5 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

8 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

8 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

New school not so hot

I don't have many friends, my grades are falling and I don't know what to do.

modmodmodmod
Hey mod, me and this girl have been best friends since second grade (now we're in 8th)... We really never fought much but I feel like recently, everything she does annoys me. I'll say something and no matter what it is, I'm always wrong. She also tries to be "popular" and hang out with those girls and ignore me. She only talks to me when they're not around, like im not good enough for her. I also know from other people that she talks about me behind my back ALOT...what am i supposed to do? just ignore it?

Hey girlie -- you need to confront her about it and take things from there.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by gleek97 on 5/27/2011 9:18:43 PM

MODMODMOD I moved to a whole new state about 4 years ago. At my old school in my home state, I was popular and well-liked and the guy of my dreams liked me. Now that I moved here I have become shy and very unpopular. It's not that people don't LIKE me, it's just I think they don't want to be around me or something. I do have some friends, but sometimes I feel invisible. No guy here has ever liked me, or at least not one I have liked moderately back. I'm not exactly the prettiest girl ever, but not the ugliest. I really have tried talking and being more outgoing, but people just think I'm weird then. I also have school-work and tons of extra-curriculars to worry about. What can I do?? Thanks Smile

Hey chica!  I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel like you have a place to fit the same way you did at your other school.  I guess it would be helpful, maybe, to think about how things were different at your other school.  I know it may be a long time ago, but how did you make the friends you had at your other school?  Did you meet people in your extracurricluars, or invite people to hang on the weekends?  It might be easiest to think about approaching one or two people that seem nice - you could ask someone in your class to study with you, or invie a friend from one of your extracurriculars to go shopping on the weekend.  I hope that helps!  xoxo

Marie H.

by icedragon1997 on 5/16/2011 6:04:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD. Whenever I know that I have to study, I always get lazy and only study for like 10 minutes. I want studying to be fun! I can remember lyrics to a song and I can remember details from a movie because they catch my attention. Studying just seems boring. Any advice on how I can study without getting bored of it?

Hey girlie -- set up a nice atmosphere, free of distractions. That way studying becomes your sould focus point Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by freshh123 on 4/30/2011 12:19:50 PM

girl i no how you feel i just moved from vegas to arizona and every day i been gettting bullied by people my teacher dont like me all the kids dont like me ok im in 7 grade and im really tall im 5'8 its cuz my parent are tall they make fum of my height everything but all i halft to tell u is keep your head up dont worry bout them just get your grades up and if those coaches dont want you playing at your school play sports at nys or ymca thers always a way Lauren C.

by Rainbowm on 4/11/2011 11:53:06 PM

I'm being bullied at school, my teacher wont answer my questions, my mom is my principal and embarasses me every second, and I've got a boy who likes me and i don't have the heart to turn him down... again. The biggest issues are the first ones. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL ANYMORE... i'm in eighth grade and only have four months left, but my parents don't help me with the issue of the teacher and my mom there. plus, she always hammers me. For example, today she was doing a project with us and only got mad at me because my group hadn't done a step right. Little did she know, we hadn't gotten there yet. she is always mad at me and argues with me and i cant take it anymore. How do i get out of school? im on the verge of a nervous break down and feel like im going to pass out everyday. It makes me sick and want to barf. HELPP!!! PLEASSEEEEEE!!! thx in advance

Bonjour chicky! As you said before, you only have 4 months left and it would be a terrible waste to go through 3 years of that school just to drop out or transfer 4 months before you leave for high school. The situation you have on your hands is a frustrating one and it's times like these you just need someone to talk to. It seems like the 'rents are out on this one, but there is one individual who will always listen: a journal. When I felt ignored or frustrated by my parents (or just life in general) I would write my worries within my journal and feel so much better that I was able to get it all out on paper. All it takes is a blank notebook and it doesn't have to be writing. It could be drawing, collage, or whatever you wish to help get your emotions on a page rather than stir within you. Hope this helps!!

Jessica W.

by robin13133 on 3/28/2011 8:17:00 PM

Mod mod mod!
ok so basically i hate school, it is just so boring ad lame. How can i make myself like it. I really don't like it!

Hey girlie. School can be difficult and not your favorite thing to do- but you gotta get through it so you can move on to do the things you like to do. Try joining some clubs or sports after school- if that's what you're into. Also, take classes that you think you might be interested in. Don't worry- when you get a little older you will be able to pick more classes that you like- especially in college. For now, use the time to experiment with different things to see what you like to do.
Marly Z.

by saudiarabia321 on 3/25/2011 2:22:51 AM

I have to start at a new school cuz my current school doesn't feel they can keep me safe, (I'm suicidal and have attempted at school), but it's really small and there are 15 kids in each class and there's only 2 classrooms. I have to get accepted too. I'm so nervous. If I do get in, I'm nervous too because I have scars/cuts all over my arms and I'm hoping no one will noise bu if they do and ask, what should I say?????? Help!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Don't worry about what others will think--focus on treating yourself first.  Sometimes life can be difficult, but you are young and trust me, there is SO much ahead of you.  Life is a journey to explore--figure out what makes it enjoyable for you.  If you have struggles, try talking to a counselor or an advisor--There are tons of people who have gone through the same things that you have--and have found ways to bounce back!

You can find some people to talk to by dialing some of these numbers; Please don't be afraid to give it a try:

Always remember that you are not alone and there is HOPE.  Glad you stopped by to talk to us Smile Be strong and hang in there!

Ruth S.

by violinplayer465 on 3/20/2011 12:01:26 AM

MOD
Lately Ive been thinking what I want to be when I'm grown.
(I'm 13 now)
I would really like an exciting career. My first choice would be a biologist, however, I HATE math, and I'm not good at it either. Any advice? Any study tips?
THANK YOU!! <3 Smile

Hey girlie. Biology isn't just about math. But if you're having difficulty with that aspect, try to get some tutoring. You could also talk to your teacher to see if he/she has any recommendations. Besides that, study hard. Your dreams will come true if you want them bad enough and work hard for them.
Marly Z.

by CurlyGurl on 3/16/2011 8:41:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so I don't know what to do I want to go to the nearer school Blanton,but the thing is my friend breanna is moving to Arizona I mean. I have her email but I've lost so many friends .the reason why I want to go because a bot davion won't stop following me, flirting with me and a mean teacher and if do I won't see her again . It's not funny how many friends I've list please help I don't know what to do Frown

by Texastween on 2/24/2011 7:24:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Everyday, my mom wakes me up for school. But ever since last year, I've been a like a zombie every morning. My mom literally has to push me off the bed and pour cold water over my head just to wake me up. She's getting frustrated with me, and I don't know what to do. Do you have any advice for sleepiness in the mornings?

Hey girlie. Don't snooze! Once you are woken up, force yourself out of bed and put on some up-beat music and turn on all of your lights. This usually helps me! Also, try to get to bed at an earlier hour--you may not be getting enough sleep.

Elizabeth P.