19 MINUTES AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

AN HOUR AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

2 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

Spring break period probs

What should I do if I get my period during break? I’m going to the beach!

How hot should the hot water be? and my mom's not answering her phone. Now what?

Hey girl, make it as hot as your tap water gets, but not boiling. And I'd leave your mom a message or send her a text. Check out this link for some helpful tips, then try to relax or take a nap!

@font-face {
font-family: "Times New Roman";
}@font-face {
font-family: "Verdana";
}@font-face {
font-family: "Calibri";
}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

First period prep

Jess D.

by fantastic8805 on 5/4/2012 1:04:20 PM

HELP!!!!!
I just got my first period, and it's really heavy!!
I also have horrible cramps behind my knees, and in my lower stomach. What do I do about the cramps? and how do I tell my mom, she's not home at the moment. I wanna try tampons, bcuz the pad I'm wearing right now, feels like a diaper. how do u put a tampon in?

Hey girl, don't worry! Try using a hot water bottle to ease the cramps. I'd call your mom and get her advice and let her know what you're going through--I'm sure she'll be happy to help. Here are a couple links to get you started:

@font-face {

}@font-face {
font-family: "Calibri";

How Do Insert a Tampon?

Jess D.

by fantastic8805 on 5/4/2012 12:57:27 PM

5 reasons tampons are better
-dosent feel like a diper
-you can run
-you can swim!
-eaiser to hide
- more comferatable
i just used them for the first time and it was alot better than pads

by manzanilla1 on 4/7/2012 10:41:48 PM

I got my first period in january on the 8th. But, obviously, my period skipped over the 8th of this month. I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow, and - with my luck - there's a good chance I'll get it while on vacation. What should I do if my period comes? My mom bought me some tampons... but I'm really afraid to try them. And the diagram in the box doesn't help much.
What should I do???

It takes practice. So you just need to try it out and see if you can get it to work. I was scared at first too, but now i loooove them. So youll get the hang of it. Dont worry Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Breezy28 on 2/14/2012 7:26:02 PM

Once i went on a camp. we had to go on a hike and then camp out for two nights in the woods. there were no toilets and me and my best mate was on our period we were only aloud to go be hide a tree. so she had to watch me change my pad (also she seen my hairs and my down there and i seen hers!) and i had to watch her change hers it was ok though. we both leaked at night aswell !Frown

by sarahrose on 2/6/2012 5:06:18 PM

**MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!!!!!**
what do you do when you shower and ur on ur period?? do u have to wear a tampon????

Hey girl! No, there's no need to shower with a tampon in. You're cleaning in the shower anyway, so don't worry about your period. Just put in a tampon or put on a pad once you're out.
Jess W.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/17/2011 9:45:55 AM

mod mod mod mod
Hi, so do you actually have to wear a tampon in the water? Is there anything else you can wear? I'm afraid to start using them. Thank you!

Hey girl,

Your options are tampons and pads, and you sure can't wear pads in the water. They'll absorb all the water and expand like crazy! Just try to relax and practice the tampons during your next period. It might feel weird at first but you get used to them fast. They're all I use now! Smile
Lauren C.

by dancer1846 on 6/13/2011 9:33:20 PM

im tired of pads!ive had my period for a year now and to me pads feel like diapers im almost thirteen. my mom is not easy to talk to about stuff like that and i dont want my brother to overhear but when hes out of the house i forget or get nervous and dont talk to her about it.please help

Hey girlie! It can be super awkward to talk to our moms about these kind of things, and that's totally normal. Here's a link that has some really helpful hints on how to get that convo started. Good luck! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/12/Ready-for-tampons.aspx

Katie B.

by crazydancerchic on 5/31/2011 11:47:52 AM

MOD MOD MDO
we are going swimming as a end of the year thing.. but i got my period and its light right now and we are going tommorow... do i HAVE to wear a tampon?!?

Hey girlie. I would just to be on the safe side.
Marly Z.

by mckey101 on 5/25/2011 7:50:52 PM

I haven't had my period yet and I'm 13 is that normal??

by empem.13 on 5/24/2011 4:59:58 PM