8 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

11 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

12 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Let the cupcake war begin!

Looking for a sweet way to have some fun with your whole crew this weekend? GL has cooked up the perf idea...

Sorry, 2 questions.
1) Does entering a GL contest multiple times increase your chances of winning?
2) If you do win something in the giveaway, will they send an email to you telling you you've won?
Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie! No worries. 1. Yep! So make sure to check 'em out as frequently as possible. 2. Yes, you will be notified.
Florence N.

by Lady Grey on 3/8/2013 1:10:37 PM

JellyBeanChick

by JellyBeanChick on 3/6/2013 10:25:17 AM

Today i had a soccer game and i was doing well. With 3 minutes left in the game the girl i was defending got the ball and i tried going after it. I missed her by a second and she smashed me in the face with her shoulder. I got a bloody nose and a weird red bump/ spot on my lower lip.
What i want to know is how do i cover it up because its redder the my actual lip and it feels weird? Got any tips? Thanks.

Hey emcee1, you could try lipgloss or lipstick. If it hurts or feels weird, it may be best to just put ice on it and leave it alone. Hope you feel better and good job on your game. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by emcee1 on 2/22/2013 7:00:20 PM

cool!!!! My dad loves to back and so do I so ill definitely do this sometime! I also have a huge book with sooo many cupcake recipes! It's called What's New Cupcake! Its Awesome!

by hmeyer on 2/19/2013 9:21:08 PM

I'm going to make my sis vanilla cupcakes with white frosting for her BD
I'm going to decorate the frosting with different colored M&MS
and I'm going to bake the M&MS inside the cupcake to
does that sound like a good idea?

Hey girl, that sounds like a great idea!  Your sis will love those fun and delish cupcakes.  Yum!

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 2/19/2013 10:58:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!
I won a prize in like the last week in December and I sent the email and everything and I still haven't got it Frown Its was Blush Frown When will it come!?

Hey girlie,

I would followup on your email and contact trish@girlslife.com--she'll help you get your prize! Congrats on winning!

Meghan D.

by nazirah817 on 2/18/2013 8:49:22 PM

for my sisters BD I'm going to make her vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting
and I'm going to decorate the frosting with different colored M&Ms does this sound like a good idea?

Hey girlie,

I think that sounds really cute, I'm sure your sis will love them!

Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 2/18/2013 5:37:38 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/18/2013 5:06:11 PM

This is such a great idea! Smile I'm definitely gonna try this out one day, if not this weekend.

by purplerainn on 2/18/2013 3:42:34 PM

I won the BFF rings, when do ya think it'll come?

Hey girl, congrats!  The company that made the rings will send them to you.  GL isn't in charge of sending the prizes directly to you, so we're not sure when you'll get them.

Karin E.

by pretty123 on 2/18/2013 1:19:04 PM

by funnybunny661 on 2/18/2013 12:50:28 PM

My birthday is like in a week and I have no idea what to do for my 14th bday party! So far I want to invite 5 friends over, but I have no clue what to do after that. I can't have a swimming party because I don't know how to swim.I wanna do something fun but inexpensive. Like what should we eat, what games should we play, and what movies will we watch? Will you please help me come up with a cheap party fast? Thanks! Smile

by queen elizabeth on 6/18/2011 2:07:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So, I wanna have a movie night. A really small one with 3 boys and 3 girls. The only thing is I have no clue what movies to watch I know I want there to be atleast a funny one and a scary one. Should I have any other movies? What kind of food should I have? Any other tips to make it funner I would love!!!! Thanks!!!! Smile

Hey girl, why not have all your friends bring their fave movies, and you all can put to a vote? As for food, go for snacks: popcorn, Goldfish, pretzels — munchies like that!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sports12 on 4/7/2011 9:48:10 PM

I never can have parties, sleepovers, ect. because I live next door to a really mean girl who is in my grade at my school. Whenever I do have friends over she'll invite herself over. I've tried many times to include her, but every time she ends up being mean to everyone and ruining my time. What should I do? Please don't recommend inviting her too. Thanks.

Hey girlie. When you have sleepovers, try to tell only the girls that you want to come, to come. And tell them not to spread it around because you just want a small get together. That should do the trick!
Marly Z.

by kelaboo on 3/21/2011 3:51:28 PM

Those cupcakes looks yummy! *drools*

by i_luv_devin on 3/11/2011 12:49:30 AM

HEY GIRLS! new ballet club please check it out!

by ballet~talk on 3/10/2011 10:42:37 PM

this would be super fun but my mom would go, "this costs money! ill make cupcakes for me not them plus i dont want ppl in my house!!!it will make a mess!!!" then she will say something in spanish......my dad might say yes though

by oreo9347 on 3/10/2011 10:40:26 PM

omg! i did this yesterday!!!!!

by M-chum on 3/10/2011 9:25:03 PM

this sounds so cool! what would be some good themes for the cupcakes? i was thinking more about movies rather than girliest.... that way we make a few cupcakes
What do you think?

Hey girl, I think in terms of an event like this, it's best to keep categories as open as possible and spread out — that way no one's creativity is stifled!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by robin13133 on 3/10/2011 9:02:09 PM

Its a cupcake article for heavens sake.

by Markers13 on 3/10/2011 8:48:07 PM

@girlsliferocksss98

I would do this. My friends would join in. My guy friends love sweet food (well any food, really), and I always think these are sucks great ideas. I'm in no way at all trying to be rude, but speak for yourself. And if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. This is a positive website and I'm sure every other girl would agree that there should be no negativity here.

by Markers13 on 3/10/2011 8:47:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
If I emailed GL how long does it take for a reply? It's about an article I'm suggesting they write. I emailed them Sunday. When do you think they will reply?

Hey girl, it's hard to say but editor's e-mails pile up fast. You can always contact us here with article ideas so your e-mail won't be lost in the inbox jazz: http://www.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Coco Chanel Gabrielle on 3/10/2011 8:38:33 PM

Every time GL has one of these things, it just doesn't seem like a thing people would actually do. People wouldn't get into it or they would just think it's a stupid idea. And seriously, you think guys would do this too?

by girlsliferocksss98 on 3/10/2011 8:13:21 PM

This is such a cute idea!

by soccerhottie45 on 3/10/2011 8:03:14 PM

i like this idea! (: I'm so gunna do this.

by selenaack11 on 3/10/2011 7:38:31 PM

Body issues
Fitness
Eating right
Tough stuff
Singing
Acting
And anything else you can think of! And if I can't answer your question, I'll try to point you to someone who can. So if you need help now, leave a comment on my profile. I promise to get back to you ASAP. And I come on GL usually at least once a day, so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

by supersingershannon on 3/10/2011 7:16:31 PM

that sounds fun... too bad i gave up all sweets for lent... Frown

by mrslautner2016 on 3/10/2011 6:40:26 PM

That might actually give me a reason to be allowed to make cupcakes. I've wanted to for a while, but haven't been allowed to. YAY! Cupcakes are sooooooo cute and fun to decorate!

by Pansy Penny on 3/10/2011 6:22:13 PM

MOD-
when will the new issue of GL come out? or when will the issue be finished? do u have an idea, sorry i am sure u get sick of people asking it but i can't wait for the style issue! Thanks so much!!

Alyssa B.

by volleychick879 on 3/10/2011 4:59:53 PM

Wonderful!!!!!!

by Emerald_Sparkles on 3/10/2011 4:15:27 PM

i love the show cupcake wars! this is a great idea im gona do it sometime!

by Pigletluver on 3/10/2011 3:22:27 PM

MODMODMOD
I have choppy layers. Otherwise known as "scene layers" and as my hair is getting longer I continue to go get my layers trimmed so I keep my style. Well the lady at the salon accidentally cut one of my layers about 1 inch-2 inches from my head. now it sticks up. I already have thin(ish) hair that only has volume when i tease it so you can really tell. It sticks like straitttt up. Is there any way i can fix that? or atleast make it look less noticeable?

Alyssa B.