1 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

2 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

3 HOURS AGO Caramel pudding is loveee! Try our recipe: http://t.co/7b2CtmPfkM

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

im 12 years old. i got my period last august, and i get it every month, sometimes its a bit irregular, i know thats normal. but whenever i get it, its sooo light and sooo little, i bareley know when to change my pad! is there something wrong with me? and is it normal to wear pantiliners everyday because of discharge?

Hey! no there's nothing wrong with you, and that's normal. To get all your questions answered I recommend talking it out with your doctor Smile
Helen S.

by Dancing Queen 14 on 4/22/2011 3:43:10 PM

So I've been getting some of the symptoms(Change in sleeping habits,upset stomach,irritability,cravings,ect.) and really heavy discharge could it be that my first period is coming?
thanks!

Hey chica. Sounds like your period is coming, so be ready!
Marly Z.

by C~Bear on 4/20/2011 8:28:45 PM

Thanks for this article...it really helped.

by maggie183 on 4/12/2011 7:06:00 PM

mod mod mod!!I don't have my period yet but I think
I will it soon. My mom signed me up for soccer and i'm feel afraid that i'm going to get it during soccer season and my mom wont let me wear a tampon. What would I do?

Hey girlie,

You can always wear a panty liner if you feel like your period is coming soon--don't worry, the first few days should be a pretty light flow.  Carry a few pads with you in your backpack also just in case it comes!
Ruth S.

by Superlily99 on 4/9/2011 9:49:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I wanted to know if wearing a tampon is okay for sleeping if I only wear it for 7-7.5 hours. I used to wear a nighttime pad and even a super long one, but they kept leaking because i was laying down. please help me!

Hey girl, they're fine. Just be sure to change them immediately in the morning.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by elmsgirl7 on 4/7/2011 11:12:47 PM

MOD MOD! I used 2 wear a pad at night, but then it would leak down the back because I was laying down. I tried heavy and nighttime pads, but they didn't work, so I just switched to a tampon. I put it in right before I go 2 bed, and I take it out in the morning, but I was wondering if there is a better alternative that has less risk of TSS or is just more convenient. Thanks!

Hey girl, I think you could try a super absorbent pad, but keep in mind that  your period actually flows lighter at night! You may find as your cycle becomes more normal, pads are fine for overnight.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by elmsgirl7 on 4/7/2011 11:03:32 PM

Mod mod mod
What's a menstrual cup?

Hey girl, a menstrual cup is another thing you can wear during your period instead of a pad or tampon. You insert it, and it collects the fluid rather than absorbing it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by feefee109 on 4/7/2011 9:24:00 PM

quick question when u get ur period does that mean u cud b a mom my friend heard the story of a girl who got pregnant at 11 i was like uhhh idk if thats posible plz help thnx!
-Kailee

Hey girlie. Technically, once you have your period, you can get preggers. But, that's pretty doubtful that it would happen at such a young age. 15 and 16- yes, but 11 is a little young for a body to be ready for that.

Marly Z.

by loveTC247 on 4/6/2011 6:03:48 PM

Hey girls, join the GLEEK_FREEKS club if u luvvvvv GLEE!

by Jujubug3 on 4/3/2011 2:31:00 PM

mod mod mod mod How do you insert a tampon? I don't get it...!

Hey girlie! Check out this article on how to insert a tampon: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx Smile

Brittany G.