7 HOURS AGO November's almost over... How's your #NaNoWriMo novel coming?

8 HOURS AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

10 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

6 moves to get you toned by spring break

This butt-kicking workout will get you in tip-top shape in a flash...

hi i want to lose some weight from my stomach and thigh area by summertime. do you have any tips for exercise and healthy eating for me to try? thank you so much

Hey girlie, the most important exercise for weight loss is cardio. Anything that gets your heart rate up is great exercise. For healthy eating, start by making small changes. Eat smaller portions and snack on fruits and veggies instead of junk food.

Lauren T.

by sydney67 on 3/18/2013 8:34:43 PM

I'm 12 years old and 130 pounds I eat healthy and I exercise every morning and night and I haven't lost any weight for 2 months actually I have gained weight. Both my parents aren't super skinny and I really want to lose weight in time for spring but it's so hard for me! Any advice??

Hey girlie,

If you are gaining weight with exercise, you might be building muscle. If you want to lose weight, I would talk to your doctor about an eating and exercise plan that's right for your body, because you don't want to lose more weight than you should! Try focusing more on living a healthy lifestyle and less on appearance and you will be fine!

Meghan D.

by 243christina on 3/17/2013 12:52:35 AM

im going on a "road trip but in a van.. what kind of exersizes can i do in a car for 9 hours? i need help like now bedore the 23ed

by popgirl79 on 3/15/2013 5:35:21 PM

Ive been working on toning up and getting in better shape for about the last 4 months, and everything else seems to be shaping up but the upper part of my inner thighs. Any advice advice on how to target those?

by teafordeux on 3/14/2013 11:14:10 PM

Im 12 years old, 5'2'' and i weigh 130 pounds. im really insecure about my weight. ive been trying to loose weight for a long time, my goal is to weigh 115 pounds. do you have any advice on loosing weight fast and just being healthier?

Hey Girl, You're really young and still growing so you're weight can be really misleading. However, it's important to stay active and eat well so you can have a healthy lifestyle and prevent future illnesses. Commit to exercising everyday- and that could anything, walking the dog, jumping rope, biking... you name it (it's fun). And eat well, stay away from processed, junky foods and lean towards all natural fruits and vegetables. Check out our Health and Fitness section (and if you have twitter, @GLhealthyhearts) for some ideas.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by onedirectionlurve on 3/14/2013 6:49:41 AM

Woww I hope this really workks!

by savannahjb2001 on 3/8/2013 5:24:35 PM

I have bad knees so are there any excersises I can do instead of the ones that include knee bending?

Hey girlie! Of course there are. Try partial squats instead of full ones, and speed walking or using the elliptical instead of running. You might also want to try some low-impact cardio, like dance or yoga. Hope this helps!
Florence N.

by Nutmeg2009 on 3/8/2013 12:55:54 PM

Hi! I just got back surgery so I can't bend, lift heavy objects, or twist...I was wondering what exercises I can do to that tones my stomach! Please help!(:

hey! I don't think you should be exercising, girl. Just get plenty of rest and let your back heal. What if you hurt yourself trying to work out and had to go back to the hospital? Not worth the risk, trust me.

Helen S.

by princesschick1999 on 3/7/2013 4:29:25 PM

Do you know any good workouts to get rid of a little belly fat in a couple weeks???
Thanks so much!😃

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile

Helen S.

by Osnapitzali on 3/7/2013 3:16:28 PM

I have a great tip for a self tanner!
Things you will need: Black Tea, Water, A Sponge or a Water Sprayer

First boil the Black Tea
Then you sponge it on over the bath tub or spray it on make sure to rub it in and use an old towel it might stain it!

The black tea will stain your skin and it will last for three to four days, the black tea is also good for your skin! You will have a great tan, but make sure to ask you might get in a wee bit of trouble!!!! Smile

by Maddie90871 on 3/7/2013 9:31:30 AM

Skip the ice cream and make a chunky monkey shake. Blend 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 cup of low-fat chocolate milk with 1 cup of ice for a protein-packed pick-me-up.

Heading a soccer ball can mess up your melon.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!