2 HOURS AGO 2 tech cuties secure a @motrrmotrr Galileo robotic dock for iPhone/iPod Touch: http://t.co/myxUcmZB6N

3 HOURS AGO The best headphones to rock at the gym: http://t.co/1VEs3uhAWj

15 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

COMMENTS

First period protection

Is there anything I can do to keep my first period from totally embarrassing me at school?

Um so I'm going to camp and I'm supposed to get my period while I'm there.... I have only gotten it once so I know it is irregular still. But we go on an overnight outside and we all sleep on a tarp outside and we have to pee in the same hole(eww). Do you have any suggestions that will help? Also one day we go swimming and I don't know how to use tampons..... And one more thing how much supplies should I pack? Thankyou

by annabanana5474 on 7/31/2012 10:46:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD So it' s been about a year since I got my first period and now my periods have been coming really close together. Like every 14 days instead of every 28 days. Is something wrong? I'm worried.

Hey girl!

Irregular periods are totally normal. They usually happen when your hormones are out of sync. Various things could cause irregularity: stress, bad diet or change in diet, intense exercising, etc. It's really nothing to worry about, though. Since you've only had your period for a year, it's very normal for it to be like this. It usually takes a few years for it to get on track!
Kelly G.

by HoopsGirl99 on 7/4/2012 1:50:29 PM

hey mainbunny1! so i know what ya mean...norm pads can be huge!! so i was shopping the other day in walmart...i found these ones..."U by kotex for tweens". try 'em! they r awesum 4 smaller body shapes and very colorful and funSmile hope this helps!!! oh and i used platex sport tampons for begining...theyre good!

by summergirl190 on 6/19/2012 2:19:18 PM

I am really confused with all of the different period products... Which tampons are good for beginners? Do they make pads that are for smaller body frames? Do I need to wear a pantiliner with a tampon? Everyone please respond with what's best for beginners!

Hey babe,

They don't make tampons or pads or pantiliners in terms of whether you're a beginner or a veteran.  They only vary in terms of absorbency so that you can handle even your heavy-flow days.

And no, there's no need to double up products by wearing a pantiliner with a tampon.
Jordan S.

by mainbunny1 on 6/11/2012 7:45:07 PM

I don't get it, everyday i get a clear discharge but it never happens. it's been happening for like more that 4 months but still nothing...is this supposed to happen????

Lynae P.

by Anna13GL on 11/26/2011 8:00:39 PM

So I've been getting the discharge, the pubic hair, and the boobs. When will I get my visit from Aunt Flo?

by JvM99 on 11/3/2011 8:07:16 PM

How long does discharge last?

by KitKatE963 on 10/10/2011 7:24:57 PM

My breast grew, im getting pimples. And i have a little pubic hair thts growing and eveythings well but it seems that my period doesnt come i feel like its there but i look and nope nothing should i be worried?

by v32 on 10/5/2011 10:14:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so i started already but i havent told ANYONE and only 2 of my friends have it but i dont know how to say it but i dont want to wait until im the last one to say it and i got it the morning that i was going to my friends house and then she told my other friend i didnt have it yet cuz she lied about having hers

Hey missy, don't be nervous or embarassed about saying it. Your friends already have it and it's something every girl goes through. Your friends will be glad that someone else can relate. Just text or call them. Hope this helps you out!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by *ashleys* on 9/17/2011 6:48:02 PM

I'm having a problem. So this article says to learn whats normal for you when it comes to getting your period, but I have NO signs whatsoever! I've had my period for almost a year and I'm always surprised when I get my period and it always happens at the worst times. I don't get cramps at all, I have no PMS, and I don't have any weird cravings. Plus, my periods are always irregular. I'm getting sick of being surprised. Is there any way to be prepared?

Hey cutie!

Every girl has a different experience when it comes to getting their period.  Take a trip to your doctor or ask your mom it there's any possible way to help regulate yours.  It's very common for your period to be inconsistent and irregular for the first few years of getting it.

Jordan S. Jordan S.