1 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

2 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

3 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

COMMENTS

Spring break period probs

What should I do if I get my period during break? I’m going to the beach!

wow. the day after I started getting my period (my first period) I used a tampon it's not that hard!

by *Sigh* on 3/9/2011 2:57:08 PM

*MOD* *MOD* *MOD*
Hi Girlslife!
My friend is always saying your period stops in the water, and she's so sure about it! I've never actually researched but I'm pretty sure it's not true!Is it? You're period doesn't stop just because you're soaked in water...does it? Lol asking a lot Laughing but I'm just confused...and another question...
I get really heavy discharge right before my period but that's the only time when it's really heavy. Well, I just got off my period and I have really heavy discharge right now and I have cramps but it just ended last week. What is that? Is it normal?
thx Smile <3

Hey girl! Truth is, your period can stop when you're in cold water...like a pool or the ocean. Also, I'm not sure about having so much discharge right before or after your period. It should be when you're ovulating which is halfway through your cycle. You should probably ask your mom or doctor about it just to be safe. Hope this helps!

Caitlin F.

by maeve01 on 3/9/2011 1:30:37 PM

you actually can wear a pad while swimming! I did it once. All you have to do is wear boy-short bottoms and underwear underneath and put a pad with wings in the underwear...its uncomfortable but it works

by spazzychick101! on 3/9/2011 12:29:01 PM

That sucks

by i_luv_devin on 3/9/2011 2:23:58 AM

You have no choice, you need to wear a tampon if you are going to go swimming. If you have never used one I would start, its not that hard you just have to get used to using them. There are so many good articles on gl that goes over how to use them. Remember,

Relax
Use Lube if needed
Get at the right angle and position
And never leave them in to long

Its that easy, just make sure you get the right size and kind, we are all different.

by luckykel on 3/8/2011 10:21:06 PM

I got mine on my birthday last year and I was having a pool party. I had to sit out but my friends didn't mind at least.

by dancequeen12 on 3/8/2011 8:37:45 PM

yah i know right?

by animal hugger on 3/8/2011 8:33:13 PM

I've had my period 3 / 4 times and I'm worried because I'm taking a vacation this summer to the beach!! I've barely even gotten a hold of pads yet! So I hope I don't get it then.

by elizabethmariexo on 3/8/2011 8:15:42 PM

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 3/8/2011 7:39:34 PM

Haha I remember that I didn't have my period yet and then we went to Florida for a little over a week and I got it there. Which is weird, because I had decided three months earlier I would get it in Florida. Just trust your gut feelings, hun.
Also, the girl in the picture is GORGEOUS!!!

by purpleblack12 on 3/8/2011 7:34:48 PM