12 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

15 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

16 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

100 fitness tips to live by

We've got all the tips, factoids and workout excuse-busters you need to get fit, fast.

Hi so i am growing taller and im overweight but i dont look like i am overweight. Does growing taller have anything to do with that?

Hey girl!

It's totally natural to gain weight as you grow taller. There's more body to ya, which means there needs to more weight to you! If you're severely overweight, consider working out and changing your diet. But if you just feel as if you're overweight but you really aren't, try not to worry about it!
Rachael A.

by kelly268 on 6/29/2012 2:32:18 PM

@tip 17
wat if ur full and u tell ur parents that... but they don't want to waste food... and they won't put it in a container... and they force u to eat it??? wat should i do then??

by lovexx on 6/23/2012 8:13:27 PM

during the school year, i can control more of the junk i eat. but since summer has started, i just eat whatever i see on the counter...which is usually cookies or chips. how can i motivate myself to eat better??? thanks soo much!Smile

by summergirl190 on 6/18/2012 7:42:46 PM

ok... so I read a health article recently that disproves the whole "if you're craving sweets just take one bite" thing. apparently, sweets and fats have chemical properties that are addictive so after the first bite, you're drawn in. the article stated that the effect of sugars/fats have a suimilar effect as heroin on the human body. In

by jewels96 on 6/17/2012 9:15:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I am such a picky eater, and I'm not proud of it. I like exotic foods, like Japanese and sea food, but I cant stand fruit. I dont know why! Is there any way I can train my body to like fruit?

Hey girl,

Are you sure you've tried and hated EVERY single kind of fruit?  There must be one that you can tolerate.
Jordan S.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 6/6/2012 6:37:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
do you know any workouts that take away some fat from your calves? im a ballerina and ballerinas usually have big calves(compared to their thighs), but i don't like it and i get self conscious. its not that big of a deal but if i could make my calves smaller, that would be great!!!!! Smile

Hey girl,

If you built calf muscle from exercising at dance, you don't want your calves to get smaller, because they show how fit you are! Since you're a ballerina, here's a ballet-inspired workout that includes calf exercises you might like! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/10/20/Get-en-pointe-with-a-ballet-inspired-workout.aspx

Meghan D.

by glamqueen on 5/18/2012 11:12:37 PM

So after I read this article I was wondering if its OK to eat sunflower seeds. I play softball so were always eating the seeds in the dugout. thanks soo much!

Hey girl, sure! Sunflower seeds are very healthy for you. The one thing you need to watch out for is all of the sodium that is put on the seeds. Try to find low sodium or plain sunflower seeds next time you look for some.
lauren r.

by blackkrose on 3/11/2012 12:09:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD I need to see a therapist but my parents dont have the money and I dont have the time. What should I do?

Hey girl, you could always go and see your school's guidance counselor. I'm sure they'd be willing to help, it's free and you can go during your lunch break or after school. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by MeLoveCupcake on 12/24/2011 6:43:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm heavier than I should be and I want to be thinner. I have most of what I need to get thinner but I was wondering r they any really helpful tips u could give me??

Hey girl,

The healthiest way to slim down and get fit is a combo of healthy eating and working out. Being active is major - it's tempting to spend the summer lounging by the pool or watching lots of movies inside, but getting active even just 60 minutes each day will do wonders! Organize a game of basketball with your friends, take a brisk walk around the local lake, bike to the pool, or pop in a new yoga video you rented from your library. Pair this with thoughtful diet choices (eating three balanced meals a day, snacking on healthier things like yogurt, carrot sticks, granola bars, or whole grain toast instead of cookies/chips) and you'll be all set! Smile
Lauren C.

by lilredhead on 7/25/2011 5:30:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!
what are some workouts that will get rid of all the fat on my arms ?
Thanks Smile