1 HOURS AGO 20 fashion DIYs that are actually doable: http://t.co/syvbp82Oa9

13 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

16 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

COMMENTS

100 must-know period facts and fun

Whether you’re a veteran when it comes to dealing with Mother Nature’s monthly gift or you’re still waiting for Aunt Flo to come to town, GL’s got all the essential info you need...

MOD im going to the beach over break, and i know its recommeded to wear a tampon, but i feel really uncomfortable with that! can i just wear a pad, or could i not wear anything at all?

Hey girlie -- wearing a pad would be the equivalent of wearing a diaper; it would swell and won't stick, as it will be wet. If you go without, there's also the possibility of leaking. You could always try a menstrual cup if your uncomfortable with the idea of tampons.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by ladyknight on 4/1/2011 9:06:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I have been getting every symtom possible to show my monthly gift is coming… but no gift... The other day I went to the bathroom and this thing was like sticking to me. i pulled down my erhm... pants and it just like went together and sat on my pantyliner (that i use because of heavy discharge) It was realllllllllllllllllllllllllly sticky discharge so it looked like a booger almost but it wasnt yellow or anything. THEN I got to class and my face started BREAKING OUT!!!!!! like no joke. Is this a sign? since then i havent gotten any more of that but the pimples are still there and the discharge is still heavy...
Help?
Thanks

Hey girl, it could definitely be. Be prepared with pads and know that while no one can tell you when exactly your period will come, it's always best to be prepared and safe than sorry.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cittycat1998 on 3/31/2011 8:42:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! so im not sure if i got my period yet, and im afraid to tell my mom. When i went to the bathroom, there was a little bit of red on the toilet paper that i used, and i don't think its enough to be my period, but im not sure. There is also white stuff in my underwear that is really gross and smelly, and i was wondering if there was a way to prevent it, or to atleast keep my underwear clean? Thanks!

Dont be nervous about telling your mom! They know all about this stuff and will be able to really help you Smile also that might be the start, if you ask your mom im sure she could tell you. As for the white discharge theres nothing you can do to prevent i. Sorryy. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by lil l on 3/27/2011 2:42:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So, today I think I got my period. There was red in my underwear, and stuff like that. But when I went to the bathroom today, when I, uh, wiped after I was done with my... business... Something dark red and REALLY gloppy came out on the toilet paper... Is this normal? Answer ASAP, please!
Sarah.

That is your period and that is just what happens when youre on your period. There will be times when darker lumps will come out. Its just the lining of your uterus coming out (ie your period). Dont worry! Its completely normal Smile
Kerra S.

by love.softball73 on 3/27/2011 2:12:29 PM

Thanks so much!!!

by D00dleg4l18 on 3/26/2011 12:25:55 AM

Modmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmod
Ok I just got my period two days ago and I must say I already hate it but I'm supposed to be going to a water park in 3 days. Should I wear a tampon? I literally for the first time ever got it two days ago. I'm just worried cuz my mom said usually your first one isn't to heavy but mine sure seems heavy. But either way is it ok fir me to wear a tampon? I'll be in a public pool with waterslidres and what not. Thanks so much!!!

Hey girlie! It's perfectly fine for you to wear a tampon Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by D00dleg4l18 on 3/26/2011 12:21:16 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Those first ten? I'VE BEEN EXPERIENCEING ALL OF THEM! Now I'm super freaked out, because when I read the list, I was like, 1. Me, 2. Me, 3. Me, 4. Me...
I haven't had my first and these symptoms have been going on for, I don't know, maybe a week. Now I'm freaked out. Am I about to get my first? Should I have already?

Helen S.

by notbigenough on 3/25/2011 8:31:17 PM

Haha! I have been having my period for four years (since I was nine) but still found this quite useful. Smile I first got mine at a theme park when I was on a water ride. I was with my friend. I was going to change out of my bathing suit, saw it, knew I must have gotten it, though "Me having my period = no pool party tomorrow. Did I bleed through? Nope. Better not tell my mum till tomorrow AFTER the pool party." I must say, I lucked out. I never bled through. Laughing Haha.

by Xxforget_me_notxX on 3/25/2011 12:44:26 PM

thnxs that was uber helpful and now im gunna be prepared.

by 1010gurl on 3/23/2011 9:03:40 PM

MOD I've had discharge for like a year and a half, but no period. Is this normal?

Yup, that's totally normal. Everyone develops differently and your period will start when your body's ready. xoxo Allie

Allie S.