29 MINUTES AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

AN HOUR AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

2 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't wanna read about British spies?! Enter to win a copy of Dangerous Deceptions from @HMHKids: http://t.co/Eozjo2nZg1

COMMENTS

Help! I'm falling for an older fella

My family owns horses, and last year my dad hired someone new to take care of them. I have feelings for him. He is 25 (I...

MOD MOD MOD a lot of people in my grade are dating. we're only in middle school. my parents don't allow me to date until high school but everybody else is allowed to. it's not like i'm in the mood to date anybody but i feel as if they have more privileges than i do. should i talk to my parents about letting me date now, or is it okay if i don't date until high school?

Hey girlie,

It's totally fine if you don't date til high school! Personally, I'd wait and not make any problems with my parents until I met a special guy that I wanted to date. If that happens and you're still not allowed, try approaching mom and dad to see if they might bend the rules for a respectful, considerate, smart, involved guy. But in the meantime, just enjoy your life and don't worry about it! Smile
Lauren C.

by PuppyCT on 2/9/2012 10:45:49 PM

MOD!!!!
i have a boy friend but he is 4 years older then me is it right to be with him plz help i love him and he does to but is it wrong

Hey babe,

Sometimes you can't help but have feelings for someone, but honestly...yes I think 4 years is a lot. Especially right now, when a small age difference can feel HUGE. You're just both in different places in your lives. You have different priorities, you see things differently, etc. And when there are 4 years different, you have to wonder why he is in the relationship. It's normal to want to date older when you're a girl (because the guys your own age are a little less mature), but why he would want to date SO MUCH younger is a little suspect. I'm not saying he's a bad guy because if you love him, he must be great! But honestly you'd do a lot better with someone a bit younger than he is - someone closer to your own age with more in common. I'm sorry girl, but we do draw the line at 2 or 3 years usually <3
Lauren C.

by enstana on 1/19/2012 8:33:00 PM

Ok I like this guy that is 4 years older than me he is one of my guy friends brother. They live down the street and go to my church. my family is pretty close to them. He always teases me and I guess it doesn't mean anything. His mom said it's because he thinks I am cute but I think she was just trying to make me feel better. So I probably won't act on any feelings until I get older maybe. I was just wondering what your opinion is on this relationship. (he's like the only person I really really like right now) (I'm in 8th grade and he's a senior)
Is there a possibility that he could like me?

by ChristianGal#8 on 8/28/2011 10:18:20 PM

Wow i like this guy who is 2 years older than me and we're really close but my father doesn't want me to make this "crush" official. I haven't yet, but it's hard because he's really sweet, funny, and supportive.

by PuppyCT on 6/14/2011 2:39:55 PM

MOD!
I like a gy who is 7 yrs older than me. He is my sisters friend. My parents are 7 yrs apart. So i dont see why its so bad. I mean if we liked eachother (not the case i dont think) and didnt like DO anyhing. so if it ends up that we do would it be that bad.

Hey! the problem is if you're underage and he's not then it's illegal, so you should maybe try to move on Smile
Helen S.

by Angel07 on 5/1/2011 3:47:31 PM

This guy last night was telling me i miss you. I wish you were here and today i texted him and he wont respond.

by soccergirl43 on 4/2/2011 5:32:34 PM

Dear MOD
So I like this guy, but he's my drivers ed teacher, and he's 10 years older give or take a few years. I think about him a lot but I know it's not good since I'm 14 and he's my teacher. When I drive with him I'm really nervous because I'm not very charasmatic and I don't wanna look stupid, since I like him. But I think it affects my driving a little. What should I do?

Hey! just when you're in the car, concentrate on  nothing but the task at hand. It'll help you be more focused Smile

Helen S.

by ames519 on 4/1/2011 5:21:12 PM

ok theres this guy hes 13 and i'm 12 he always flirts with me and acts like were going out and i want to ask him out but it's my bffls boy friend and so my mom thinks he likes me and so do i but how do i find out without asking ???

by Rilena12 on 3/23/2011 8:18:56 PM

Dear MOD,
Hi. So, I have bit of an issue, but I'd like some advice if possible, please. I'm 13 years old and my boyfriend of almost 7 months is 14 years old. We're both pretty mature for our ages, we've dated on and off since the second grade, and (even though it seems like I'm just saying this, trust me) we love each other very much.
Every day for a few months now, at the end of school, he and I walk out to the buses together. We talk, hug, and go our seperate ways. Today, I got caught in a crowd and was stuck behind him. He started talking to his friend and ended up walking straight to his afterschool practice without even pausing to remember me. He's never done this before, and I was hurt. Lately he's been so great to me, but he doesn't discourage the many girls who hit on him and crawl all over him (yeah, he's FINE.)
My sister told me to write him a letter and tell him what was upsetting me. Do you think this is a reasonable idea? Thank you (:
-I talk too much.

Hey girl! Aw, I can imagine that didn't feel very good :/ It could be that he feels so comfortable in the relationship that if you weren't around he didn't think it would bother you, but if there is some stuff you want to discuss with him I would definitely do that. If you don't want to talk about it face to face (which probably would be best, but I understand if it's hard) then a letter would be the next best thing. You don't want to have unresolved problems in your relationship, especially if it's one that means so much to you! I hope this helps, and good luck Smile

Caitlin F.

by theinfamouswroet on 3/9/2011 12:48:43 AM

I totally feel ur pain. My crush is 24 and I'm 16. He isnt married, but he is divorced, not recently, it has been quite a few years. I've only known him for a year, but our relationship is really open. If there is anything going on, we address it right up front, no matter what. He's really awesome because nothing really bothers him. But my crush doesnt like me, its really complicated on how it came about that i found out, but he said because im younger than him, its just weird. So dont worry girly, im falling for the older guy too. Frown

by austindillonfan3 on 3/7/2011 5:18:39 PM