10 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

13 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

14 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Freaked about flying for the first time? Here's how to deal

My fam is going to Orlando for spring break and I don't know what to expect or what to pack. Help!

I've been flying since I was about 2, I love it!!!!I especially love going overseas. I usually just bring a small backpack on the flight with me, with stuff like gum, mp3 player, a sleeping mask, earplugs, stuff to keep busy with, magazines, books, other stuff...

by monkeygal22 on 3/12/2011 7:26:21 PM

i love flying to keep your ears from poppong bring earbuds or gum and if they pop yawn it will help

by caca35 on 3/12/2011 5:58:33 PM

flying is sooo uch fun!! ive been on a plane about... 10 or 15 times its funn!!! its not 2 bad! just chew gum! it keeps from ur ears going crazy!!! HAV FUN!!

by txterluver77! on 3/12/2011 2:45:32 PM

I haven't been on a plane in 11 years

HEY GIRLS! new ballet club please check it out!

by ballet~talk on 3/12/2011 2:44:55 PM

Don't worry about the plane! You sound EXACTLY like I did before I went on my first plane ride a few months back (and I'm 14, if that makes you feel any better!) I was shaking for the 1st part of the day at school before we left for the airport! But the airplane ended up being one of my FAVORITE parts of the trip to Florida!!! Try to get a window seat too! I packed a bunch of stuff in my carry on, but I really didn't use much of it, I just looked out the window the whole time Smile as for the ear popping, by the end of the trip I taught myself how to yawn on command, which really helped @ takeoff & landing! Gum works too, I brought my fave flavor and it helped a lot! The earpopping isn't that bad though. I'm sure you will have so much fun! Be sure to look out the window because the view is absolutely AMAZING!!! Have a blast chica!!

by LuckyDucky14 on 3/12/2011 12:25:16 PM

I've been on a plane 4 times, flying isn't bad at all!

by caitlingirl1997 on 3/12/2011 12:09:30 PM

ive never even been on a plane before Frown

by Alle93 on 3/12/2011 11:56:34 AM

Flying isn't bad at all! The workers at the airport r really nice, and the flight is fun if you have tunes, reading, puzzles, drawing, ect. I used to worry about getting air-sick, and the stress of that would make me sick, so just relax. I have been flying since I was 9 weeks old. Laughing

by spicyllamachick2120 on 3/12/2011 11:12:10 AM

Just be warned that sometimes the gum and swallowing doesn't work for ear popping. I've flown several times, and each time the gum nor swallowing works for me. Then as we land, my ears pop really loud and then 'clog up' or whatever, and I can't hear a thing for several hours after the flight!! xD
Then suddenly it goes away. It's very strange. Don't be scared, it's just the body's natural reaction to the air pressure change. Brittany G.

by CursaLeStrange on 3/12/2011 11:04:47 AM

Hey everyone! (:
My name is Samii and I want to help give advice on Girls Life! I check GirlsLife.com all the time basically.
Ask questions or just get to know ME on my profile on topics of:
-Homework Help