10 great babysitting books

Not sure how to get your charges to settle down? Tuck 'em in with a classic children's story...

CALLING ALL ANY TAYLOR SWIFT FANS ...................................... JOIN MY CLUB WELL HAVE SO MUTCH FUN YOULL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE JOIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TSfan#1 on 7/17/2012 12:57:25 PM

O MY GOD mine was ill love you forever . My grandma said i got her up when i was really little at 4:30 am it means so mutch too me . Ill love you forever ill like you always as long as im living my baby youll be. Then the mom gets old and sings to his son ill love you forever ill like you always and she died right there so the grown man picked her up and said ill love you forever ill like you for always,and as long as im living my mommy youll be, this book means so mutch to me!

by TSfan#1 on 7/17/2012 12:49:22 PM

I love "That's Not Goldie!" and "The Giving Tree"
Best books EVA!

by beththebrave on 9/28/2011 2:15:31 PM

Hey another great night time book is Pajama Time.
I loved that book when I was little, it has a very fun vibe to it!
I loved the Kissing Hand too, great book.

by mousiequeen15 on 9/5/2011 1:26:21 PM

one book i totally recommend for someone who misses their parents is the kissing hand. i read it in kindergarten - and loved it! you can also do this cute little craft where you trace the kids hand and cut it out. then they kiss it and decorate it with stickers and hearts. "so when you feel sad, you can hold the kissing hand and it will make you happy!" Smile

by sweetpea185 on 8/29/2011 7:42:46 PM

im 11 yrs old and my mom is not gonna let me babysit .i'm really mature for my age .i really need a way to get money so if you could suggest something i can do besides babysitting ,lawn mowing ,lemonade stand ,house sitting bake sale. thxs 4 your time

Hey girl,

How about dog walking? x0x0
Casey L.

by texastween on 7/28/2011 2:50:58 PM

I remember when I was little I absolute;ly loved this book called Jillian Jiggs, about a girl with a big imagination who needs to clean her room. It should totally be on the list!! Smile

by garciagirl78 on 6/4/2011 3:38:54 PM

When I was younger The Kissing Hand, Goodnight Moon, Green Eggs and Ham, and Where the Wild things are
were very wonderfull books and my fav ones to read

by jadeelorajansen on 5/19/2011 5:45:26 PM

I cant wait until I can get a babysitting job! I have sooo many cool thing I love to do with little kids...they are soooo cute

by platinumchick2 on 4/8/2011 12:02:29 PM

I almost forgot about the Chica Chica Boom Boom book! I use to LOVE that book...ahh memories Smile

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 3/27/2011 8:01:22 PM

They all seem good but for some reason Where the Wild Things Are just seems kind of scary. But that may be because it scared me when I was younger.

Reading is one of the best things you can do when babysitting. I do it and the kids I watch love it.

by luckykel on 3/13/2011 11:21:58 PM

Corduroy and The Kissing Hand are REALLY good for kids... I read it to the kids I babysat and now they read it every time I'm there!

by love.softball73 on 3/12/2011 8:57:29 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a dress up doll to my mom, I'll tell her things are too small for me but she makes me wear them anyway. She has no thought about how I feel. I want kinda short hair and she says no you're growing your hair out. It's not FAIR!!! HELP! Frown

Hey chica! You need to have a serious talk with your mom and let her know that while you love her, you're growing up and can make some of your own decisions. Maybe compromose with her and find some styles in between, both hair-wise and clothing-wise.

Becca G.

by Orion12 on 3/12/2011 7:01:42 PM

too cute. my play of dr suess is tomorrow!!!!! the dress rehearsal was today, im so excited! visit my profile, chicas, if u got the time. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

by janerbuy on 3/12/2011 4:53:35 PM

Hey, girls! Do you need advice? Well, I give advice on everything:
Dealing with mean girls
Money making ideas
Gift ideas
Serious issues
Body issues
Eating right
Tough stuff
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 3/12/2011 3:08:43 PM

by kitkatt23 on 3/11/2011 8:48:16 PM

I love allllll of these. Also, The Kissing Hand, I Love You This Much, Corduroy, The Velveteen Rabbit, shel Silverstein, Paddington, Winnie The Pooh.

by peacelovejesus on 3/11/2011 6:23:41 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to raise awareness about gay rights at school because I'm tired of people saying mean things about the gay community, but I'm not sure how. Do you have any ideas? Thanks! You're awesome!

hey! a great way would be to volunteer for the ACLU or start a chapter of the Gay Straight Alliance at your school. good luck!
Helen S.

by demilovatofan249 on 3/11/2011 6:05:30 PM

My favorites were "Corduroy" and "The Big Green Pocketbook."

by countrycutie12 on 3/11/2011 12:54:51 PM

I remember reading Harold and the Purple Crayon when I was little. :3 It was one of my favorite books.

by superleigh50 on 3/11/2011 10:40:50 AM

these were my fave books when i wuz a lil kiddo

by muenessa678 on 3/11/2011 8:42:48 AM

Bump Up Your Babysitting Biz

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?