12 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

15 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

16 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

Turning school friends into real friends

I know a bunch of kids at school, but no one ever asks me to hang out. I feel like a loser…

mod mod mod! ok well i have two friends who seem to not want to hang out with me. lets call them cailee and emily. Lat year in 7th grade, we were all inseperable anad hung out all the time and told each other everything. lately, they seem to be going other places with 2 other girls who are mean to me and they dont tell me anything and we dont hang out anymore even though we have classes and stuff together. i keep trying to be nice but im very upset about the sitchuation but i dont know how to talk it out with them! any suggestions?

Hey dojhallow97, mhmm that's odd that they just stopped talking to you. Maybe invite them over to a sleepover at your house where you guys can talk in private about your issues. You could even try having a three way phone conversation with them. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by dojhallow97 on 2/10/2012 5:00:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I don't know why but, I don't like to hang out with many people in the summer break. I mean I have my bestfriend I met in grade 7 but this year in grade 8, she started hanging our with another girl she's known longer than me. My bestfriend always used to copy my style and other things but she moved on to looking up to someone else. and since I haven't hung out with my bestfriend very much this summer, she's been having lots of fun , with other friends. But now since her friend went away for vacay, she decides she wants to make plans with me now. I've talked to her about it already, and she keeps reassuring me that we're still tight as always . But I'm not so sure about that, I'm stuck with this sinking feeling inside & I'm feeling super nervous about grade 9 in september, I used hang out with everyone at scchool, but only have a couple bestfreinds, what if I become a total losr !?Frown Please Help !

Hey cutie! You're looking at this totally wrong, no offense. First of all, I think you're right to be suspicious of your former BFF's motives. She's probably lonely since her friend is on vacay. This doesn't mean you can't still be friends with her. You can hang out with her still, you just don't have to share your whole life's story with her anymore. That's all. And now that you're going to high school you have the opportunity to meet so many new people. It's going to be amazing. If you go into this new year with an open mind and heart you will meet amazing new people who can become your true friends. Just find people with similar interests and spend time with them. If your former BFF needs you again some day you can be there for her, but you're not going to just sit by the sidelines waiting for the day that she ditches you completely. No way! You're the leading lady of your own life. Meet as many people as you can, try new things, experience life! xoxo
Jess W.

by saharlovesyou on 8/2/2011 7:14:53 AM

Mod mod, i'm in high school. i used to be comfterable and confident with my friends and other people, but around Feburary I became really shy around others and my friends. I really want to be comfterable around other people and my friends by the time school starts, but I'm afraid that no one will talk to me. Frown

Hey girly,
The best thing that you can do to be confident is to smile and just try not to think about other people. If you are confident and smile, people will be interested in talking to you because you will seem like a nice person to be around. Don't worry. If you follow this, everything will work out at school.

Catie C.

by maxteengal234 on 6/27/2011 12:19:11 PM

mod mod mod
I'm going to high school next year. I'm only 13, though, and I'm really short. Is there any way to show I'm just as mature and on an equal level as everyone else? I'm tired of being treated like a little kid. Plus, is there any advice you can give me when I go? Thanks. Smile

Hey Girl,

The best advice I can give you is to stay true to yourself. If you truly are mature, it will show through on its own with little effort from you! Your new mantra: love yourself and people will love you! Best of luck <3
Kelly H.

by babygirlk on 6/2/2011 12:34:14 AM

Mod Help my friend wants to be in band like i am but the resource teacher says she cant cause she's already in choir and most of the time she cant even come to choir one time i walked in there and she misssed one answer on her homework and the teacher ripped her home work in half should she tell the principal or what?

Hey! yeah i think so. that sounds harsh to me. good luck!
Helen S.

by Jacklyn on 5/6/2011 8:00:48 PM

Ive been homeschooled since 3rd grade but this next year i'm going back to public school for 8th grade. Is there anything I should know about public school? Is the work hard? I'm pretty nervous. thanks!

Hey, girlie! Don't worry, it's completely natural to be a little bit nervous. One of my BGFs did the same thing as you in 8th grade and his transition went pretty smoothly! It may seem a bit over whelming to be in classes with so many people, and packed hallways may seem daunting, but you get used it it, promise!

Bridget R.

by Rachieroo18 on 4/13/2011 1:26:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!,
Am I awkward? I usually have two besties and whenever im with just one I think im boring i sometimes feel like the third wheel to this three some! Sometimes they hang with me together but i feel i lose the connection and am just some random person sitting there near them! They hang out with each other all the time and practicly walk the same way home so am I the third wheel and awkward person around anyone?

I think you should try your hardest to be outgoing with them! Dont just sit there and pity yourself for beingawkward. Do something about it! Speak up and have fun. Joke around nad give compliments and just be a generally nice person. Theyll notice it and appreciate it Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by allieberry11 on 3/27/2011 1:18:15 PM

HEY MOD!!
wondering if any other mod could give some advice on it as well, please! it would be appreciated. thank you brittany!

Sure thing -- just post your question again Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by kittylover101 on 3/26/2011 12:42:03 PM

Hey mod! i need major advice. I am 14 and i spent 12 years of my life in the US. My rents and sisters are pakistani, but i am a citizen of the US. all of a sudden, for personal reasons, we had to move back to pakistan. its really tough to adjust coming from the US to Pakistan. Education system is really hard and its putting alot of pressure on me. the principal of my school said if i dont pass my subjects this year, she'll kick me out. im scared and confused as to what i should do now. ive been out of touch with all my goals. my self esteem and confidence both have dropped and i have no idea what to do. im failing almost every subject. its not that i hate pakistan, its just that life threw so much at me all at once, and so much change is destroying my mental and physical health. im confused. im pressurized and i frequently have thoughts of suicide. ive talked to my rents but they want to come back to their country and they tell me its better if i live here. Im depressed everyday. HELP!

Hey girlie -- is there any one at the school you can talk to, such as your guidance counselor, regarding your overwhelming feelings? If not, try reading this article on confidence:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx, this one on getting out of a funk: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/27/five-ways-get-out-of-a-funk.aspx and this one on dealing with feelings of suicide and depression: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx. I hope these help Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by kittylover101 on 3/26/2011 12:25:00 PM

don't forget the school clubs option... and a quick tip-smile @ people between classes in the hall. if the smile is returned, thats a good sign also, i admit that i have trouble knowing the difference between "freinds" and "aquantinces." but that may be a result of my having Asperger syndrome (totally hate the first syallbe, it keeps from telling people), which is a very mild form of autism.
~~~
also while I'm on the autism subject, you may have heard about something called "light it up blue", run by the "chairty" autism speaks. they are not a worthy cause. google "notautismspeaks" to learn more. anyway, one of the things the AS jerks want people to do is wear blue on april 1st in support of the event. im protesting by wearing red. (my friends agree that red is the opposite of blue.) join me in wearing a red anything on april 1st.

by actress2b_<3 on 3/22/2011 6:42:12 PM