1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snag @JFClothing's tight new tee: http://t.co/VrmynrJwjF

2 HOURS AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

14 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

COMMENTS

4 secrets to avoid makeout mishaps

Kissing is like dancing: you have to let the boy lead. But here are a few tips that’ll take your kissing to the next level...

MOD
I just recently got a boyfriend and he told me he loves me and I love him too. I was just at his birthday party and hanging out with my best guy friend who was there also. My best guy friend told me that he used to like me for only a small time before I started going out with my BF. I haven't told anyone that he said that but I haven't forgotten about it. Although I can understand that he wants to tell me and let it go. He told me he doesn't like me anymore though. Should I just forget about it and move on?

Hey babe! This is a tough situation. You need to ask yourself if it would make any difference to you if your BGF still likes you or if he was telling the truth. If If it wouldn't change anything, you still only want to be friends with him, then it's probably just better to forget about it. If, however, you are interested in him and now see him differently because he has said this, and see your current relationship differently, you need to talk to him. You need to ask why he said that and if he really doesn't like you anymore.  I hope this helps you figure everything out! Good luck girlie!
Jess W.

by peaceluvsmile on 6/14/2011 10:11:33 AM

MOD Ruth S
It's also his first kiss, so I know he's nervous too. He's also a REALLY shy guy, it took him a whole year to hold my hand. I want to make it easier for him to kiss me when the time IS right... But I want him to actually initiate it. I hate being the first to make a move, it bugs me because I tend to be very traditional when it comes to guys. But I know he's very shy and sweet, and REALLY worried about doing something wrong (I'm his first gf). I also don't wanna drop any huge hints cause I want him to.. well want to kiss me, not feel pressured. Any ideas for hinting without pressuring?

hey girlie,

i'm sure it's a little tough when the guy is shy, so maybe something that will help is to help him feel comfortable around you.  He may feel insecure, so just remind him as often as you can how you feel about him.  Remind him of his strengths, and just let him know what you like about him.  It'll help boost his confidence, which may be the thing that's holding him back from making moves.  I'm glad you don't want to be pushy or pressure him--so just be patient, and wait till he's ready too (because I'm sure he wants it to be special too).  There's no rush--the more comfortable you guys are with each other, the easier things will get Smile
Ruth S.

by jaybird94 on 6/11/2011 2:34:32 PM

MOD So I was talking to my bf the other day and he said something that kinda freaked me out. We're really close and talk about most everything. Well a month or two ago I had a movie night with a bunch of my friends including him. The girls wanted to watch a chick flick and I caved. To make up for it I played Monopoly with my bf to "save him" from the chick flick. While we were playing I teased him about someday having a chick flick marathon, but that I would wait torture him until he got the privilege of make-out, since chick flicks are excellent make-out movies. I was mostly messing with him and he can tell(I always get this grin on my face when I tease him). Well when I was talking to him the other day he asked me what kind of kissing I meant, it kinda scared me. What do I do? What kinds of kissing are there? I mean how hard can it be? Does this hint that he WANTS to kiss me? What if he does try? I'm not sure I want him to kiss me I like him but I've never kissed a guy before. HELP!

hey girlie,

just wanted to let you know that when you joke around like that, it will definitely put thoughts on the boy's mind! so don't tease him about things you may not be ready for...and please, don't feel pressure to do anything you are not ready for.  Something like your first kiss only happens once, and of course you want it to be special.  I am sure that if he is your bf, he does want to kiss you because he likes you!  I think you should be honest with him...just tell him that you've never kissed someone, but you surely want it to be special.  Don't worry, when the time comes, you will know what to do.

Here's an article I hope you will find helpful! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/18/Never-Been-Kissed.aspx?cp=all
Ruth S.

by jaybird94 on 6/11/2011 3:44:15 AM

So this guy i know, that I like and that goes to my school and he is a year older than me, added me on facebook. We started talking two days ago. He gave me his cell phone number and started texting me. When my sister had a sleepover, her and her friends took my laptop and went into a locked room. I was logged on to facebook and they started telling him that I liked him and that I talk about him alot. I texted him and told him that it wasn't me who was saying all that stuff but he hasnt respond! I don't know what to do? I really like him! So, what's going to happen now? Should I just wait for him to respond or should I try to talk to him again? HELP! please!!

hey girlie,

don't flood his inbox with text messages--you'll just have to wait on this one.  Be patient, and if he doesn't respond, just try talking to him face-to-face at school!  I don't see why he wouldn't talk to you anymore--since he was the one that gave you his number and wanted to talk to you in the first place.  If he's a good guy, he'll move past this and you guys can continue getting to know each other (and laugh about this one day)!
Ruth S.

by kwabbey on 6/11/2011 2:43:22 AM

ok well i just got my first boyfriend. hes had other girlfriends before me and even though he never really talks about them and i never knew them i feel like i can never measure up to them. i feel like maybe im a bad girlfriend. do you have any tips for me like on relationships or dating or anything?? thanks!

Hey babe,

Here's the most important advice I can give, all the more because you brought it up: remember that everyone has a past. Your BF has had girlfriends before, but you'll have a healthier, happier relationship if you don't think about them! They're there and they'll always be part of his past, but you are with him NOW. That means he sees something in you he really likes Smile So instead of trying to compete with how great they were, try to be the best GF you can be now! Be easy-going, affectionate, not too clingy but not too distant, and above all BE YOURSELF. Like I said, your BF likes something about you because he decided to date you. Now, ya gotta relax and let things go the way they're meant to go <3
Lauren C.

by chica12131 on 6/6/2011 11:33:00 PM

MODMODMOD Okay so at this party yesterday I had my first kiss...but then my mom always asks "You haven't kissed anyone yet right?" and I lie and say I haven't because she says "You better not say you have cause I dont want to hear you've kissed anyone." So I understand maybe she thinks I'm young based on when she had her first kiss, but it just happened...I couldn't help it! What should I do? Thanks

Hey girly,
Just don't mention it for now. Eventually, the right time will come when you can tell your mom about your first kiss.

Catie C.

by spazyjazy99 on 6/6/2011 3:44:16 PM

You girls do know that if your nibbling or using tounge its probably not the first time you're kissing him. I've been with my boyfriend for a year (it was a year yesterday<33) and we do that... it's not gross or weird. Its a part of playfull kissing.

by 13.seconds.to.LOVE on 6/5/2011 8:20:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
HOE CAN I GET A GUY TO KISS ME??? SORRY IF THIS IS WERID

Not weird at all Smile But you've heard the saying - ya gotta crawl before you can walk. That means you usually gotta flirt with guys and develop more comfortable relationships with them before you kiss them! So are you crushin' on someone in particular? If so, keep chatting with him, getting to know him better, and letting him to get to know you. Flirt with him - tease him, touch him in a non-awkward way, compliment him, make him laugh. See how he responds. We get those kisses we love when the guy crushes on us back. It doesn't always happen, but it's so fun when it does Smile
Lauren C.

by greekprincess98 on 6/2/2011 8:28:51 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by TehyaJas on 6/1/2011 4:19:18 PM