4 MINUTES AGO Thanksgiving is official over—time to get started on these cute & cheap Christmas crafts: http://t.co/GK9eNSsGDn

3 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

4 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

i havnt started but most of my frends hav. after reading some comments bout not bein allowed to carry a purse, i feel lucky that we can carry purses go to our lockers and go to the bathroom as long as were not lik taking a test or something like that

by hopelt_dancergirl on 5/31/2011 10:09:37 PM

When I get my waffle fun time and i go swimming im not going to wear a pad or a tampon. Cuz of the water prssure.

by partyz11 on 5/31/2011 1:32:11 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I have had my period once before but now summer is coming up and I love swimming! This weekend I got my period again and I went in the water with no tampon and I got a huge red mark on my bathing suit( it washed out) so now I think I have to use tampons but I am so scared!!! I have never used them before in my life and I am afraid it will get stuck or I cant get it in and I dont know where to put it in!!! HELP!

Hey girlie! Putting in a tampon can be a little scary and challenging at first, but it's actually not as bad as you think! Here's a link to show you how to put one in: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

Erin G.

by starshineteddy on 5/30/2011 2:31:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I think I'm nearing my period! For the first time! I am craving pretzels and I've got stomach aches. Also I'm really moody and I started crying at a slightly sad part of a book! I have got acne all over my face! Will my period come soon?

Hey chica! Most likely, your period is on its way. Check under the Periods, Period section in the Your Bod part of the GL website for tons of info about preparing and getting it. Good luck!

Chelsea B.

by warriorcat4567 on 5/30/2011 8:09:29 AM

*sigh* I am probably nearing my PMS. I am at a slightly sad part of Harry potter and I am near tears. Also I have had discharge for a year now but moody and cranky and sobby is SO not me!

by warriorcat4567 on 5/29/2011 10:40:23 PM

when i get my period i cant go to the nurse.....

cuz at my school the nurse is a guy : /

by Say.xoxo on 5/29/2011 3:40:31 PM

I have all of these symptoms except for the last two i am eleven and turning twelve in august I've had my discharge since September could someone tell me about when ill get my period?? Please???

by soccerfreak78 on 5/3/2011 10:01:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD okay so I have had a really bad stomachache for almost a WEEK! I feel like I'm going to throw up. When I eat a tums its gone though. I have really bad discharge, pubic hair and a little bit of arm hair. Is this a sign that my period could be coming? P.S. my doctor said about two years ago that I would be getting my period in 2- 2.5 years and this month will have been 2 years from then. Are doctors most of the time right?

Hey girlie -- yes they are Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by joannajackson on 4/30/2011 11:14:14 AM

MOD!!!!!
thnx soooomuch 4 answering my earlier question i no it wuz kinda awk but i always new WHAT my period was but i didnt no WHAT IT MEANT thnx SOOO much!
-Kailee Smile
Luv the haters!

Helen S.

by loveTC247 on 4/23/2011 1:34:07 PM

I cant wait till my period ! lol i think it will come in like nine months

by tinacrystal on 4/22/2011 5:37:45 PM