AN HOUR AGO When wanting a style change, do you know what actually needs to be changed?: #DailyQuiz http://t.co/DvoJ26FLFF

16 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

17 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

COMMENTS

4 secrets to avoid makeout mishaps

Kissing is like dancing: you have to let the boy lead. But here are a few tips that’ll take your kissing to the next level...

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I love my BGF as a brother and this summer I thought I was falling for him as more than a friend, but now that school has started, the sparks aren't there. I have a crush on him when we text and hangout alone, but once we hit the halls at school, it's just not there. I think he likes me back, but I don't want to wind up not liking him and hurting our friendship. What should I do????

Hey babe,

If you're still lukewarm and unsure about your feelings, keep it totally on the friendship level for now. You're right - you don't wanna hurt your friendship over something you might think is a crush, but aren't totally sure about! Wait until those feelings grow stronger (if they ever do) to make a move <3

Lauren C.

by lbradshaw35 on 9/8/2011 9:56:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so yesterday my bgf became my bf and all I can think about is kissing him. How do I know when it's the right time to kiss? And how do I bring it up in a casual, nonchalant way? I don't want to be all, "Hey. Let's kiss!" I want him to get the hint without me really having to say anything about it.

by armychic97 on 9/3/2011 4:52:06 PM

MOD
Okay, so I have this really awesome BGF and I want to take things to the next level, but I'm afraid of what people will think about me, especially my dad. Here's why, a few months ago, I kept telling everyone that I didn't believe in middle school relationships because they never worked out, but now that I could possibly have a sweetheart, I changed my mind. What could I tell them and what should I do?

Tell them that your opinion has changed since you've fallen for someone Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by lbradshaw35 on 9/3/2011 10:41:05 AM

MOD
So, you guys always do articles on how to snag your crush when you've never talked. But, what about us girls that have a BGF crush?
So here's my problem, I really like my BGF, his name is Morgan, and he is coming over to my house to hang out on Labor Day. We've hung out before, but this time, I'm going to try and, sneakily, tell him I like him. Any tips? Also, he's 6'2" and only 13, and I'm 5'5" and 12, but because of the height difference, how would we kiss if we were to become...closer?

And have him lean down Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by lbradshaw35 on 9/3/2011 10:36:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
How do you drop hints that you want a boy to kiss you? I am kinda dating this boy and I want to kiss him. We already hug and hold hands and that stuff, so I think we're ready for this. I'm pretty sure he wants to kiss me too, but I want him to do it first, so how do I get him to go for it? Anything I can do to make it happen or drop hints really? Thanks!! (:

You guys will probably get opportunities where things are calm and you have a  silence. Thats when a good opportunity will be. Also you could talk to him about it and tell him youre ready. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by happyness101 on 9/2/2011 6:59:46 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Okay, so I have this really awesome BGF, and I really like him. But, I think he like me back, but I'm not sure. He is always playfully holding my hand and getting close to my face. He also is 6'2" and huge, so he also picks me up a lot. He believes that I don't like like him, but I do. He thinks that because I've told him I do because I got nervous. What's a cute and fun way to tell him I like him? Also, if he doesn't like me back, will our relationship be awkward? HELP?!

Hey babe! It sounds like your friend likes you! I think it would be cute and fun to ask him to your back to school or homecoming dance. Why don't you bake cupcakes that spell out "Dance with me?" If he doesn't like you back and he really wants to be your friend, then your relationship probably won't be awkward. If he gets weirded out and doesn't talk to you anymore, then this dude isn't the kind of friend you want anyway. Good luck girlie!

<3, Devin
Devin A.

by lbradshaw35 on 8/30/2011 9:25:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD!! my bf and I have been dating for about 5 months now and we still haven't gotten further than just kissing. I know this may sound like I'm taking things too fast but I want to kiss him a little more seriously but how do i get him to cooperate? I can't just ask him, what should i do to hint to him that i want to take things further?

Hey girlie,

If you want to kiss "more seriously" (like French kissing or whatever), you kinda have to go for it! Use your tongue to hint to him that you want to - lightly lick his lip in one spot as you're going in for your normal kiss. I know it sounds silly but you're not giving his face a dog lick - just a light little touch. Do this every so often and he'll get the hint Smile
Lauren C.

by tay12zdot on 8/26/2011 6:49:59 PM

MOD? MOD? MOD? this isnt rlly about the article...i dont want to sound mean or anything because i absolutely LOVE GL...but why is there nothing about lesbians? we are girls too?? sorry if this sounds mean but im just a little confused. thank you! Smile

Hey girlie! I'll pass your comment along to the other editors. While we do feature some lesbian-specific stories (usually focusing on identity), we tend to focus on the guys aspect of dating, as you've noticed. A lot of the things we write about, though--date ideas, asking someone out, dealing with crushes and breakups--are applicable to everyone, though.

Brittany T.

by lovefromadistance on 8/25/2011 2:28:18 AM

Hmm. This stuff is actually sorta gross. Think about it: shoving your tongue into some guys mouth? Okay, so I'll have my dog lick my mouth first cuz then we'll be able to have a THREE way saliva exchange! I mean, really. OK, maybe I'm just bitter cuz I don't have a BF . . . LOL!! Smile

by happydays!:-) on 8/24/2011 10:40:32 AM

Hi I really need help I'm 13 and me and my bf hav kissed be4
And madeout be4 and last time we were kissin and we were in my room watching tv
He kissed me when we were on my couch and then he tackled me
And was starting 2 pull up my shirt I was like wat r u doin he said I just really wanna
Touch ur boobs and he took his shirt off I said I don't want u 2 and then he started...I'm confused was this sex?

Hey babe. It doesn't sound like it, so no, it wasn't sex. But the next time he pushes you to do something you're uncomfortable with, tell him "No" and push him away. If he doesn't listen, get up and walk away. Guys should respect you--and you them--no matter what. If you're not comfortable with him touching you or kissing you, then he shouldn't be doing that, end of story.

Brittany T.