9 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

12 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

13 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Will asking out my BGF ruin our friendship?

I really like one of my guy friends, but I’m scared to ‘fess up my feelings…

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I had just asked a question about a dance... Our winter formal (guys ask girls) is in two weeks... but Sadies (girls ask guys) is in 2 months... People from all around go to my school... so we live about 45 minutes apart so it would be hard to hang out one on one... But what do you think about the two dances?

Hey girlie. Well I think you should bring up the winter formal to him. Ask him if he is going and if he has a date. Then say something like, "Well we could always go together if you wanted to?"
Elizabeth P.

by goaliegirlz96 on 1/25/2011 8:53:25 PM

Hey elizabeth!
sorry for sooooo many questions! so you told me to talk to her face to face, but when ANYONE tries to talk to her (like a teach) she will be all nice for a period, then go back. or if a friend tries to talk to her she will make up an excuse saying, "whatever. i did it because he/she irks me!" (irks is her word for bother)
so i am going down the other path of trying to separate from her. how do i do that if she follows me and my friends where ever we go?
thanks for at least trying!!!! Laughing

Hey girlie. Hm. That is tough. Try talking to her and saying that you think she is mean sometimes that you don't want to hang out with someone is always mean. Say if she does not try to be nicer then you are going to distance yourself from her. Maybe that will motivate her to be nicer so she doesn't lose all of her friends.
Elizabeth P.

by kmn21 on 1/25/2011 8:50:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There's this guy that I have been hanging out more with lately and I hope he asks me to winter formal, which is two weeks away. He has walked me from 1st period (which we have together) to my 2nd period since the beginning of the school year and he is so sweet. But I don't want to make things awkward. Should I hint to him that I want to go? OR wait 2 months til Sadies and ask him then?

Hey girlie. Hm. If the dance is not for two months, maybe wait awhile. But try to hang out with him one on one sometime and see if you two connect. He can't ask you if he doesn't know you!
Elizabeth P.

by goaliegirlz96 on 1/25/2011 8:37:49 PM

hey elizabeth! before you answered my question about my "friend" needs moere friends, but the thing was that she has a lot of friends, she just is mean to them, just unrealizing the insults she does? what do i do now?

Hey girlie. Have you tried talking to her about it--just you two? If so, then maybe you can just slowly drift from her and hang out with girls that you are nice and not insulting.
Elizabeth P.

by kmn21 on 1/25/2011 8:33:15 PM

moderator! please help me out!
how do you exclude a "friends" that you dont really like, but she thinks everyone likes her? because a girl thinks shes like the most amazing person in the entire world (she actually said that)and likes to be part of school groups like jocks, nerds, popular kids, when she really doesnt fit in?

Hey girlie. I think maybe she needs a friend more than you think she does. Invite her over for a sleepover so you two can hang out just you two and see if maybe she is better in private. Maybe she needs someone to take a chance on her. You don't want to purposely exclude someone unless they are being absolutely horrible to you.
Elizabeth P.

by kmn21 on 1/25/2011 8:20:17 PM

moderator!!! please help me out!!!
so i have 2 questions!
1. well at my school, every one likes hugs. even when they arent in a relationship! i am not the hugging type so i feel awkward when friends hug me. I wouldnt mind if i havent seen this person in a long time, but i see them everyday... maybe even last period.
2. also, i feel really nervous when my basketball coach talks to me. i think is because was on his basketball team, so there was a lot of yelling. and since i was the best player, i alway get yelled at. he wants to come to one of my basketball games for a different team, but i dont want him to yell at me when i am not even playing for him... but ovverall i dont want him to go at all. no one else seems nervous around him, so why do i? and how do i prevent the weird butterfly feeling?
respond ASAP PLEASE! Laughing

Hey girlie. Unfortunately, the butterfly feeling is apart of life--But you can talk yourself out of being super nervous. First of all, if you don't like the hugs, then maybe just tell your friends that. Or you can try to embrace them! I used to not be into hugging but then I tried to be really enthusiastic about it and ended up liking them a lot! But do what you are comfortable with. As for your coach, I don't think he will yell at you if he is no longer your coach.I think he just wants to see you play because you are talented! Don't be nervous--just play your best.
Elizabeth P.

by kmn21 on 1/25/2011 7:44:14 PM

MOD MOD...
I really like my bgf and don't know if i should tell him or not. I want to know if he likes me first but everytime i try he doesn't answer fully, he kind of goes around the question. How can i find out he he likes me back without telling him that i like him?

Hey girlie. I would say try to hang out with one on one before professing your feelings for him. Then if you feel that you two have a connection then tell him that you think you may have feelings for him and wouldn't remind exploring them with him. I know it's hard, but if you feel that he may feel the same way, it's worth a try!
Elizabeth P.

by annamarie97 on 1/25/2011 7:42:44 PM

MOD...I really like my bgf but i don't know how to tell him or if i should tell him. How can i find out if he likes me back without blurting it out? He says really sweet things to me and he is really nice but i just dont know.

Hey girlie. I wouldn't rush things. Try spending time with him alone and see if you two connect. If you think you both do, then just tell him that you think you two may be good as more than friends. I know it's hard, but sometimes, it's best to say what you need to say.
Elizabeth P.

by annamarie97 on 1/25/2011 7:38:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Today i told my friend who i was going with to the vday dance. Then she said that she had a "dream" about the guy I was going with. When i asked her what it was about she said ask him. Then my other friend said it was about them kissing on the beach. If my dat knows about the dream, what should i do? Talk it out? Or just cancel? I NEED HELP ASAP CUZ I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Hey girlie. I wouldn't talk about it--could be a bit awkward! Just go and have fun at the dance and forget about the dream : )
Elizabeth P.

by paramoregurl on 1/25/2011 7:09:05 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Mod! Mod!
Ok so my BGF, Let's call him bob. He is constatly flirting with me, he also invited me to go to prom with him. And today my friend we'll call her sue, went to talk to him and see how he felt about me. He kinda said he's gonna think about asking me out. Then he ignored me for the rest of school. And now he's texting me. And asking who I like. Ummm I'm a LITTLE CONFUSED. Please decode. Thanks (:

Hey girlie. I think he is into you. He was just embarrassed after your friend asked him if he liked you because he wasn't sure how you felt. But I think he definitely into you! Do you like him, too?!
Elizabeth P.