2 HOURS AGO We created the ultimate checklist of things to think about while you hunt for the perf workout class!: http://t.co/eU6WdAeW0s

3 HOURS AGO Sweet treats: 6 good enough to eat beauty products!: http://t.co/ylzXi1F6QX

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 go glam from lips to tips with @paulfranktweets’s makeup set from @MichaelsStores: http://t.co/XrbLQcGrR7

COMMENTS

100 fitness tips to live by

We've got all the tips, factoids and workout excuse-busters you need to get fit, fast.

MOD MOD MOD!
Do you know of any legit workouts I can do at home that will work on strength, toning, and flexibility? I dont want to take classes or buy videos. &I've tried to check GirlsLife, but I dont know what to look for. Thanks!

Hey girl,

Here's a great workout to get toned legs: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/05/09/3-at-home-exercises-for-totally-toned-legs.aspx, and here's another good toning post: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/07/speedy-moves-to-tone.aspx. Yoga is a great way to work on all three of those things, so check out this post also: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/25/get-energized-with-yoga.aspx. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by Pink0x on 7/12/2011 3:26:31 PM

cool

by Nasma Hussein on 6/28/2011 6:25:43 AM

I love to run, but I'm never able to for many reasons. I can't run alone (not even around the block), I don't have anyone to run with (friends, family, my mom is always too busy, etc.)And I know there are other things I can do to stay fit, but I really love to run. Are there any ways to run? (btw, schools out so I can't go to the track)

Hey girl,

Tell your parents how much you really love to run and see if they can come up with a plan to take you to a park or track and let you run there. If you express how much it means to you, they should be willing to help you out. x0x0
Casey L.

by mememe6 on 6/23/2011 11:19:43 AM

mod!!
i'm 12 and live in hot tx
so...i swim and everything but i cant use the gym and usually cant go run by myself.
workout tips for the summer?

Hey girl!

Swimming is great exercise, so definitely keep doing those laps in the pool. Jumping rope is great exercise, and it's so easy to do because you can do it inside and by yourself.  Jogging in place and doing workout videos are also great ways to stay in shape. Good luck! x0x0
casey l.

by cupcakegenius on 6/16/2011 3:46:12 PM

i love my body( Love it) but im 36 pounds overweight and i want to be healthy so um i want to know the healthy way to losing weight,,, i eat healthy you know wheat bread, stuff like that , so i also want to know how much pounds i should lose a week i heard it was 2 pounds ? is that right so i also make sure that im drinking a ton of water (i love water ) so of my favorite workouts i like swimming , i love volleyball , i just want to be healthy so my questions are um is losing 2 pounds a week the right way to go,any aggressive workouts that are fun at the same time,and what are some other ways i can be healthy? thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

Yep, it's a great success to lose 1-3 pounds each week. 2 should be the target - but if you don't get to that, don't think you're doing something wrong! Either way, losing weight in moderation is really the healthiest way to do it Smile As for workouts, you sound like you have a great plan ahead of you. Swimming, volleyball, kickboxing, jogging, yoga, lunges, squats, biking, hiking, soccer...choose things that will keep you passionate about your workout routine. Map them out on a calendar so you aren't doing the same thing (cardio or strength training) two days in a row, and that way you'll have everything all planned out. And always make sure you're getting enough sleep. At least 8 hours really helps!
Lauren C.

by warrior rose on 6/13/2011 3:42:29 PM

a really fun workout is belly dancing! its actually really fun and you can take cheap classes

by cammybellpoptart on 6/9/2011 6:46:06 PM

I am doing cross country next school year and next week I am already going to start training! I need to get healthier, in shape, and there is a past of heart disease in my family so I don't want to get it.

by Scooby239 on 6/9/2011 4:12:26 PM

Hey girlys!

Do you have a question, need advice, or just need someone to talk to? Well I'm your girl! I give advice to anyone on anything with no judgement! There is no such thing as a question that is too personal, stupid, or weird! You can never ask me too many questions because I love giving advice! I can't wait to hear from you! Just leave your question on my profile, my advice/tips club Dear Pinky, or on my Advice Queen Page!! See you Soon!!! Smile

by pinkypi26 on 6/9/2011 3:17:20 PM

OK IM THINKING OF DOING A STRENGTH SESSION + CARDIO SO I DO STRENGTH 3 DAYS TUSEDAY THURSDAY N SATURDAY then cardio MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY ANd SUNDAY ,what are some ideas for cardio i was thinking of jumping jacks and jogging in place. i dont know what else. i want to have 6 exercises each lasting 10 minutes. now for strength i have planks ,crunches , sit ups , weights , like i said i want six excersizes so i need 2 strength exercises and 4 cardio exercises so what do you think? what are some good songs to do these exercises to and lastly I ALSO WANT TO DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE INVOLVING MARTIAL ARTS OR MAYBE KICK BOXING? any ideas? THANKS A BUNCH!!

Hey girl!

It's really great that you want to get in shape, but please do not over-do it. Remember- too much of anything is not good.  Even working out just 3-4 days a week is still really great for your body.  Jumping jacks and jogging in place is great, but how about also doing jump rope and taking a jog outside? For strength, any of those ideas are great--plus you could rotate them to avoid your routine becoming boring.  Any up-beat, pop songs make great workout music, and martial arts and kick boxing sound like fun! x0x0

Casey L.

by warrior rose on 6/9/2011 12:49:09 PM

Mod mod mod
How can I find the perfect sport? I don't want to sign up for stuff that I will hate. I don't like soccer, basketball, football, or track. I am petite and a bit fat 103 lb at 13 years old! I can run pretty fast not really 10 minutes is my mile, I'm pretty flexible (can reach 10 in past my toes) but I can't do a cartwheel I can to a backbend though. I have no hand eye coordination whatsoever and am not strong in any way shape or form. Any ideas for a sport?

Hey girl!

You should totally take a dance or gymnastics class. It sounds like it would be perfect for you. You can build up your flexibility and strength, and it doesn't require any hand-eye coordination. Hope that helps! x0x0
Casey L.