3 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

6 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

7 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

100 cute things to say (and do) around guys

Don't know how to break the ice? We've got ya covered!

I sit next to this guy in 3 classes. We kissed over the summer, but it never turned into anything. The other day, though, we were playing this game that we always play which is basically steal-each-other's-stuff-till-the-teacher-gets-mad. I took his watch, he ask for it back, and I said "What's the magic word?" trying to be funny and looking for an answer like Harry Potter or something. He tried please, I said no, and then he goes"I love you?" Stunned by these particular "magic words" I gave the watch back and stuttered that it wasn't what I was looking for but that it would work. He told me later he didn't mean anything by it, and was blushing furiuosly. Should I take it seriously or just forget about it?

Hey girl,

It would probably be way easier to laugh it off! You could take it super seriously or pretend it didn't mean anything, but the best thing to do is something in between. This "game" you play is kinda flirty, so the "I love you" was probably also just a flirty thing to say. We can't know exactly what he meant by it, so don't let it freak you out and try not to assume he meant something really serious. (If he did mean it, you'll know because he'll keep flirting, talking to you, getting to know you, etc.) Treat him like you normally would the next time you see him - play the game, flirt, laugh, stay calm, and don't be awkward. That's the best way to act after he dropped the L bomb Smile
Lauren C.

by chitownaussie on 4/28/2012 9:50:54 PM

MOD i am kind of cross eyed well only one of them is. and there is this boy lets call him tony and he gives me mixed signals. like one day he's always like flirting and playing with me and looking at me up and down. then another day he's like all quiet and not talking to me. we only have 3rd period together so what it mean and does like me or not

hey! It's hard to tell without asking him but just smile and be friendly toward him and see what happens ;

Helen S.

by tsmacklin on 4/20/2012 8:22:56 PM

Im in 6th grade and i really like this guy. He lives behind me but we are both to shy to go close to each other or even talk! We have liked each other since last year but im not sure if i should ask him out, or if i should wait for him to ask me out! I want to text him and talk you him more but he doesnt have a phone! I really like this gjy and i even dream about him every night! Pleasee help!!!

by Polkazebra99 on 4/18/2012 8:03:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD I like this guy, and he barely knows who i am. We used to talk a little on Facebook, but then one of my friends told other people i like him, and they asked him if he thought i was hot, he said yes, but then he unfriended me and we havent talked since. He recently asked out one of my friends, but she said no, but he still likes her. How can i get him to fall in love with me, like i fell in love with him?

Uh-oh, babe, it doesn't sound to good.  The way he unfriended you is actually really rude, and I don't think he handled the situation well at all.  It sounds like he may not be interested, especially not if he's still crushing on this other girl.

You can't force feelings, but you can try to move on or befriend him and see if you can get close.
Jordan S.

by Pinkfoo on 4/14/2012 1:48:27 PM

So i like twin boys that are 2 years older than me. And I swear that at least one of them likes me back. One of them winked at me on Valentine's day and the other one said hi to me once and he smiles at me all of the time. I really don't know what to do! It's almost the end of the school year and next year they won't be going to the same school. HELP!!!!!!!

Hey girl! The thing with twins is that you have to pick just one. And sometimes that can be the hardest part. Chat it up with one of them and see how it goes, but make sure that you end up picking the right one, especially if they are identical.
Ana D.

by SarJJ on 4/13/2012 11:34:59 AM

So I'm in seventh grade and I've liked this guy in eighth grade all year. A friend of mine gave me his number ( they do swim together ) and I finally texted him on Friday night ( my friends threatened to do it while I was sleeping if I didn't ) and we had like a twenty minute conversation through texting. Its Spring Break right now, and we go back on Tuesday. What should i say to him, if anything? I realllllllyyyyyy like him!

Hey girl,

That's awesome! You took that first scary step and texted for the first time - so pat yourself on the back for making the first move Smile On Tuesday, try giving him a smile and saying a casual "Hey" when you see him in the hallway. If you're in the lunch line together or see him walking after school, make some small talk and keep it laid-back. The important thing is to act normal and not awkward, so he feels comfy around you and looks forward to talking to you - in person or through text. Over time, you can text him again and start talking about deeper things (likes, dislikes, hobbies, family, friends). You'll get to know him even better so your convos in person will get better too!
Lauren C.

by Apple <3 on 4/8/2012 6:11:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I dont really like any of the guys at my school...most of them are jerks, and the ones Im friend with I dont like. What are some places to meet cool guys my age (8th grade) outside of school?

Hey girlie,

Try joining a town sport or theater, getting a part time job, meeting some of your friends' friends that go to other schools, joining a church youth group, hanging out at a town pool/park/mall, going to the movies, etc. It's all about being out-going and speaking up - introduce yourselves if the moment seems right and see how it goes!
Lauren C.

by summergirl21 on 4/5/2012 4:54:15 PM

amazing it worked

by Mimi11 on 3/24/2012 9:18:28 PM

Hey taytay1212, it could be two things. Maybe he's not sure you like him. Have you made it clear you're interested? Or he could be waiting for you to make the first move. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am positively, absolutely sure that this guy likes me... I know this because he has told me. We text and talk all the time, but he wont ask me out. Whats going on????? Lynae P.

by taytay1212 on 3/24/2012 2:32:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really really reallly really want a phone, but my mom say i cant get one till i need one. How can i convince her?

Hey girl,

Unless you really need one, your mom might have a point. Do you have a reason you need one, like you have to spend time alone after school and feel unsafe, or need to call her to pick you up sometimes? Try coming up with a reason you might actually need one and you'll be more likely to convince her!

Meghan D.