1 HOURS AGO Happy birthday, #Virgo! See what the stars have in store this week: http://t.co/wZe6T0EWcq

12 HOURS AGO It's not the @ddlovato + @joejonas reunion that we've been waiting for, but...still, big news for #demi and a #jobro: http://t.co/CRvVglpjZb

13 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

COMMENTS

100 things that make us happy

From singin' in the rain to bustin' out Beyonce's dance moves, we've got 100 things that will turn your frown upside down.

Made my day Smile Love this!

by LRM15 on 12/3/2011 4:54:58 PM

***MOD*** *(or any1 really) im an only child and i always feel really alone. im the most popular girl in my skool rite now (im goin to middles skool in sept.) and i hav a lot of really good frends but nun of thm not even my TOTAL BFF i feel like i can just vent to and tell her everythin. my parets both work alot but i wouldnt tok to thm anyway. im always bord,but mostly i thk i just need sum1 or sumthing even (mayb) to tok to and no tht they will just listen possibly understand and tht they wont tell any1 els, thts another big problemo 4 me. i hav trust issues even thoe no 1 has ever given me a reason not to trust thm i just, i dont know. im just really alone for some reason and i just need some1. Frown pleas help me.

Hey girlie, If you want to feel closer to someone, maybe you need to try opening up.  It is scary to open up and trust someone, because there is a chance that they will hurt you.  But there's also a great chance that they will show they care for you and be there for you.  Why not start with your total BFF?  You could invite her to have a sleepover, and practice by telling her one thing that you've never told anyone but always wanted to talk about.  You should also consider checking in with an adult, such as a counselor at school, who can really help you take this on and work through the things that are bothering you.  Hang in there, girlie, things will get better. Smile

Marie H.

by Korky on 5/14/2011 8:08:47 PM

Mod! Mod! mod!
I want a dog so bad! I have a sister (10) and a brother (4). We all want a dog so bad. I am in tears because I want one so bad. I have a one track mind, and pester so bad that i never end up getting anything. i cant help it... if i were to make a presentation for my parents, they would just walk out of the room. Today, we walked into a pet store, and there were some puppies up front. I almost started to cry because i want one so bad. I dont just want them becuase i think they are cute. I want one to teach me how to be more responsible. I babysit for my siblings, and many other kids. I wanted a rabbit whenn i was in 1st grade. And my report card was so good, that i got one at the end of the year. Now, my parents think i hate my rabbit because i dont spend any time with him. I want one because I am lonly, and friendless... and i think my sis agrees. My parents love dogs, but dont want one. They just dont understand what i am going through.

hey girlie,

I can sense that you really do want a dog!  However, I am sure that your parents worry that it will be a huge responsibility.  I'm sure that a dog will be a great friend, but it really will be a lot to manage too.  There's grooming, feeding, washing, cleaning up after their mess...and it may all end up costing a lot too.  So don't be tempted to get a dog just for a companion...think about all the responsibilities that it comes with!  If you are interested in making more friends, I would definitely suggest joining some extracurricular activities to meet more people and have more fun! Don't be afraid to challenge yourself and join new circles! You may be pleasantly surprised Smile
Ruth S.

by lilla834 on 5/1/2011 12:08:44 AM

Mod. mod..mod
Right now I am extreamly alone. My best friend moved away when i was going into 4th grade. We basically lived with one another, and because of this, i never made any other friends but her. We still talk on the phone, webcam, and text. But now that both her and her brother will both b in private schools, they will be spending a lot of money on private school. There is just a little under 1000 miles between us, and the fastest, most resonable way to get there is to fly. I do other things, like gymnastics, and I have fallen in love with thee sport. It has helped me cope with my loss of my friend. Sometimes we can go almost a year with out seeing eachother, sometmes it can be a month. I have another problem but I would run out of room, so I will just make another comment.

hey girlie,

it is definitely difficult when a close friend moves away, and I am glad you are trying to stay in touch.  However, you must move on and find new friends as well.  It's important to build new relationships and find friends that you can have fun with and who can support you.  Since you do gymnastics, maybe you can start talking to more people there since you guys already have a connection (the love for the sport)! Join other extracurricular activities such as clubs to expand your social circle.  Have fun meeting new people--you'll be pleasantly surprised! Smile
Ruth S.

by lilla834 on 4/30/2011 11:58:37 PM

Well, I'v tried outside of school activities but my friends at school found out and they kept bothering me about me not telling them.
-Mily

Hey Mily,

Find activities that you can also do together with them! Or you can ask if they would like to join you for those outside of school activities...the more the merrier Smile
Ruth S.

by milygirl16 on 3/26/2011 9:59:50 PM

Hi. My name is Mily. I'm having a really hard time with school and family. I only have one true friend, but he's a guy. I need a girl friend who will listen to me and give me some advice. I'm 13. If there's anyone out there who is willing to help me and make a new friend, PLEASE comment on my profile and we can talk. I just need a real friend again. Thank you.
-Mily

Hey Mily,

I think I responded to your post that you posted under another article.  But just wanted to let you know that we're always here if you need any advice or support!  Times can be tough--but hang in there and know that you're not alone even when you feel lonely! Try joining a club or an extracurricular activity to meet some new people that you may share some similar tastes with!
Ruth S.

by milygirl16 on 3/26/2011 9:49:35 PM

-Mily

Hey Mily,

I'm glad you stopped by Smile  We're always here for you if you need any advice or support.  I know things can be really tough sometimes, but know that even when you feel lonely, you are never alone.  Try talking to some new people at school or join a new club or extracurricular activity--you may be surprised at who you find yourself connecting and having a good time with Smile
Ruth S.

by milygirl16 on 3/26/2011 9:37:06 PM

Please join the club heart of roses. Haven't you ever wanted a club that you can chat with TONS of members? Well lets make that happen! Smile Please become a member of my club Heart of Roses. I'd really appreciate it! Have you ever wanted to be Vice Prez, Secretary, Treasurer, or Officer? You can become one of those positions to! Become a member of Heart of Roses today! Smile

by paigeth5 on 3/23/2011 6:10:06 PM

101: Reading this article. Made me smile.

by sapphire368 on 3/22/2011 12:18:00 AM

I luv this GL!!!! Nicely done!!!! I sooo agree /w all these!!!!! Just reading this made me smile!!! I literally laughed out loud at the Taylor swift one cuz that is EXACTLY what I do!!!

by pink and purple girl on 3/17/2011 12:37:42 PM

yeah i much rather be a girl then a boy....we can wear skirts and make up and style our hair Laughing adn periods aren't that bad...sometimes....

by Alykat18 on 3/17/2011 11:52:01 AM

Oh my gosh! One month until I flash my pearly whites to the world!

by Journeys on 3/3/2011 9:57:28 PM

Finally, something happy. Life too short to be sad. Chosse Happy! Smile

by gigglemonster on 2/22/2011 3:44:48 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by popcorn7732 on 2/22/2011 1:55:38 PM

Reading this makes me feel happySmile Another thing that makes me happy is popping bubble wrap!! LOL!!!

by itsme24/7 on 2/16/2011 7:26:23 PM

Typo lol I mean "Love it!"

by countrycutie12 on 2/16/2011 4:34:24 PM

Kove it@

by countrycutie12 on 2/16/2011 4:34:10 PM

I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of these are so ironic; I see my lucky number EVERYWHERE!!!!
P.S. I give advice, girlies!!!

by lasvegasgirl on 2/15/2011 10:45:37 PM

Just reading this makes me so much happier! Laughing

by RedPanda on 2/13/2011 1:01:21 PM

MOD****************************
Is there any way to print the "100 things" lists?

Hey girl, if you hit the print button near the comment box on the article, you can get a printer friendly page.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sassygirl93 on 2/8/2011 10:50:23 PM

omg, so true, but justin????? zeke is better, lol!Smile!(L)(L)(L)(L)

by diddi on 2/6/2011 3:59:04 PM

#86 and #76 are so tru

by oreochip650 on 2/6/2011 3:16:38 PM

haha how did they know I watch Wizards just for Justin?

by soccercastle on 2/5/2011 9:54:18 PM

Hey girlie. I wish I could help ya out on that one, but I'd go talk to a doctor to see if he/she knows why that would happen.  Marly Z.

by tap_dancer on 2/5/2011 9:32:11 PM

think of your crush

2.make a heart with your hands

3.then kiss your hands while still making the heart

4.then put the heart where your real heart is

5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out

6.this will only work if you post this to your favorite article

reportby Imastar55 on 2/3/2011 5:25:30 PM

by *i<3greggsulkin* on 2/5/2011 12:28:53 AM

I felt happy just reading them!!! LOL

by colorblack on 2/4/2011 9:17:41 PM

Yeah, sounds about right. Especially #44...if I watch "The Little Mermaid" one more time I will never be able to watch it with anybody else again w/o annoying them to death Smile

by mileychannahm on 2/3/2011 7:30:36 PM

This totally describes what makes me happy!!!!!!

by Bluerocker25 on 2/3/2011 6:41:12 PM

4.then put the heart where your real heart is

5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out

6.this will only work if you post this to your favorite article

by Imastar55 on 2/3/2011 5:25:30 PM

I LOVE snow!!! I'm in one of the states getting 18 inches!!! Yay!!!!!! Smile :o

by Gabriella123 on 2/1/2011 6:49:28 PM

hahahah!!! it says watching the snow fall makes us happy- not me! we are planned to get 18 inches of snow in 1.5 days! thats ridiculous! hello, snowdays for the rest of the week... i like snow, but not 18 inches of it! its too deep to go sledding =(

by mollyra on 2/1/2011 5:50:26 PM

luv it Laughing

by kalea107 on 2/1/2011 4:04:15 PM

They all describe me especially 79 and 100!

by greenswimmer101 on 2/1/2011 4:01:36 PM

Mod thanks for answering this. ok, so me and my friend are throwing my bff a surprise party since she spent her birthday at a funeral for her grandpa. Frown but anyway, i am going to my friends house at 3:00 and then we r going over to set up at 3:30. i was wondering what kinds of things we should make? and what should i wear since i have to change right after dance and then leave from there. THANKS!! im really excited Smile

That's so nice of you to throw her a surprise party! I'm sure you guys will all have so much fun. I would decorate with streamers and fun party things. Go to your local party store and pick out things you know she would love, and use her favorite color when decorating. Also, it would be cool to have a cake for her. As far as what you should wear, I'd talk to the other people who are going and your friend who helped you set up the party to coordinate outfits. I will say that I wouldn't go too dressy because the birthday girl will probably be in regular clothes, and you don't want to make her feel underdressed.
Marly Z.

by fashionqueen722 on 2/1/2011 10:26:37 AM

hey everyone! im looking for someone alot like me so please look at this and get back to meSmile! heres some stuff about me:

fav color: pink, green
fav subject: social studies
fav tv show: make it or break it, pretty little liars
fav sport: basketball
fav movie(s): i love easy a, sydney white, and shes the man!
something i wanna try: i REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna try gymnastics! i hope i can soon! i have to wait till june thoughFrown!
personality: talkative, a little loud, playful, energetic, friendly, i try to be nice to people!, i have a good amount of friends, im a little lazySmile, i love going on vacation, i really like to talk to people on GL, i am good on computers- but im not all dorky! i just like going on GL and stuff, i love upbeat fun music, i like to eat- but im really skinny since i play a LOT of basketball!

please get back to me if you have a lot in common with me! im looking for someone to talk to on GL! thanks girls!

by laughlots on 1/31/2011 6:40:48 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by alaina978978 on 1/31/2011 12:16:02 AM

5, 7, 11, 15, 21, 24, 25<3, 30<3, 32, 37<3, 46, 65<3<3<3, 70, 74, 75, 83, 89, 92, 96, 98, 99, 100 Laughing I absolutely LOVE these "100 Lists"! Keep 'em comin GLSmile

by pisces3081995 on 1/30/2011 7:40:53 PM

Omg! I love the one about looking at pics of you and your bestie when you were little! This year, I recently realized I was in the same class as my BFF when I was 3! Shes my BFF now too, Pretty Crazy! But happy!

by sockmonkey49 on 1/29/2011 9:24:30 PM

I love these! They are great! Thanks GL! Also, if anyone needs advice on anything...I would LOVE to help out!

by topchef88 on 1/29/2011 2:23:40 PM

I love this article soo much that I had to email it to myself! It definitely made my day! Hope this makes your day: Dear whoever is reading this, you're beautiful and someone out there is crazy about you. So smile! (: Life is too short to be unhappy.

by browneyedpretty on 1/29/2011 2:10:33 PM

#101- reading this artical!

by pandapaw345 on 1/27/2011 11:23:32 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by Taylor3594 on 1/25/2011 5:06:27 PM

Hey all. I'm an ice skater, and I just searched on GL for "skaters" and there's like a million ice skaters!!! So to all the figure skaters out there-We should make a club!! We could all chat about skating stuff and encourage each other and all that =) Until then, I would love to talk to any figure skaters on my profile!!! =)

by peacelovepuppies on 1/24/2011 6:33:39 PM

Amazing. Thank you so, SO much GL! This totally made my week. So encouraging. Thanks for letting us remember the best parts of life! Smile <3

by writergirl12 on 1/24/2011 4:21:16 PM

Mod!!! This isn't a question, but I love the hundred things list! Thank you for doing them!Smile

Hey girlie! No problem Smile We're glad you enjoy them! Keep checking back for more!

Caitlin F.

by hawaiiancherry on 1/24/2011 2:57:31 PM

The things that make me most happy are numbers
7, 8, 24, 25, 40, 47, 49, 64, 68, 85, and my all time favourite... 93! I LOVE LOVE!!!!! Happy Valentine's Day fellow lovers<3

by HelloKittyQueen on 1/23/2011 10:47:44 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by volleygleek23 on 1/23/2011 6:34:49 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by girsrcool on 1/23/2011 5:06:36 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

reportby moosempepper on 1/22/2011 8:25:09 PM

by Funinthesun40 on 1/23/2011 3:20:14 PM

love this article. so many are true to me like having the best dream then remembering it( they almost always have my chrush in them)and i alweays make a wish at 11:11 and i <3 funnt halloween costumes i was a hershey kiss this year a hot dog lat year and a bumble bee b4 that

by laxchik18 on 1/23/2011 2:09:22 PM

this is an awesome list! but i never get snow Frown

by 12coco on 1/23/2011 10:11:46 AM

#101- This artical

by pandapaw345 on 1/22/2011 11:50:38 PM

I loved this article!!! Smile Thanks GL!

by 17cheergirl! on 1/22/2011 10:23:41 PM

LOVE

by flutestar on 1/22/2011 9:14:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I was wondering how to get a babysitting job. I took a class 3 years ago but I still haven't found a job. I don't have any family or family friends with kids I can watch. On halloween I some people on my street that I babysit but nothing so far. I don't want to hang up fliers (hello creepy people!)so I don't know what to do. Any ideas?
thanks!

Hey chica! Try talking to all your friends about it. Someone is bound to know someone who needs a babysitter.
Marly Z.

by twilightluver636 on 1/22/2011 6:53:52 PM

wow...so many of these apply to me, I wasn't expecting it. I love this article!

by JD711998 on 1/22/2011 6:53:17 PM

This was awesome and definitely true

by Ebueaty on 1/22/2011 5:11:02 PM

This was awesome and defintely true;)

by Ebueaty on 1/22/2011 5:09:59 PM

This made me smile. Thanks, GL! ☺

by lillibug618 on 1/22/2011 3:35:18 PM

That. Was. Wonderful. Thank you GL!!

by EmJ on 1/22/2011 3:17:48 PM

awesome, gotta love #96- blasting a song by Taylor Swift (I call her T-Swizzle cuz of Thug Story) and feeling like it is about you and ur life!

by classie on 1/22/2011 2:44:24 PM

MOD: I feel like I have no friends. My school is small so it's a bit cliquish. I was new this year, Kinda quiet, and I only made 2 good friends. The problem is that my really good friend, practically my only friend, is moving schools next year. I'm always so upset when i think about school and how lonely I am, I've been crying so much more lately. My dad has given me the option to change schools, to a bigger and higher rated school in my area. I dont know whether I should change, or just try and survive the next few years, and try to make friends along the way. This school is making me really sad, and I want to be happy again. What should I do?

hey! I think a change would be good for you, give you a fresh, happy start and give you the chance to really put yourself out there. good luck!
Helen S.

by Iwantsomeonetoloveme on 1/22/2011 2:17:50 PM

aww, this made me smile, i'm so bookmarking this page and reading it whenever i feel sad Smile

by pinkandlime on 1/22/2011 12:15:04 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by dramagal2222 on 1/22/2011 9:30:05 AM

MOD MOD
so I want a kind of moderate funk/punk look,like no dark makeup or explicit clothes) and i don't have a lot of money to spend on new clothes. what are some basic pieces I'll need and is there something i can do to my hair without cutting it? thanks!

Hey girl,

Maybe you could get some black skinny jeans, a patterned or graphic tee, a black jacket (if you can find one for not much money) and accessories. Since you don't have much money to spend on new clothes, you could focus on some accessories first to start changing up outfits you do have. You could also try checking out Goodwill or a thrift store to find some cheaper fashions.

I would try to find some style icons and try to copy their style while making it your own. As for your hair, maybe you could straighten it if you have curly hair, or try out some new headbands or other accessories that will fit in with your new style.

Vanessa J.

by dinkaba11 on 1/22/2011 2:05:07 AM

This article made me smile (:

by yellowducky2713 on 1/22/2011 12:47:58 AM

89 and 98 for sure!!! <3 but deffinately 89!

by chocobear97 on 1/22/2011 12:46:20 AM

OMG!!!! I just got the best fortune EVER!!! It said "ur love life will b happy and harmonious." it made me soooo happy!!!

by Peace*Love*Converse on 1/21/2011 10:34:46 PM

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 1/21/2011 9:32:57 PM

MOD
I really want a bf, but i keep ending up in the 'friend zone' how can i avoid this besides spending time one on one outside of school? and also, how can i get someone to ask me to the vday dance? thanks!

Hey girlie. Unfortunately, in life you can't make people like you. If you do, even if it seems like it is working at first, in the long run will end up failing because it will be insincere. You want a guy to like you on his own time. What I mean is that you want to meet a guy who falls for you--the real you, not the you that is trying to make him like you. So if you like someone, spend time with them, but give them the chance to know you. As for the Vday dance, ask a friend that you know you will have a good time with. Honestly, I've been there before and the date that you bring isn't everything. So bring someone you actually like, not just the cute guy who sits next to you in english. Trust me--you will have a blast and it will a lot less pressure.

Elizabeth P.

by sodapoprocker on 1/21/2011 9:14:03 PM

So true, there ARE 100 things that make us happy!!!!:')

by KaliKat on 1/21/2011 9:13:38 PM

I love this article!!!!It's sooooooo true!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Smile

by rainbowsparkle98 on 1/21/2011 8:15:01 PM

HEY GIRLS!!!!!!!!
If you need advice on anything check out my profile and leave a comment i will get back to you!!I would love to help!
i can help with