1 HOURS AGO 5 stellar snapbacks to rock right now: http://t.co/7V0qNFe8AC

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 glitz up the hallways with a $75 gift card from @love2designjwlz: http://t.co/Z8kM4k5FWQ

3 HOURS AGO Learning disabilities—the dos and don'ts of telling people: http://t.co/J8jR77O5ux

COMMENTS

5 healthy ways to get over him

Tears, pity parties and Ben & Jerry’s only get you so far. It's time to quit thinking about him and start focusing on Y-O-U.

my boyfriend is in grade 8 , and for the end of the year field trip , he went to toronto. he ended up kissing his best girl friend, but they both assured me it was in the moment and there were no feelings. after a while, i forgave him . but he got mad at me when i told him that my ex still had feelings for me . he broke up with me in a text the next day, but he said he wanted to "take a break and wait for everything to cool down" . he's usually a really nice guy, and i want to get back together! what does he mean 'wait for things to cool down' ? and what should i do in the mean time?

Hey girl!  If he broke up with you, you are free to do whatever you want in the meantime, but if you want to get back together, check with him and see when you guys are going to talk things out.  Maybe he's upset about your ex and he wants to make sure you don't still have feelings for him.  Maybe he's questioning whether he has feelings for his BGF.  Whatever the case, the key is communication with your guy.  Try calling or texting him and asking him to clear things up!  xoxo

Kate G.

by chewcharm on 7/5/2012 3:37:42 PM

ok i was thinking about breaking up with my bf, and then he broke up with me b cuz i have more strength. tht kinda stuff. and he was a real jerk and i just couldnt see it b cuz i am going thro something a i felt wanted when i was with/txting him. and my bff txted him and he told her to go die in a ditch somewhere. i feel like i need to show him i will be fine without him. its hard to think about dating because it makes me sick tht i liked this guy. my friends told me, both guys and girls, he was a player and i couldnt change tht. we dated for a month and a few days. i wasted a month and a few days how do i get them back. ps plz dont forget my other questions in the messge

by rockinretro on 4/14/2012 5:20:17 PM

MOD!!! hey, so im in seventh grade and this eighth grader likes me and everybody keeps telling me he's going to ask me out. my mom says im not allowed to date until im in highschool. what do i do if he asks me out?
THANKS!!!!!

Hey girl,

Just be honest! Blame it on mom - tell him you like him a lot and would love to get to know him better, but it'll have to be as friends for now til your parents give you the OK. Shrug and smile. If he likes you, he'll understand and will hang out in groups, text you, and see you in school to grow closer as friends first!
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 12/15/2011 10:59:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i did something the caused irreversible damage in our friendship. And then we agreed that we shouldn't be friends anymore because he likes to remember the bad moments in our friendship. About texting him, he thinks that when you're not friends anymore it's complete withdrawal which basically means you no longer do anything with that person. Anyways, what can i do to get over him?

Hey girl, I understand where he's coming from. He's trying to erase you from his life by distance. And if that's what he wants, benefit from it too. Try distancing yourself and plugging yourself into activities with other friends. It takes two to have a friendship and it sounds like he's decided for himself he doesn't want one.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by girlygirl/tomboy on 11/7/2011 5:08:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Me and my BGF just broke up our friendship. Anyways, now I'm really depressed and I really miss him. How can I get over him?

Hey babe!

Why aren't you and your BGF friends anymore? Is it something that's fixable, or did one of you do something that caused irreversibly damage in your friendship? Chances are, he's missing you too. Why don't you text him to see if he wants to meet up and talk about how he feels? Let me know what happens! xoxox
Devin A.

by girlygirl/tomboy on 11/7/2011 4:46:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD There's this guy that I liked a lot in the beginning of school, and he liked me back, and we started hanging out a LOT and acting like we were dating but it wasnt official. We met up at the park one day and I had my first kiss with him, but now, things have happened and I just don't like him anymore. He tells me he loves me all the time and I say it back, but I only love him like a good friend. He tells me he would get absolutely destroyed if he ever lost me, but I don't want to be with him anymore. How do I break it to him that I just want to be friends... with no "benefits"?

Hey girly, aww this is a tough sitch. When you break it to him you need to be as nice and clear as you can. Tell him the way you would want someone to tell you. I suggest you either tell him in person or on the phone, but not through a text message or another person. Try saying something like "I really like you, but I think we would be better just as friends. Our relationship would be much stronger and closer if we were just buddies." Hope this helps girl!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by wolfwing on 11/5/2011 4:58:29 PM

I been through a bad relship but the week we broke up he asked my bff out and keep giving her notes I feeltb so jelouse it” s been a year seans we broke up but i.can” t ge ov er him and my bff aways has guys nm on her no fair what shoud I do HELP ME

Hey girly, I would say something to your BFF. Tell her you're still not over the breakup and you don't want her flirting with your ex. But be sure to tell her NOT to tell your ex that's the reason she doesn't want to talk to him anymore. He doesn't need to know how you are still feeling. It all gets better with time girl. It's only normal for you to still have some feelings towards him, so give yourself time to heal. Music can sometimes be the best therapy so play some songs that get you feeling good. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by PeaceSmg on 11/2/2011 8:30:58 PM

I was in fifth grade and there was a new kid in sixth grade. My friend and I liked him ALOT. He asked her out and she said no. He later asked me out and I said yes. We dated for about a week and a half. My bestie still has a huge crush on him but I am trying to get over him.I dont see him anymore because he is in middle school and I am in elementary school. Every time I see him with another girl i get REALLY jealous.I see him everyday now because we pass ach other going to the bus. I can't tell if I have a crush on him or not?!?! What do I do? PLEASE HELP!!

by dancemad on 10/28/2011 10:28:39 PM

Me and my bf just broke up and he put a note in my bff's locker that. He liked her Frown
And she put she liked him back it made me upset because she's my best friend and he's my ex and it's all awkward around me and the guy i like. I don't wanna ruin my friendship with my bff. I told her it didn't bother me but it really does. Wat can I do

by Lukelover<\3 on 10/17/2011 12:42:07 AM