AN HOUR AGO Who wants to get paid to play with puppies? 🙋 :http://t.co/yTJ71zaS1nn

1 HOURS AGO Exactly what to get your besties for under $20: http://t.co/7DhXVivyTq

2 HOURS AGO Looking for your next thriller? Enter to win a copy of Undertow by @SharkProse: http://t.co/FHGFzSDntG

COMMENTS

Craft paper cranes for Japan

In response to the devastating earthquake and tsunami, DoSomething.org is sponsoring a Paper Cranes for Japan initiative…

when i was in the 4th grade at EVERY recess my class would make paper cranes. we had counters, folders and carriers. we gave out 4 min breaks and then switch off. at the end of the year we gave our thousand paper cranes to a teacher who was leaving. u girls should try it. they are easy to make... and who knows maybe you will get one wish. good luck Smile

by lgraciarod on 8/8/2012 5:28:31 PM

We did this for art, but I think it was for our crane foundation...

by jennal923 on 5/14/2011 6:10:59 PM

pop749722

I really hope you are joking. These people in japan have lost everything-not just things like their tvs, ipods, or clothes, but their family and friends have been killed in this tragedy. Think about it- after one day, one day only, you look around and realize, my friends are dead or injured. my family is gone. i have no food, no money, no clothes, no toys, no school, no education, no HOPE. what we are doing is trying to bring them hope. my class started an organization similar to this after a girl in my class had her parents and cousin died in a car accident, and we collected 400 of them. she started crying when she saw all of these, and she later told theclass that she was going to kill herself because she felt so depressed and griefed after what happened, but realized that after seeing these, she had true friends to get through her time of need, and that she had hope. if this helped ONE GIRL, imagine what 100,00 of these will do to help billions of people?

by zgirl85 on 4/20/2011 5:17:40 PM

i'm making a crane!(:

by <3luvlife<3 on 3/29/2011 1:31:59 PM

pop749722, first of all, people in Japan can't even go to the swimming pool or hang out right now... and you don't have to even say that making these cranes for Japan is a 'tree waster' or whatever.
being mean is not my purpose in this message. It's just wrong to say that...

by <3luvlife<3 on 3/29/2011 1:31:01 PM

My school is doing this! They're really fun to make.

by girlsliferocksss98 on 3/28/2011 9:53:03 PM

I really hope that japen gets better and gets cleaned up i really felt bad when i heard what happend to them

by monkey99H on 3/24/2011 6:24:49 PM

This is really nice! Not only that it benifits thoose who have been harmed by the tsunami, but its very sppecail nto me. My parents lived in Japan for 5 years on a U.S Naval Base and my older sister was born there. Last year My friend Victoria was dignosed with Lukemia, like Sadako after the atomic bomb was droped on Japan(though hers was not radiaation induced.Some kids at my school wanted to fold some cranes for her. we tried but the ended up looking like boats. Thank you so so so so so much for sharinging this.

Tabi B

by Bubblez9722 on 3/24/2011 9:29:48 AM

pop749722, You think helping people in Japan is stupid? And guess what, trees are a renewable resource, it'll grow back. I don't know whether you just didn't actually read the whole article or-actually, you would have had to have known that this is to help Japan, because it says so in the title. Why do you think helping people in a country that's recently been ravaged by a natural disaster is stupid?

I'm not trying to be rude, just wondering why you are.

by pinkandlime on 3/24/2011 7:48:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Now that my crush is taken (He asked my BFF out and she said yes), I have noticed that his best friend really likes me. I kinda like him back. He is soooo sweet to me. I live in his neighborhood and I want to casually tell him that mabye I'll "see ya 'round the neighborhood or something. Anyway i could sorta ask him?
P.S. My Bff being my crush's GF hasn't ruined our friendship, but it has ruined my crush's friendship. Now everytime he sees me, I avoid eye contact. Any way we could be friends again despite my broken heart?

Helen S.