9 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

12 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

12 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

Spring shine, sequins and shimmer

Daytime sequins and shine are gonna be huge this spring.

1.cover your mouth with ur hand

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like
3.press f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by Churroz101 on 3/13/2011 5:44:27 PM

Heya I'm having reconstructive surgery on my elbow in a couple weeks, and after surgery I will have to wear a huge brace for about 4 months Frown So I was wondering if you had any ideas for what I'm gonna be able to wear with the brace cuz I can't take it off and it's not gonna fit through a regular shirt sleeve... And for bras too I have no clue how I'm gonna get a regular bra on.
Thanks in advance!! Smile

Hey girlie. Try a strapless bra until you get the brace off. Wear looser clothing to compensate for the brace, like an over-sized sweater or tee.
Marly Z.

by sunnycowgirl19 on 3/9/2011 4:18:43 PM

i have that skirt havent wore it yet though! Smile

by dollface09 on 3/5/2011 2:34:18 AM

omg srry but i dont like any of those! the bags kinda cute but im more of a jeans and t kinda girl!!!

by teamjacob74 on 3/2/2011 5:22:09 PM

I love it all except for the bag, this is such a great trend for girls- anyone can shine Laughing

by nebulavision on 3/1/2011 5:20:35 PM

I like the bag, bow, and skirt!!!!

Please go to my profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 3/1/2011 4:19:20 PM

Ugh! They are all SO cute!

by topchef88 on 3/1/2011 7:58:26 AM

Mod mod two questions 1 should I shave my arms? And if I did should I every day 2 what is a tanning lotion that works, but doesn't streak? Thanks a ton!

Hey girl, I wouldn't recommend it.  It would be a lot of work to keep up with to avoid any stubble - so not worth it.  As for tanning lotion, check this article out:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/05/06/beauty-self-tanners.aspx.  I also like Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer, because it makes your skin tanner very gradually, which makes it less likely to streak.  xoxo

Marie H.

by tayalu on 2/28/2011 11:11:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I want to kiss my boyfriend at this football game this Friday but how can I be a great kisser?!?! Btw this will be my first kiss and he has kissed other girls before, one of them being my best friend. Help! Give a detailed answer please. Thanks! Lizzy

Hey chica!  You should read this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/18/Never-Been-Kissed.aspx and this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/11/kissing-guide.aspx.  Both have detailed advice.  But really, don't put too much pressure on yourself.  You will be able to make it work in the moment.  If you both really like each other, it will be great. Smile

Marie H.

by w0lfgirl on 2/28/2011 10:25:58 PM

MODMODMOD Hi!I'm going to this dance on friday at my old school with my friend.If my crush is there how do i flirt?I dont know how!!And i have this HUGE zit on my forehead and i put creams on it but its not going anywhere...its in three days!what do i do?

Hey girl!  You could smile and say "hi."  You could ask him if he wants to dance, or compliment him on how he looks all dressed up.  As for the zit (bummer! Frown ), keep doing what you're doing, and try not to pick at it or touch it.  If it's still not gone, you could think about using concealer for the dance.  This article has a few tips that might help:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/10/naturally-pretty-makeup.aspx.  xoxo

Marie H.

by bluejaygirl101 on 2/28/2011 9:56:46 PM

mod mod i got to a school with a strict dress code, we have to wear collared shirts and have them tucked in with a belt and everything. well skirts/dresses must come down to the knees. do you know of any place that has cute skirts or dresses (dresses must be turtleneck/collared) that are down to the knees? thanks (:

Hey chica!  It's tricky right now, because with spring clothes lotsa stores seem to have mostly above-the-knee choices.  But I just did a quick search, and American Eagle has some cute skirts that are longer.  Urban Outfitters has options, too. Smile

Marie H.

by wirlygirl97 on 2/28/2011 9:39:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD a lotta people think im flirting with my guy friends when im not, and then when i talk to my crush, it feels like im not flirting at all! how can i flirt with my crush and be friendly with my guy friends?

Hey chica!  You should definitely check this out:    http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/17/Flirting101.aspx.  It's got great, specific tips for how to flirt a li'l more with your crush.  As for your guy friends, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  People just might think it's flirting because you are confident and friendly around them - you don't have to change that!  So ignore what they say.  But try to channel that fun, friendly confidence you have around your guy friends, and use it towards your crush.  Good luck. Smile

Marie H.

by sodapoprocker on 2/28/2011 9:13:10 PM

help! i need a date! Im in 8th grade i have had a really rough middle school time and have an anxiety disorder from all of the stress. i eat really healthy but im scared the anxiety is taking a toll on my health. i used to get panic attacks a lot, but i don't really get them anymore. Im doing bettr but i still feel anxious a lot. also, i have this really tight feeling in my chest but i am breathing normally, do u think its just allergies or is my anxiety giving me health problems too? My mom is nagging me about getting a date to this really fancy dance we hav at the end of middle school. i don't really hav that many friends, but i think it would b really fun if i could go with some ppl, and i don't wanna go with nerds because i used to be really popular, before anxiety took over my life, now i don't talk to anyone, I feel sad a lot. how can i get a date?

Hey girlie,

Anxiety makes us feel a lot of things, including that tight feeling in your chest. That doesn't mean anything is wrong though - it's just a way our body expresses that feeling. Try to take each day as a challenge and do one thing outside your comfort zone, even if it makes you nervous. This includes talking to new people, sitting at a new lunch table, and eventually scoping out a cute boy to talk to. Remember to take deep breaths to work through the anxiety. With each new step you take, you're beating the anxiety and proving to yourself that you can do whatever you want Smile
Lauren C.

by bananoelle on 2/28/2011 8:32:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, so Ive got two probs (or questions)
1. I am 12. have had discharge for about a year and half. i am not very developed AT ALL.... but i have been really moody lately, my lower back aches and my stomach aches. My mom and my sister got their periods at 11/12... do u think these are signs of my period?
2. I am known as the "smart girl" i have changed my look- ditched the glasses, looking nicer, and even tried flirty. everyone still thinks of me as the smart girl- i hate it!!! ive been the smart girl my entire life. how can i get people to see other things in me? i play 8 sports and have tried different activities. how can i change what people think of me, not to change who i am. i am more than "the smart girl"... sorry for it being so long!! Smile

Hey chickie,

1. All of these things could be signs of your period. Try to relax a little though, because you can't predict exactly when it's gonna come! Just be prepared with a pad in your bag and try not to think about it Smile

2. It's hard to shake old reputations. Instead of trying to become the "sporty" girl or the "flirty" girl, be yourself. Being smart is part of your personality, and there's nothing wrong with that! You don't want to purposely get bad grades or keep quiet in class, so try not to see it as such a bad thing Smile
Lauren C.

by tumbleheart on 2/28/2011 8:31:54 PM

MODMODMOD!
I got my first period the first week of January and haven't gotten it since. i'm 14 is this normal?

Hey girl,

Yes, it's totally normal for your period to be irregular, especially when it first starts! If you're concerned about it though, it's no prob if you wanna call your doctor to get more professional info about your period Smile
Lauren C.

by SummerRox on 2/28/2011 8:20:39 PM

Like the bow and the top

by dancequeen12 on 2/28/2011 8:03:22 PM

LOOKING TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN? WANTING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CHRISTIANITY?
ALREADY A CHRISTIAN? LOOKING FOR CHRISTIAN SUPPORT? LOOKING TO GIVE CHRISTIAN SUPPORT?

Fearless Females is a profile group for anyone who is a Christian, anyone who wants to be a Christian or anyone who wants to learn more about Christianity. My group provides support as you share verses, inspirational stories, and ask for prayer throughout you spiritual journey. I offer devotionals and prayer, as well as verses on anything you ask for! Give your fellow Fearless Females challenges and recommendations, and even share your own devotionals on my page! No one will be turned away and there is no registration required! Many girls have already joined and are following my latest devotional Getting Back to the Basics (GBTTB)! Come check it out!

(BTW I don’t give personal advice, only biblical advice, but I will pray for you and any of your situations!)

by pondhouse on 2/28/2011 7:53:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD~
Ok so there's this guy that I like and I kinda know him... He was in my 5th grade class 2yrs ago. And has only been in one class since then but he ended up switching out of it. I have liked him since the 5th grade but I don't really ever talk to him anymore. I see him after school most days at the car pick up line with his friends (which I happen to know a little) I usually just talk to his friends while he's right there but don't ever really talk to him. But that's mostly because I don't know what to talk to him about! Help! I really want to get to know him. (He also doesn't have a facebook or phone) Thanks!

Hey hey,

You're limited since you can't contact him via internet/phone, so you gotta get up the courage to talk to him in person! Next time you go up to talk to his friends, prepare something to say to him. It can be about anything, but the easiest would be to think of a question about one of his sports/clubs/fave subjects/interests. Even if you're talking about something random with one of his friends, you can turn the convo onto him by asking his opinion or his plans. You could also try planning a group "date" - not an actual date obvi, but just getting together with your friends and his to do something fun like the movies or bowling. It's fun, and that way you can get to know him better in a low pressure situation Smile
Lauren C.

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 2/28/2011 7:30:56 PM

all are adorable!

visit my page if u like fashion and comment please!

thanks girlies!

by volleychick879 on 2/28/2011 7:16:49 PM

The skirt is too plain, bow is tooo cute, shirt is HOT, flats not so much, purse is ok.
I have this over the top sparkly poufy silver skirt and it's to die for. I got it likfe two years ago at Justice! So just if you want cheaper stuff, I go to Kholes and get stuff and all of my friends love my look! Plus just use what you've got in your closet, jeans and a fitted t-shirt is adorable, or a sparkly tank, I got one at express and it's over the top!
GOod luck guys!

by rememberyouarebeautifultome on 2/28/2011 7:12:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Mod, I really need to lose weight. I binge, I only exercise during the fall and spring (softball season), and I can't stand the way my body looks. I feel disgusting. Please help me, mod.

Hey girl,

The key to losing weight and feeling great is not through binging or not eating, so please stop that now! For help with this situation, read this article. I think it'll address a lot of what you're feeling right now and help you through it a little. Remember, though, that if you're constantly preoccupied with your weight and worrying about it all the time, it might be more useful to chat with your doctor or school counselor about it. They can help you figure out what is making you think this way and help you sort it out!
Lauren C.

by katherinem17 on 2/28/2011 7:05:24 PM

luv the skirt, luv the bow, luv the shirt, HATE the flats, like the bag!!!

by pink and purple girl on 2/28/2011 6:43:53 PM