12 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

15 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

16 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

Spring break period probs

What should I do if I get my period during break? I’m going to the beach!

the first time i got my period was almost a year ago bu tmy mom says i can use a tampon till im at least 16. and i dont think i want to wear a pad in the pool. but i dont want to miss swimming. does anyone have any advice that could possibly work?

Hey girlie,

If you want to swim when you're on your period, you need to use a tampon.  Talk to your mom about maybe allowing you to use it when you swim!
Ruth S.

by blythebabe13 on 3/26/2011 9:57:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD When will I get my period? i'm only 11, but all my BFFs have it...my mom says I have to wait 2 years.

Hey girlie -- only time will tell Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pinklol56 on 3/26/2011 11:51:01 AM

Mod MOd mOD MOD!!!!!
I got my period today, it was expected a few days ago and it came today. I'm going swimming with my family tomorrow at the WI Dells! I've never used a tampon and it's embarrassing to ask my sis for one. What should I do? This weekend was supposed to be my spring break fun HELP!

Hey girlie! Don't be afraid to ask your sis. She's been through the exact same thing, so she knows how it feels. She'll be more than happy to help you out, and you'll get to enjoy the time with your family.

Clare W.

by rememberyouarebeautifultome on 3/23/2011 1:16:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my momma told me you didn't have to wear a tampon in the water because when you got into the water, it stopped. is that true for all the time? of just light flows?

Hey girlie. I've always wore a tampon in the water just to be safe.
Marly Z.

by lalaland97 on 3/21/2011 6:13:22 PM

Mod mod mod. I have some questions is having yellow discharge normal? And dose the amount of hair down there effect when I will get me period.and what dose discharge mean? Plz answer I really want to know. Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

I think I may have already answered your question on your other posts, but occasional yellow discharge is normal, and the hair shouldn't affect your period!  Check out our periods section: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx
Ruth S.

by Mickey mouse1234 on 3/19/2011 10:44:21 PM

MOD!
I just got my period for the first time two months ago. I skipped it last month, but today I saw this really dark discharge in my underwear.
It sounds weird, but could it be my period? It was brown, and my discharge is usually yellowish.
I'm really freaked out!

hey! It is probably your period
Helen S.

by xlovelovelove13 on 3/19/2011 4:42:27 PM

****BETH'S ADVICE IS BACK****
ASK AWAY! I won't deny any question and i will give it my best shot no matter what! Just comment on my profile and I will gladly answer it and then i will post you answer on your own profile, if its private IL post it on mine, but i rather it me on yours!!****

by X8Beth8X on 3/18/2011 11:14:42 PM

Mod- Am I supposed to see or feel the tampon bottom outside...after I inserted It I put the applicator in as much as it would go pushed it down and now it's no going in...Help!?

Hey girl, here are some posts that can hopefully help you out.

Caitlin F.

by i_luv_devin on 3/16/2011 1:56:54 PM

mod
i go to my camp all the time.the prob? the only adult girl there is my aunt and if i get my period while i am there idk how she'd react. also she'd have 2 buy me pads but i dont want my bros to know and make fun of me. i know i am probably overreacting to the whole thing but i need to know: should i tell my cousin emma 2 tell her mom or should i bring pads 2 begin with so nobody has 2 know? i relly freaking out plz help!!

Hey girl. It never hurts to be prepared for your period. You can keep some pads with you. But also, don't feel weird that you'd have to tell your aunt if it happens at camp. She's been there before and will be able to help you with it.
Marly Z.

by c3aser96 on 3/14/2011 7:01:34 PM

I started my period last month and its about that time again and i have been feeling tired, my stomach hurts a little and idk i just feel like i have been run over by a monster truck (havent really) i was just wondering if that means my period should be coming soon this month? Thanks for helping me!

hey girl! that could mean your period is coming soon. cramps are a good indicator, but i'm not sure exactly what the pains are like that you have been having. you may want to say something to your mom just in case!

Caitlin F.