12 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

15 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

16 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

How can I move on after my dad's death?

My dad died a couple of months ago and everyone keeps saying "I know how you feel." But they don't.

Hey girl, I'm really sorry. I don't know how it feels to lose a parent but i lost my godfather (my uncle)and my brother who i was really close to and it's been 4 years for my uncle and 10 years for my bro and it still really hurts. But here's my advice,don't forget him but don't dwell on it all the time and try to do things that really make you happy and ask your friends not to bring it up.....I know it's hard but it does get easier over time.(: I Hope you feel better,I know it's hard

by meg1217 on 3/30/2011 9:47:11 PM

Best wishes to you and your family, tho. And also remember that it's okay to cry.

by Blueeyes67 on 3/30/2011 8:33:47 PM

You won't EVER get over a parents death. My dad committed suicide over 12 years ago. I can't remember him at all, but sometimes I wake up and I think that it couldn't have happened to me. I know my situation is different than yours, but there isn't any use in trying to get over your dad, even if you never really knew him. Think of good times with yours. Appreciate the time you got with him,

by Blueeyes67 on 3/30/2011 8:06:34 PM

hey girl, i've never really experienced the loss of my parents, but when my grandaddy died i didn't cry. I knew how selfish it would be to cry over him and want him to suffer in the horrible place, Earth. Just know that he now has eteral with the greatest thinng ever, your creator. He now is in a perfect world and you will see him again one day. This is what i beleive please don't get offended.
Smile<3

by em11ily on 3/30/2011 8:03:41 PM

OMG. i am so sorry. i wish u the best. always remember ur daddy and never 4get him.

by soccerlover99 on 3/30/2011 7:06:54 PM

hey girl, im sooo sorry. I was reading a biography, someone said that "loosing your dad isn't ever something that you get over, more something that you learn to live with, it becomes a part of you"

by rach<3kampkohut on 3/30/2011 6:16:50 PM

Hey girl I know how you feel! My dad died a year and a half ago and I had a hard time too. What I did to help move on, not forget about him, was talk to your school counselor or some close friends. Your friends should be there for you and will listen, as will your school counselor. Hang in the girl! It gets better with time!

by irish514 on 3/30/2011 5:54:34 PM

I lost my dad when i was 5 and now i am almost 16.It is hard i know how you feel. I would tell them that you are going to feel this way for some time and that you wish they would support you a little more. Hope the advice will help.

Kat

by dnce10156 on 3/30/2011 5:44:18 PM

hey girl, i'm soooo sorry. my dad dies 4 years ago. i won't say any stuff like "you'll move on" or "i know how you feel" cause i know how annoying that is. i can't say that u'll completely get over it, but life WILL get better and easier. i promise you that. if u ever need to talk, just comment on my profile. i don't know you, but i'll be here for you Smile hang in there girlie, everything's going to be fine.

by mangochick12 on 3/30/2011 5:28:16 PM

Hey I am sssooo sorry about ur dad dying. I wish there was something I could do to help. My advice is to pray. I know I will be praying and I mean it.

by ElvisTwente on 3/30/2011 4:49:09 PM