6 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

9 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

10 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Help a tomboy go girly-girl

I wear regular t-shirts and jeans, and I told everyone I hate pink…but now I wanna become a little more girly. How do I transition?

Oh and sorry I kept posting that so many times...it wasn't showing up so I thought that it must have not posted it. Sorry I feel really bad about wasting your time with all of those posts!

Aww girl no problem! I'm just glad you found it. Did that help you at all? Smile

Lynae P.

by applea123 on 6/5/2011 12:15:16 AM

Oh I found it! Thanks so much!! Smile

by applea123 on 6/5/2011 12:10:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I have a really big problem. Earlier this year I got pulled away from my really amazing group of friends-it wasn't their fault, someone else. But now that girl is BFFs with someone else, and I don't know how to get back into my old group. My two besties have become REALLY good friends with some other girls and now there doing everything together. I'm kinda starting to grow apart from my two old BFFs, though, too. It seems like they never want to hang out with me, and when I'm with them in public it seems like there is always someone else that they want to hang with. But when it's just us three, or me and the other, we are so close again, like we used to be. It makes me really sad to look over at them at lunch and see them laughing or seeing pics on facebook of them that I could have been in. My life is miserable and I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Please please help!!

Hey girly, I think I answered this question already. Check back and let me know if you see my response. Smile

Lynae P.

by applea123 on 6/4/2011 11:59:00 PM

MOD MOD
There's this guy but he's a grade older and he's REALLY cute! The problem is that he hates me! I act like I hate him but I think he knows that I like him! Should I just lay low cuz i see him everyday!

Hey girlie -- it depends, do you want to date a guy who you say hates you?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by selemoto on 5/27/2011 10:20:31 PM

I just got contacts and i love them, but my brown eyes look dull. Any ways to play up my eyes without going over the top?

Hey girl! Here are some tips for the perfect eye makeup: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Help-me-do-my-eye-makeup.aspx

Erin G.

by TheCuteNerd on 5/9/2011 3:59:24 PM

the exact same thing happenend to one of my best friends and all you have to do is get a different wardrobe be around some girly colours all the time but still be yourself i mean if your a tomboy at heart then just try to be a bit less of a tomboy. My friend she hated pink and then she bought a pink pencil case, bag, a few clothes and even some hair ties!
(btw the way i'm talking about the thing before comments)

by sweetsiena on 4/21/2011 8:58:58 AM

Mod MOD Mod MOD
I'm scared of bugs and i don't want to how can i tolerate being in the same room as them???

Hey! try to learn more about them. the more you know about something the less scary it is Smile
Helen S.

by lovemag7 on 4/9/2011 1:14:36 PM

i use to be a really tomboy but then i got a little girly but i still hav mostly tomboy in me.

by star53 on 3/29/2011 12:51:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD a boy in school likes me but i sort of like him and he is droping hints like crazy what should do p.s. he gets in troble alot and im not sure if i should like him and my friends hate him

Hey girlie. Sometimes you can't help who you like. if you don't think he is good for you though, then i wouldn't try to pursue him.
Marly Z.

by coccobello on 3/14/2011 8:36:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
okay, so a guy that really likes me (but i dont like. i dont like his reputation orr just himself.) keeps on asking me out and asking if i want to hang out. i said no to going out and sure to hanging out, even though i really dont want to! im so confused and i have no idea what to do. what do i say and do?

Helen S.

by friendsrforever on 3/12/2011 4:46:28 PM

im picky about my clothes, but idk what i would call my "style", if i even have one...

by Alle93 on 3/12/2011 12:08:27 PM

Today, my friend Leah and I told Hugh, a guy my friend Kelly likes, that she wanted to go out with him. She got mad at me and I lied and said I told him she never liked him but i didn't and she said cross your heart and hope to die (in a text message) and I didn't respond but will I die, even though I lied?
~Morgan

Hey Morgan,

Girl, that's just an expression! But consider how you'll feel if you do lie to Kelly. Personally, I'd apologize for being honest and just tell her you were trying to help. You slipped up, but that's no reason to freak out. Just be calm and admit that you made a mistake <3
Lauren C.

by cheerrox1111 on 3/4/2011 9:10:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD I swear, i think i'm like, the only person in my grade that hasn't kissed!! Im in 7th grade and the only people that havent are the people that havent had a boyfriend. Well I have had one and some other guys ask me out. I told my friend I havent kissed amyone and she thought i was a loser ( not very good friend, i know).. I was planning for my 1st kiss to be all special and stuff but now I just want it to get over with. I feel like no one ever will!! Frown My question is will I ever have a guy want to kiss me??!

Hey chica, If guys have been asking you out, rest assured - a guy will want to kiss you someday!  The difference is finding someone you want to kiss.  I think you were right all along - you want it to be with someone you really like, so it's special.  Don't rush yourself or compare to others.  Get to know guys, have fun, and it will happen when it's the right time. Smile

Marie H.

by loveforever21 on 2/28/2011 11:19:57 PM

MOD,MOD,MOD,MOD
I want to get a new look. And the style I want is like the girls on Pretty Little Liars. Where can I find clothes like theres,at a good price?

Hey girl,

I've actually seen clothes I bought from Forever 21 on the show! Hunt down gems at department stores like Macy's as well and keep an open mind - they're all about layering with cute blazers and coats, tucking tanks into flirty skirts, and pushing the envelope. Paired with fun accessories that display your personality (just like Aria's tights or Hanna's earrings on PLL), you'll be all set Smile
Lauren C.

by JohnDeere13 on 2/28/2011 8:37:11 PM

I'm sorry ur mom doesn't get u. Maybe u could let her know how u prefer casual rather thatn all the skirts and dresses and stuff(trust me I don't either).

by jazzgl on 2/28/2011 4:35:48 PM

If she wants, she can go more girly but still be the tom-boy she is. There is nothing wrong with that and that's what a lot of girls like that do. Like wearing her hair a lil dif from time to time. Or carring a purse now and then.

by jazzgl on 2/28/2011 4:28:20 PM

ATTENTION POINTE DANCERS!!!!!!
I just started doing pointe this year, and I have a question about one of the warm ups. Whenever I roll up on my toes in my pointe shoes, I feel a sort of popping in my toes and I want to know if this is normal for beginning pointe dancers or not. I couldn't ask the mods because I'm sure not all of them do pointe. If any of you fellow dancers have any advice for me, please post it on my profile!! Thank you!! Smile

by HarryPotterFanClub on 2/28/2011 4:19:59 PM

MOD~
I asked a MOD this question and this is what she said:
I suddenly started losing a lot of weight around the beginning of this year. Every time I buy new clothes I lose more weight so they don't fit me anymore! What should I do?
Well I'm not actually trying to lose weight it just sort of happens! How can I find clothes that fit me?

Hey again. I know you may not be trying to lose the weight but if you are losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time, you may want to see your doctor to make sure you are eating well. As far as finding clothes that fit you, talk to mom about going shopping with you. She can help pick out sizes with you.

Elizabeth P.

by lip_gloss12 on 2/28/2011 3:33:09 PM

This is great advice. I needed to know how to blend in the tomboy look with the girly look without looking like a girly-girl.

by Palamino on 2/28/2011 3:10:26 PM

Yes!!! This is the topic for me. My Mom is always telling me I look like a boy when I go out. This is great advice for me!!!!!!!

by Palamino on 2/28/2011 3:08:10 PM

Hey girlie. Why are you losing so much weight? Talk to your doctor about a healthy diet for you.

Elizabeth P.

by lip_gloss12 on 2/28/2011 12:32:09 PM

MOD!!
ok so my friend was texting my bgf who i like and said i think (me) likes u and he said oh no not good because he doesnt like me (right now) and it might affect our friendship. i want to be more than friends. what should i do and wat could my friend say to him? should they say something to him?

Hey chica. If a guy doesn't like you, there's not much you can do about. You can try to pursue him, but if he sees you in the friend zone, then maybe you should try going for a different guy. Good luck!
Marly Z.

by ALR on 2/27/2011 12:10:17 AM

dont worry about it i think u should stay who you are but if you must add some cute girly earrings or necleace ro something thats how i dress

by caca35 on 2/26/2011 11:36:20 PM

MOD!! what exactly does exfoliating do? does it help with dry skin?
thanks

Hey chica. It removed dead skin cells, making your skin look radiant after. It should help with dry skin.
Marly Z.

by rightfield1 on 2/26/2011 10:09:36 PM

MOD
okay, so for spring, rly want to get a cute pair of sandals - glaitiator, i think, but i have no idea wear to fnd them! i can fit into a womens/juniors in some brands. also, if they cud be sorta unexpensive? Smile thanks!! Smile

Hey girlie. Search around on Lulus and American Apparel.
Marly Z.

by edamame on 2/26/2011 9:50:43 PM

I_luv_devin : If there was a "like" button on here, I would like that.

by love_10 on 2/26/2011 9:28:26 PM

Why label yourself, just dress the way you feel like dressing, no worries.Smile

by i_luv_devin on 2/26/2011 6:30:38 PM

you could wear you hair in a ponny tail and put a bow in your hair and wear a blouse with jeans and flip fops when it get warmer or you could stick to converse

by Jounga on 2/26/2011 5:42:31 PM

What I normally do is I wear laid-back, sometimes ripped jeans, with frillier, girlier tops. Its really cute!

by goldfish123 on 2/26/2011 4:55:28 PM

Help! I'm about to hang out with a group of friends that are younger than me. There are 8 of us, from age 8 to 14!! What should we do or play that all of us will like? BTW, our whole families are friends, that's why there's a big age range. All girls!! Smile

What about watching a pixar movie. I feel like that transcends all ages Smile

Helen S.

by iheartspike21 on 2/26/2011 3:30:22 PM

I'm very girly but I'm casual too! I think it's more exciting to be girly when you have more pieces (not to mention colors) to expirement with. I think with being girly comes variety.

by caitlingirl1997 on 2/26/2011 3:28:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!
I really need help
so there is this guy who I have a huge crush on, who also happens to be by BGF from across the country , we're really good frineds , we talk on MSN and texte each other all the time , but I'm affraid from telling him how I feel about him , knowing that he already told my cousine that he likes me a long time ago, but he didn't tell me , so what should I do ? should I go for it and tell him what I feel about him and taking the risk of losing him or should I keep it for myself waiting on him to do the move?
I'm really confused !

If you guys did get romantically involved the long distance would be tough. I recommend staying friends Smile

Helen S.

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 2/26/2011 2:19:48 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!
Please help me!
So I thought my BFF was the best one ever. But later she told me about these girls who hate her (we go to different schools) and I was all like 'who would hate you?' but I think I now figured it out. She complains alot. Like during a basketball game she would always whine when she disagreed with the ref. Also she seems to always cry when she starts losing or easily gets hurt. Like she jammed her finger in a bball game and started crying while I was there with my entire right side of my right hand scratched and stepped on thatnturned black and blue. It annoys me!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey girlie, you should talk to her and see if she can tone it down a little. Try to be as gentle and sincere as possible

Paige T.

by Kmn21 on 2/26/2011 12:39:46 PM

Omg I have the opposite problem!
I am a tomboy and I think it's way cooler!
I mean, who wants to be in a skintight dress while you can wear a tshirt and your cutoff jeans and be totally relaxed!!!!
If you totally agree with me, check out my profile and leave a comment, then I will check out yours!!!

by Kmn21 on 2/26/2011 12:33:44 PM

I'm a total tomboy and I'm proud of it. My mom really hates it, and has said numerous times that that is why I don't have a boyfriend(thanks mom...). But just make sure that the reason you are changing is because that's what you really want to be. If you want to be a tomboy, go for it. There's nothing wrong with that.

by kadabrafreak890 on 2/26/2011 12:00:01 PM

i think im a tomboy because i hate wearing accesories, makeup, skirts & dresses (but i <3 wearing nail polish) but anyways just be u! dont try 2 be someone ur not =/

by Filaluvva on 2/26/2011 11:44:37 AM

Mod mod mod!
I'm having a birthday party slumber party with about 12-14 girls over! I have a lot of things planned, but the girls are soo different. Some are girlish like me, and some are no makeup ever! I have Just Dance 2, I know they'll all love that but what about mani's pedi's and facials? It's my first big sleepover, and I don't want any arguing so what should I do? I really want to do the girly stuff but idk. And what about a mall scavenger hunt?
P.s you haven't answered like 5 of my questions, why?
Thank you GL so much you rock!

Hey girlie, if some girls aren't that into makeup thats okay it's just fun if you were open about it being a girls night they should no what to expect. no worries! mani and pedi are always good

Paige T.

by Rememberyouarebeautifultome on 2/26/2011 11:06:18 AM

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT FEARLESS FEMALES?
Fearless Females is a profile group for anyone who is a Christian, anyone who wants to be a Christian or anyone who wants to learn more about Christianity. My group provides support as you share verses, inspirational stories, and ask for prayer throughout you spiritual journey. I offer devotionals and prayer, as well as verses on anything you ask for! Give your fellow Fearless Females challenges and recommendations, and even share your own devotionals! No one will be turned away and there is no registration required! Many girls have already joined and are following my latest devotional Getting Back to the Basics (GBTTB)! Come check it out!

(BTW I don’t give personal advice, only biblical advice, but some of the other Fearless Females will help you with personal situations!)

by pondhouse on 2/26/2011 9:22:52 AM

hey girls! if u need advice on anything... and i mean anything post on my profile!! and im always on gl so i wud respond asap!!!!

by mkondritz on 2/26/2011 9:13:37 AM

My mom says I'm not a tomboy but I think it's cause she doesn't want me to be. There is no shame in it! Just be who you are. I like to wear t-shirts too and I HATE getting dressed up! So going to a private school with a dress-code (no T-shirts and stuff) is hard for me. I'm proud that I can get down in the dirt and kill spiders and stuff while the preppy girly-girls look at me like Ewwww! It's funny actually. Like when I kissed a horse once and their like "Ewww she just kissed a horse!" I'm like "So"? They think things like that are nasty but they're dying to kiss a certain boy??? Also you probably get to hang out with boys cause they accept you better. Recently I hung out with some boys and they like totally accepted me because I would put up with their boyish antics like randomly swinging their fist half an inch from my face (my cousin LOL)and I'm not afraid of what nost girls are afraid of. I was like wow hanging out with boys is AWESOME! So girly just be who you are!!

by dixiecowgirl on 2/26/2011 8:22:18 AM