14 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

15 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

16 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

ok so im sorta embarrassed to ask u but, i have all the signs for my period, and my mom got hers a couple months before her 12 birthday, and i have 2 months till my 12 birthday. i have to go to camp in 1 month, what if i start their, or i dont have supplies? please answer cuz im nervous, and excited for it. but i dont want to like not have supplies. Thanks.

Hey girl,

Pack pads and tampons with you just in case. Also, you can look at all the articles in our Periods, Period section:http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx. They'll help you know what to expect!
Kelly H.

by volley_ball2341 on 6/9/2011 9:46:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't get my period for a year and half!!! I'm just starting and I'm freaked and when I did get it only a teeny bit of blood came out..... Can you please help?!

by qtpie42 on 6/8/2011 8:51:47 PM

Mod- I can't see the bottom of this, do you think you could work on fixing this?? Thanks.

by emma23416 on 6/8/2011 2:32:32 PM

mod well the idea of an irregular period kind of freaks me out. because you never know when your going to get it again. ive had mine once and its been 28 days since then. i want it to be regular, but i dont think i want my doc to prescribe birth control to make it regualar. for one i would never be able to tell my parents that anyways and for two im only 12! what can i do? just deal ith it or can i do something else about it?

Hey girly,
The best thing to do right now is deal with it. This whole thing is so new and naturally will sort itself out. Let your body do it's thing.

Catie C.

by krazykotabug on 6/8/2011 2:52:57 AM

Wow, I haven't had mine yet and I found this REALLY made me feel better. I won't have to worry about... knowing nothing lol. But seriously wouldn't that be funny to say "my friend from down south came do you have and birthday candles?" rofl

by emma23416 on 6/7/2011 4:01:36 PM

Hahahaaa my friend from down south that's funny Laughing Casey L.

by emma23416 on 6/7/2011 3:26:29 PM

Hey I have a question. So I got my period for the first time last month and for the last week or so I have had a few cramps. But I have a swim party on Thursday and Im afraid il get it again then. But does that mean it will come again soon?

by Vanillacupcake23 on 6/6/2011 8:35:49 PM

Modmodmod mod mod!!!!
So I got my period. I had it for 7 days (it was a pain I had it over my friend sleepover) and I never wanted it and hoped it never would come back. Now I regrett holding that because it didn't come back. It has been 6 months since I got it. I know the first time is iregular but I'm getting worried! I'm 12 if that helps! I want my period back!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey chica! Don't be freaked out about your period. Periods can be irregular for up to 5 years! If you are really feeling upset, talk to your parents or your doctor.

Chelsea B.

by Jinxycharms on 6/1/2011 10:10:09 PM

MOD MOD!! thanks 4 all ur guys help! Smile I'm TOTALLY prepared.

by warriorcat4567 on 6/1/2011 6:56:02 PM

I've had my period 2 times in total before last february but i haven't had it since. I know that during the first 2 years that you are supposed to be irregular but in march, I had all my PMS symptoms and they were actually worse. But then my family all the sudden decided to start this diet called the Paleo Diet. Ever since we started the diet, my mom and I haven't had our periods. But then recently my mom started hers again and actually had her period twice in May. I still haven't had mine. What's wrong with me? Oh and I have gained 8 pounds since the diet and have not been exercising. Could this have anything to do with it? Plz help!

by NaTuRe ChIcK on 6/1/2011 2:47:57 PM