1 HOURS AGO #SoundOff! What's your stance on smoking? http://t.co/5P2HcJXJTO

2 HOURS AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

3 HOURS AGO Why he talks to you on summer vacay—but not in school: http://t.co/QHqdQINuLZ

COMMENTS

Why is wearing a pad so uncomfortable?

Whenever that "time-of-the-month" comes around, I always have issues with my pad. What can I do to make it feel better?

MOD*MOD*MOD*
k so i came home from school today and my under wear was full of dark brown stuff.. like DARK BROWN. Im pretty sure its my period because its never happened before.. soo anyways I cleaned up and put on a pad... i guess this isnt really a question but... umm idk i mean i think i just got my period..?!

Hey! yes it sounds that way, sometimes it can be brown.
Helen S.

by frostybunny9 on 4/8/2011 4:23:32 PM

MODS -okay so i am 13 and whenever i get my period i'm fine with it, but i would really like to be able to wear a tampon instead of pads! i have tried the smallest tampon you can get but it just hurts too much to use one, please help! thank you!

Hey girlie! The only way a tampon would hurt is if it is either too big for your flow or if you don't have it in correctly, Check out this article on how to insert a tampon:

Brittany G.

by kkkal on 4/2/2011 12:35:44 PM

mod mod mod mod...(:
I don't understand when you get your period. Does it come every month? If so, does it come everyday that month? How many times does it come that month? Please explain the concept to me? Thanks Mod's<3(:

Hey girlie. No problem. You should get your period once a month. It will probably last from 3-7 days of each month. Every girl is a bit different. Some girls won't get it every month and will have an irregular cycle. Hope that helps!
Marly Z.

by LoveHappens on 3/28/2011 5:08:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a question that i need an answer to. I have been having leaks for about the past 6 months. They are usually very small leaks, but it is very uncomfortable to have little wet spots until they dry. At home i change, but I sometimes go though 5 pairs of underwear a day! Does this mean I could start wearing pads??? My mom got her period when she was 16. I'm 13, so I probably will get mine at the same age, but should I wear pads now to stop all this leaking? it's driving me crazy. hope you can help me!

Hey girlie. You're probably getting discharge. Look into wearing pantyliners. They are thiner than a normal pad and will keep ya dry!
Marly Z.

by rachelrox123 on 3/28/2011 4:21:15 PM

look, i just started on march 3 and i tried puting a tampon in and it didnt hurt!

by ily-katlyn on 3/27/2011 8:14:03 PM

******MOD******
ok so im 14 and in the 9th grade and reaaally skinny. like i wear a 0. and i still havent started my period and all my friends have. ive had discharge since last november and im starting to worry. is this normal???

Hey girlie. It's very normal. Some girls don't start until they're 16. It just depends on the girl. You will get yours soon enough!
Marly Z.

by malibu96 on 3/21/2011 6:25:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
on the first day of your period, should the flow be lighter? cause when I've spotted before, i couldn't tell the difference in my flow. but today, i went to the bathroom and my panties were black and soaked, and i hadn't even realized i started or anything! thanks in advance Smile xoxo

Hey girlie. I think every girl is a bit different. Keep track of your period to see how heavy the flow normally is.
Marly Z.

by lalaland97 on 3/21/2011 6:17:37 PM

Mod! Mod!
I hate wearing pads so I tried tampons, but i'm not sure if they are fitting right. The string hangs down really far, so I think the tampon is not far enough "up". Help!

Hey girlie. That is probably the problem. When you insert the applicator, push it up further so that when you insert the tampon, it's comfortable. It takes a few times to get it right.
Marly Z.

by BeachBabe5432 on 3/14/2011 6:44:15 PM

Ok I have a strange question... Every guy that I have ever dated has always asked me if I wear a thong. Why does it matter so much for them? Not all of the guys that I've dated have been players so thats not it, but why does that matter so much to them? I feel uncomfortable answering that question but I don't want to feel like a loser so i usually do. I feel so embarrassed when I answer them because I don't wear a thong.
Thanks for all of MOD's help!

Hey girlie -- you should ask them! Especially if you are uncomfortable with answering that question -- it's the only way to get a straight answer, not to mention from the source Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sportygrl_101 on 3/11/2011 10:40:34 PM

MOD I want to wear thong underwear but should I wear a pantliner with it? I have tried and its uncomfortable but I do get a fair amount of discharge...what should I do?

hey! don't they make panty liners that are cut specifically for thongs? I would check that out.
Helen S.