1 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

3 HOURS AGO Are you #TeamTaylor or #TeamKaty? Read the facts behind this alleged feud: http://t.co/9wqZwLoKeY #GLgossip

4 HOURS AGO Who knew, right? But *so* good! RT @katie_k1265: @girlslifemag your magazine is amazing thanks for the bananas and ketchup recipe

COMMENTS

Battle bullying: Participate in No Name-Calling Week

Drop the sticks and stones. It’s time to leave hurtful habits at the door. Will you join in?

Last year, my school had a PPP (Positive Peer Pressure) group at school. We kept talking about No Name Calling Week, but the group fizzled before we could actually do anything about it. And it didn't come back this year since the teacher is on a Medical Leave

by skyreader on 3/18/2011 5:46:44 PM

Hey, girlies! Do you need advice on:
- boys
- puberty
- school
- stress
- drama
- room decoration
- oraganizing
and anything else you can think of! I LOVE to give advice so just tell me what you need advice on! No question is weird (promise!)
I'm on GL very often so check my profile I will post an answer ASAP

by samiyah5 on 2/25/2011 8:05:42 AM

I have read the last two, they are good.Smile

by Kalikat on 1/25/2011 12:43:50 AM

how can i help? Mod i don't know what to do. i hate to kids be bullied so, tell me what to do and i'll do it!!! Please answer MOD!!!!

Hey chica!  That's soo great you want to help!  You should check out the No Name Calling Week website (above), and spread the word to your friends.  You can also do your part by being a great role model.  Be a kind friend, and stand up for others you see being bullied.  xoxo

Marie H.

by koolkatmn on 1/24/2011 10:52:18 PM

Great idea, but NO NAME CALLING WEEK should really be every week!

by pointeprincess on 1/24/2011 10:00:38 PM

the outsiders is the BEST book ever Smile)) <3

by sodapoprocker on 1/24/2011 9:03:10 PM

I'll participate!!!!Bullying is a big issue at our schoool Frown

by rainbowsparkle98 on 1/24/2011 8:20:14 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! (and any other girl willing to answer): im moving into a new house and im trying to decide what type of bedframe to buy. it has to be pretty cheap (no higher than $500.000) im really liking this four post bed frame...

Hey girl,

Sorry - we can't actually post links to outside websites on GL, since we can't control the content on them. But I checked out the bedframes you posted... I really like the "Birkeland" bed frame. It looks sturdy and like it could go with lots of different room decors. They're all pretty though, choose the one you like! Smile And you should go in person if you have an IKEA around, just to play safe Smile

Lauren C.

by leelayla on 1/24/2011 8:19:29 PM

Today, Rachel's Challange came to my school and talked about, anti-bullying. Rachel was the first to die at Columbine High School. She had all sorts of preminitions, like the fact she knew she was going to die young and that her hand was going to touch millions of lifes. Check out her website. www.rachelschallenge.org

by violins rule on 1/24/2011 8:14:40 PM

I think it's a wonderful idea!
It spreads awareness of such a controversial issue in our society, that used to be left alone.

by biskii on 1/24/2011 7:42:37 PM

I totally support this! Plus, the Outsiders and Speak are like my favorite books Smile

by linnybug12 on 1/24/2011 7:38:04 PM

GLSEN!! As in Kevin Jennings the school saftey czar?!? Huh, I don't think so!

by breezee211 on 1/24/2011 6:59:36 PM

yay! somebody at my acting class said evryday should b anti- bullying week, i totally agree.

by janerbuy on 1/24/2011 6:59:27 PM

I remember the, "Outsiders" novel from I was a little kid. I read that novel in grade six - now I'm in grade 11... wow I feel old. XD

by aqua girl on 1/24/2011 6:46:54 PM

Yes bullying is a big issue and its important to stop it!
I went through it during elementary school and it feels horrible! i hope no one here is going through it right now!

by hypershrimp on 1/24/2011 6:32:43 PM

HEY GIRLS
If you need advice on anything check out my profile and leave a comment i will get back to you!! I always try to see the problem from your view and i would love to help!
i can help with
-guys
-sports
-Music
-writing
-school
-friends
-people who are bringing you down
THANKS- i will write the answer on your profile
if i cant acces it i will write it on mine !

by hypershrimp on 1/24/2011 6:30:56 PM

The Outsiders is a very good book. [:

by krissy10 on 1/24/2011 5:44:41 PM

I didn't really like Speak but The Outsiders was just....wow! really gooood

by demilovato on 1/24/2011 4:22:21 PM

The Outsiders changed my life...
to put it lightly

everyone should read it.

by whitecoconut on 1/24/2011 3:53:21 PM

my whole district is doing a unit on anti-bullying! tomorrow we're having a meeting on it

by elizabethmariexo on 1/24/2011 3:29:58 PM

Hey girls! need advice? visit my profile! guaranteed answer within 24 hours. ill answer any question! <3, Shelby

by sstods on 1/24/2011 3:27:40 PM

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 1/24/2011 1:53:50 PM

I don't know if my school is involved, But i am!!! =) Well my school is going to the march for life, does that count?

by peacelovepuppies on 1/24/2011 1:10:09 PM

my best friend and I have been under fire for a few months. it's gotten so bad that two girls have been suspended for their actions against us, and I don't think it's going to get any better. about ten girls have been cybernullying us, harassing us at school, and spreading rumors for a long time. it really hurts because one of the girls used to be my best friend a couple years ago.

by strawberrysmiles on 1/24/2011 12:28:44 PM

I've read Speak and The Outsiders and they are really goodSmile Speak really touches your heart though.

by ssd123 on 1/24/2011 12:20:49 PM