Bridget M.

is modding

10 HOURS AGO 6 heart-pumpin' holiday jams to jam out to: http://t.co/ZcwVtiUtBF

13 HOURS AGO Tired of people thinking you're the dumb girl? http://t.co/H9Pby1wY88

14 HOURS AGO Gorgeous winter skin in just 4 easy steps: http://t.co/ZkWi31pHvW

COMMENTS

25 fantastic things to do on MLK Day

Will you participate in the MLK 25 Challenge?

MOD!
I want to make my room more fun with cute decorations, what should I make or buy?

Hey girlie,

Check out our DIY Room Decor tag for tons of great ideas on revamping your room! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/diy-room-decor.aspx

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 1/21/2013 4:21:50 PM

Heyy Girls, join my fashion and beauty club:It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!!, Everyday there will be an outift of the day and a tip of the day. If you hold a position you should post at least 3 times a week if possible more!!!Also make sure you advertise(: We will talk about fashion, makeup, nails, acne... basicaclly EVERYTHING!!! ♥ Happy MLK Day!

by nazirah817 on 1/21/2013 2:07:32 PM

Hey I really want to start volunteering at things but I think I am too young I"m too young to volunteer at the library, convelescent home, or the senior center and I dont know if my city has an animal shelter

Hey girl, check out these service opportunities: 25 fantastic things to do on MLK Day!  We bet you'll find something that you can do, no matter your age.  Happy Day of Service!

Karin E.

by archeology on 1/21/2013 11:39:39 AM

Without Martin Luther King Jr. I Don't Know Where America Would Be Today. Here's My Favorite Words From His I Have A Dream Speech "I Have A Dream That My 4 Children Will One Day Not Be Judged By The Color Of Their Skin But By The Content Of Their Character" Line Of My Life!

by EddyKala on 1/16/2012 6:50:57 PM

we didnt have the day offFrown thank you Martin Luther King Jr.

by millia7 on 1/16/2012 5:36:05 PM

Without Martin Luther King Jr...I don't know where I'd be today. He is what gave me rights as a American. Without him I probably couldn't got to diverse school, do sports, go to the store, go to church, let my mom have a job, or well...have most freedom American's have today. Thank MLK Jr..for everything. I wish I was doing something today to celebrate such a prestigious holiday, but I am not Frown. But everyone who is..make a difference today! Smile

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 1/16/2012 3:17:52 PM

Hey girls,
Need advice on anything? Visit my club, kkgirl4life, and I'll answer you as fast as I can
xoxo-kkgirl4life

by kkgirl4life on 1/16/2012 3:10:25 PM

Yeah, tonight I'm going to an orientation to be a volunteer at my local humane society Smile

by Sheyenne on 1/16/2012 12:50:53 PM

Hey girls♥!

Need advice on girl stuff? Feel too embarrassed to ask someone else,or are you just not getting good answers? Well then,♥Club♥Girl♥Stuff♥ is for you! You can ask me for advice on anything from boys to makeup,tampons to work-outs,stress to braces! I'm also happy to give links if you want;) JOIN NOW!!!

by iluvmusic♥ on 1/16/2012 11:52:14 AM

******ATTENTION*****

Please check out these clubs:;The Walking Dead Fan Club,WWE Diva's Only,The Gym Class Heroes Fan Club and my Adele's #1 Fans club PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check it out.THANK YOU!!!! Smile

by Princess Keziyah on 1/16/2012 11:51:17 AM

these are great ideas!!!! MLK days means alot to me and my family, because my great grandfather was his bodyguard, and its weird to have all these photos with my grandfather next to such a great man.

by j4zm09 on 1/16/2012 11:25:00 AM

Another good website is freekibble.com I really wanna help people a lot more this year Smile

by baconlvr711 on 1/16/2012 11:02:52 AM

I love these ideas! They make MLK day more meaningful. Thanks GL! Laughing

by Terra Rose♥ on 1/16/2012 10:49:04 AM

Freerice.com!!! My friend Dev goes there all the time, but he cheats. The object is answer a question right and you just gave 5 grains of rice, but Dev hits the back button and re-answers a question over and over again, he's crazy but he gave practically a thousand grains of rice in just one class period, and yes my geography teachers allowed it Smile

by clem10 on 1/16/2012 9:12:15 AM

Freerice.com is amazing!!! I'd still be doing it even without the awesome cause, I love answering questions!!!

by AlwaysDreamer on 1/16/2012 7:46:44 AM

Omg I did this last year at an elementary school that needed help because it was old.It was soooooooo fun too!I'm related to Malcolm X but its sort of depressing when no one around you knows who he is.

by snowver11 on 1/16/2012 7:21:28 AM

@wednesday1408, maybe there's something you can do about it! Write to your town mayor, state governor, or another local government official pleading your case. You never know what might happen Smile

by PandaPrincess♥ on 1/16/2012 2:27:37 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
sometimes i get these pimples on my face that don't go away for a while...i use face washes, but my mom won't let me get the ones with salicylic acid because she thinks they're too strong for my skin. is there any way i can still have clear skin without salicylic treatment?
thx Smile

Hey girlie,

Try an oil-free facewash, which should help to keep your acne under control.

Kathryn S.

by gumcard on 1/16/2012 2:22:08 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
in the medical area(1 clinic, doctors, pharmacy, hospital, and nursing home all grouped together) and down the street from my school they are opening a strip club and a lot of us students walk down that way to get lunch or go home sooo what should i do its gonna bring a lot of creeprs near my school and im kinda freaked out.

Unfortunately, that does seem like it would be kind of creepy. I don't know much about strip clubs but it might not be open during daytime hours, which would be better - and then you would just need to avoid the area at night. If you're going to walk past it, I would make it during the day — or, if there's another path you can take, that might be better. Make sure you always walk with someone else, and when possible it might be better to walk with a parent. Sorry!

Vanessa J.

by wednesday1408 on 1/22/2011 2:03:08 AM

Mod mod mod!
I have this idea, but i'm not sure if it will work. I live in a small town, but about 30 minutes away is a slightly larger city and that's where all the malls and everything are. Anyway, I've been wanting to throw a cupcake party and have my friends over to decorate a bunch of cupcake. But I was thinking what to do with the cupcakes afterwards. There's a hospital in the city, and I was thinking maybe we could take the cupcakes there and give them to the children there? Do you think if I called the hospital and asked about this they would approve?

Hey girl, you could. I'd talk to your mom first about it (you'd probably have to make more than a dozen) and see what she thinks. It sounds like it could be the makings of a sweet idea though.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Neverletmego<3 on 1/18/2011 10:51:14 PM

MLK did so much for humanity. RIP.

by readerhi1234 on 1/18/2011 12:41:34 AM

I love this! MLK day SHOULD be a day of service, not just another day off. RIP Martin Luther King Jr.

by musicluva246 on 1/17/2011 7:40:43 PM

Ah, too late now.

I had so much homework to get done today.

by NJessicaN on 1/17/2011 7:32:06 PM

HEY EVERYONE!!!
CHECK OUT MY PROFILE!!!
LEAVE ME A ROCKING COMMENT OR QUESTION!
i WILL RESPOND THE SECOND I LOG ON TO MY ACCOUNT SO YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON ME TO RESPOND TO YOU ON MY PROFILE AND ON YOUR PROFILE!!!!

~KMN21

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 1/17/2011 4:35:46 PM

Hey girls! Get advice from me on anything! Boys Relationships Family Friends Healthy-Eating Staying-Fit School Dance Acting ANYTHING!! So visit my profile, and ask me! sstods Smile guaranteed answer within 24 hours on ur profile. If your profile isnt publicly visible, ill answer on mine!

by sstods on 1/17/2011 4:02:57 PM

MOD
When you enter in your own meanie (from girlslife guys) when does it come on the website?

We get lots of submissions from you girlies, so just try to be patient! We go through them all and post the ones we think will be most interesting to read and the ones that are the easiest for our readers to identify with.

Lauren C.

by mikyla16 on 1/17/2011 3:43:26 PM

So inspiring! I love to volunteer, so I'll been doing things a lot harder than playing a little game at FreeRice.com...
Well any who,
Hey girlies!
Need advice on anything, from boys to working out, and from make- up to mean girls, or anything in between? Well Ask Athena (me) on my profile, and I will be sure to respond A.S.A.P.!

by Ask Athena on 1/17/2011 3:40:03 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
i want to do like a toy drive but i have nobody to do it with. i am bored and at my grandmas housemy grandma has work to do so there isnt much for me to do.. any suggestions?

Hey girl,

Try researching places in your area - volunteer organizations, churches, homeless shelters, Toys for Tots, etc. - that already have toy drives set up. That way, you don't need a whole team to get started. All you need is your own motivation! Once you get involved, you can ask friends/teachers/family if they'd like to get involved with you.

Lauren C.

by roxhattie on 1/17/2011 3:34:39 PM

Yah! Like I can do all that! My sister and I already have a sinner date tonight!

by mikyla16 on 1/17/2011 3:17:46 PM

i <3 free rice .com! 4 every q u answer rite, it donates 10 grains of rice 2 the hungry. u dont even have 2 b a member 2 do so!

by janerbuy on 1/17/2011 2:58:46 PM

This is a good idea GL should do this every year!

by May9 on 1/17/2011 2:45:41 PM

This is a great idea!

by May9 on 1/17/2011 2:40:01 PM

Cool! If anyone needs advice on anything come to my profile and ask me. I would LOVE to help out!

by topchef88 on 1/17/2011 2:31:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD Pleassse help. I have a friend who gets bullied. A lot. She told me she has been thinking of suicide, and i told her that that isn't the answer, and that she could talk to me or she could call a hotline (i gave her the hotline #) but that didn't help, and she is really serious. I was thinking of telling my favorite trusted teacher, but idk what to do...i feel helpless. What can i do? Thank you!

Hey girl,

I totally know what you mean. You just want to fix the situation on your own, but the reason why you're feeling helpless is because you need someone else's help on this one. Tell whoever you feel comfortable talking to - that trusted teacher, your parent, one of her parents, a school nurse, a clergy person. ANYONE. Explain the whole situation to them and let them know how long it's been going on. Your friend needs help and it's wonderful she confided in you, because now you can help her find the support she needs <3

Lauren C.

by polska456 on 1/17/2011 12:34:56 PM

We had a snow day today so i won't be leaving my house Smile

by lover_of_life on 1/17/2011 12:15:19 PM

u should add watch the movie "our friend martin"
it really makes u think for all those chicas that have seen it b4