Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

4 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

5 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I haven't gotten my period yet and I'm terrified. I love swimming and all of that stuff, but i dont want to wear a tampon. Do they hurt? i really want to know so when i get it i can still go swimming.

Hey! tampons are great. I't tough to learn how to insert them at first but once you get the hang of it they make life so much easier. i recommend learning as soon as you can. good luck!
Helen S.

by simplymyself on 8/5/2011 6:22:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! im soooooo nervous!!! I havnt started my period yet and schools going to start in a few weeksand im worried its going to start when im at school!!! i would be super embarrassed if it started at cheer practice or while im cheering at a game please help!!!! LB

Hey girl. There should be signs before your period like more discharge or cramps, but if there isn't wear a pantyliner and keep a pad or tampon in your bag.

mary h.

by Balletgirl1198 on 8/3/2011 1:45:44 AM

i literally just started my period...i'm to shy to ask my mom what to do, i told her but all i know is to use a pad. What is it leaks, it's the summer so i dont have to worry about the embarissment. I just need to know how long it'll last. Was that it? Was that all i'm gunna get for the first time?PLEASE HELP I'M FREAKING OUT AND I'M SCARED

by mariha on 7/23/2011 6:45:20 PM

MOD okay so when i get my period, i get reeaaallllyyy bad cramps and an upset stomach. so bad that i had to be taken out of school several times. i take advil and tylenol but somtimes thats not enough, advice? thanks!

Hey girlie,

You could try Tylenol Extra Strength or a specialized "period formula" like Pamprin or Midol. Still, some girls experience bad cramps that won't respond to over-the-counter medications (or medicines that are available without a prescription). If these pills, heating pads/hot water bottles, and rest doesn't do the trick for you, try asking your doc for help. There are more serious pain medications that can be prescribed by a doctor and can really help girls in this situation!
Lauren C.

by crazycuttie9 on 7/11/2011 9:11:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I am **  and I think i got my period ONCE about a year ago. I've had a lot of the symptoms for a few years. Discharge, sleeping problems, etc. Also, I've been really stressed for a while. Is there something wrong? Also, I live with my dad, so its hard to talk to him and I don't like doctors... Any advice?

Hey babe! You should really talk to your doctor about this, don't be afraid. They have listened to much more serious problems. I'm sure everything is fine, but it's nice to get it all checked out. You may just be a late bloomer, which is totally fine. xoxo
Jess W.

by emmabean97 on 7/1/2011 10:06:45 AM

hi, i have a question , i havent started my period yet but i was just wandering if swimming can delay your period?

Hey, I know this didn't say mod, but I thought I would answer anyway. But if you do want the MODs's attention, say MOD first. It is kind of accepted that water can slow down your period, when you're on it. But nothing will really delay your period. xoxo
Jess W.

by sooprmad on 6/30/2011 10:07:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD Okay, so I haven't gotten my period yet. My mom says that I should be getting it very soon, though. I read through these, and every single one applies to me! I'm so scared! Anything to help me get ready? :s

Hey babe. Your first period can be scary, but being prepared can help. If you feel like you will be getting it starting wearing pantyliners and if you see a spot of blood switch to pads. These articles should help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/Everything-youve-gotta-know-about-your-period.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/10/first-period-protection.aspx

mary h.

by iReader45 on 6/22/2011 1:15:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
im just wondering..can you feel your period when its happening???
Thanks!

Hey girl, nope, not really. You may feel PMS symptoms -- cramps, headache, etc -- but the period? Not so much.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/16/2011 6:19:13 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi, my mom got her period 4 days before her 12th birthday does that mean i will too? And how will i avoid leaking if i get it at school?

Alyssa B.

by MaxRide15 on 6/16/2011 5:09:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod how do i tell my mom that i want 2 use 2 tampon brands for different days of my period

Hey babe. First off, why do you want to use two different brands? Are they for different flows? You should explain your reasoning to your mom. It probably won't be that big of a deal.

Mary H.