connection with your guy is as strong as it sounds, you'll be back together in no time Smile Hope this helps!

xo

Julie H.

by Love4ever98 on 7/4/2013 1:19:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!! How can you tell if a boy likes you? I don't think a guy has ever flirted with me, but maybe I'm wrong. This guy I know who is a year older than me always tells me i'm his favorite freshman. (Is he flirting or just joking around? I need to know how can you tell if a guy wants to be just friends or more?

Hey Pugglegirl2008, it can be hard to tell when certain guys are flirting, because different boys have different ways in showing their affections. At the same time, a lot of guys are just natural flirts so you have to be careful of them. Some of the typical signs of flirting include complimenting, asking questions, always making eye contact, getting physical, and always talking with you. Does this guy do or say anything else around you? Pay attention and see if you observe anything else. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 2/10/2012 5:17:24 PM

I let my mom figure out this on her own. But sometimes my sister tells her before i get the chance to. Should I tell my mom as soon as it happens?

by cattybug97 on 2/1/2011 4:11:34 PM

I think you should tell your 'rents about your boyfriend. It will be easier for you when your 'rents know. They'll get mad if you hide stuff from them girlie!

by westiekid13 on 1/29/2011 9:59:32 AM

mod mod mod!!!!!
okay so i used to like this boy but then i got over him but i think im starting to like him again and he never stopped liking me, i know that the guy is supposed to ask the girl. thats why im shy about asking him and his bff liked me but i turened him down. i dont know if i should ask anymore because he might have told him that. please help i asked my mom for advice but she just didnt have the right answer my mom even approves of him. please please help

Helen S.

by jjgirl1013 on 1/22/2011 1:53:46 PM

I'll tell her now because she'll find out sooner or later and when she finds out shes gonna be even more mad that you didn't tell her in the beginning.. So I would tell her now and get my punishment over with.. Frown

by lolpop1232 on 1/20/2011 7:18:21 PM

Im grounded because i ahd a boyfriend and we kissed and i didnt tell my mom so ide tell her before she finds out herself

by defyingravity on 1/19/2011 10:13:27 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
So today,
I sawyer crush, I wanted to drop some flirty hints, but I couldn't. I realized I was scared to sent signals to him. I don't want to be rejected, have the whole school know who I like, and feel hurt!!!
Please help!

Hey girl, trust me when I say the whole school isn't going to know who you like or judge you for it. People don't care that much about any other person's love life, despite what TV shows might portray (trust me, I went through middle and high school; they really don't). I think it's perfectly natural for you to be nervous around your crush. For now, don't focus on sending flirty signals to him. Focus on talking to him and getting to know him as a friend. The flirting can come later when you're more comfy with him.

xoxo