Bridget M.

is modding

7 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

10 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

11 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

Modmodmodmodmodmodmod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've have had all these symptoms (and discharge) for a while now, but I'm 4'9 and 80lbs. Does this mean I won't get my period till I'm at least 5ft and 100lbs? Or is it coming? And can u plz try to give me an estimated time? My mom got hers when she was 15 but I'm 12. I feel so left out cuz all my friends have their periods, except me. Plz help! Frown

Hey girlie,

We promise your period is on the way! Having a lean body can cause delay but every girl gets it at different times and you're still young so there is no need to worry! Most girls start having periods around the same age their moms started theirs but since you already have symptoms, I think it'll come sooner than that!

alicia m. alicia m.

by sweetpea185 on 3/1/2012 1:21:26 AM

i was super crabby all day now i am giggling like a maniac lol

by wekwekwek52700 on 1/28/2012 1:11:08 AM

Mod mod mod
I have 2 Bffs let's call them Rachel and Stephanie. Rachel and I have had our periods 4 a while but Stephanie just got hers yesterday and now Rachel and some of my other friends that she told r treating her different . And I dont know how 2 act, so I need some help.

Hey girl,

Why are they treating her different? All because she got her period? That doesn't make much sense! Personally, I'd go on being friendly and treating her the same. If she didn't do anything to you, there's no reason to hurt her!
Lauren C.

by Purple[123] on 1/12/2012 7:24:16 PM

MOD
is your legs aching a symptom of your period? but today and yesterday,my legs have ached and there was once where i could kinda feel the discharge coming out i think.could it be my period?!??!?!?!?!thanks in advance!
P.S.
also last night i had a bad stomach ache but i think its cause i had eaton almost a whole pizza( i was really hungry)and then span around for a while

Hey girl,

Leg cramps aren't typically a sign of your period, and if you're not bleeding, you don't have it yet! Eating too much will give you a stomach ache, so watch what you eat next time and your period will come when you're ready!

Meghan D.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 1/7/2012 12:11:15 PM

MOD, I need help!!!
What do I do if I get my period at school? I don't use my locker, and I have a male teacher for 2 classes! And how would I change in the locker room for gym when I'm using a pad (they have the little things that fold under)?
Thanks!

Hey girly! Have your period during school is no fun. Rather than go back to your locker carry around a small purse that hold everything you will need. It will also come in handy to carry your pencils and notebooks. As for gym class, changing can be awkward but just grab your shorts and head to the bathroom to change in a stall. No one will notice if you go quietly and if they say something just let them know the situation, I am sure they will understand.
Ana D.

by gussie398 on 11/15/2011 12:54:29 PM

i just added this comment yesterday and u said it was my period but i got it once on wednesday and once yesterday and not since is it my period?
Question:
i think i just got my period it's a light brown and its a patch about four inches long and 1 inch wide and its dark enough to show through my white underwear is it my period??? also i think last night it was the first time, but that was a light brown more in the back of my underwear in loooots of spots clumped together... is it my period????

Hey babe,

I remember your question Smile Our periods are known for being irregular and kinda mysterious sometimes, especially when they first start! So this still sounds like your period - it just sounds like you might not get a full on, heavy, red period until next month (or even the month after). But still, like I said yesterday, be prepared with pads wherever you go so it doesn't catch you off guard. It's possible for it to come on full-force now, since it started a lil bit this week!
Lauren C.

by rosemaryluver on 9/30/2011 9:22:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

Sounds like your period! Periods usually start off lighter/browner and then get heavier and redder as the days pass, then back to lighter and browner/pinker before they stop for the month. Start using those pads and pantyliners babe!
Lauren C.

by rosemaryluver on 9/29/2011 7:10:21 PM

Mod,mod,mod,mod!!!!!!!!!I just got my period a few months ago and it's been pretty irregular.I start at the worst places.I've tried being prepared with pantiliners but that doesn't help the total embarrassment.please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! If you are having trouble knowing when you are going to get your period try keeping a calendar and mark the days that you get your period. This should help you figure out the pattern to your cycle. If things don't seem to get better, you can use the calendar and go to the doctor to show them whats up. Also, check out the YOUR BOD section of our site for some more help http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx
Ana D.

by vese411 on 9/15/2011 6:47:12 AM

I am 13 and haven't started my period. I sleep with my parents when I can't fall asleep. Do you think that will stop when I start my period? I hope so!

by Maddie3330 on 9/6/2011 10:15:25 PM

I get white stuff in my panties but that's all nothing has happened I also have had tiny red spots in my undies. I have got that twice is this telling me my period is coming? Is the white stuff discharge ?

Hey girl.

It sounds to me like you could definitely be ready to get your period. The white stuff is most likely discharge. But then again, I'm no expert. Maybe you want to check with your doctor to confirm!
Katelyn L.