1 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

2 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

3 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

COMMENTS

Expensive daughter feeling guilty

All of the activities I’m involved in cost a lot of money. I love doing them, but I feel bad about making my parents pay for my fun…

hey does anybody go to a private all girls school and want to be a vice president?

by prettypersuasion on 8/18/2011 8:25:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please please please please please please help me out. My family is in a really tight spot. The economy is really bad & like many other people. My parents are REALLY REALLY behind on bills. My dad cant work, he's disabled so only my mom works. She dosent get paid that much in the summer because business is so slow. I really wanna help my parents so badly. I need ways to raise money. But Im only 13! Please give me easy tips! My parents wont accept my 18 karat earing & necklace set. Sure it means alot to me but I hate seeing my parents so helpless. Family always comes first
Please help me! Frown((

Helen S.

by SweetCupcakes! on 7/20/2011 8:42:05 PM

mod
hi. my mom just lost her job, i cant help but being extremely nervous, i always think we r gonna lose our house, wenever i talk about she always immediately dismisses it and says itll all be fine, but she cood barely hand over 50 dollars for my sisters phone, how bad are things and wat can i do to help and stop worrying so much. and i cant talk about it with my frends bcuz they r all RICH (so much so that if they dropped 100 dollars on the ground, they woodnt bother picking it up) and i feel really bad becuz i do anything and everything i can with sports and in music which is kinda expensive

Alyssa B.

by guitargirl7321 on 5/26/2011 6:47:57 PM

MOD
My dad hasn't had a job since august but does iphone developing and my mom only makes $40 a week. I feel stressed about it all the time especially because there's five people in our family even though i know i shouldn't . To be honest, I'm not quite sure I want an answer and maybe i'm just venting. I walk to school now and I try not to waste anything.
I feel guilty if I even think of asking for something. What are ways of making my own money so I can pay for things myself?

hey girlie,

yes, times are definitely tough and i know it's easy to get frustrated sometimes--however, I would encourage you to stay positive and always look on the bright side--you still have each other, and you have the motivation to support your family, which is really great and important.  It's great that you are already trying to save money by not wasting things and walking to school--that's a wonderful start.  It may be difficult for young people to get jobs, but you can look into cafes, restaurants, or diners that are always in need of extra help (especially during the summer).  You can also try looking into some retail jobs or working at a theme park.  Sometimes it helps to make some extra cash from selling stuff, whether it's your own crafts at online stores like Esty (esty.com) or on Ebay.  Of course, there is always babysitting too, so talk to people you know--they may be able to help you find a job or get connected to someone who could help you.  Hang in there, girlie--work hard and stay positive! Smile
Ruth S.

by ninjaoctopus on 5/21/2011 11:57:28 PM

whats the email for tough stuff and dear carol? my computer wont let me access it.

by danigirl198 on 4/13/2011 7:23:55 PM

Hey ladies please visit both my profile and my website at www.advicegirly263.blogger.com! I will answer all questions you can throw at me!!!!! Doesn't matter what they are about! Please tell your friends

by advicegirly263 on 3/23/2011 2:39:38 PM

I honestly think you should talk to your parents about it and see what they think. I am sure they will listen and find a reasonable way to figure the situation out.

by erita234 on 3/21/2011 5:27:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
My parents are so strict! I don't think they understand that i'm 13: I'm not allowed to wear nail polish, let alone makeup, boys are out of the question and they pressure me on my school work even if i'm already first of my class! I'm too scared to talk to them about it.
Please help!
Kayla.

Hey girlie,

Sometimes parents can be strict because they are very concerned for providing the best for us.  Don't be afraid to talk to your parents--communication is key.  They care about you and want only what is best for you--so if you are honest about what you want and let them know how it can benefit you, then they may be more open to new ideas.  Don't yell or be angry about it...continue to show respect and show them that they can trust you Smile

Ruth S.

by kayla9 on 3/19/2011 10:25:17 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD, I've been having a real tough time the last 4 months going through depression and I have been covering it up ever since from my friends and family, I'm alright now and feeling better for about a month and a half.
but, today my Head of Year (like principal of our grade) at school wanted to talk to me and was asking if I was ok with everything at home and school, and I suddenly felt on the brink of tears and said I was fine, I felt guilty afterwards lying like that.
I feel like what's the point of talking about it if im ok now, but why am I still feeling bad?
I feel guilty and bad that i'm not as close to my friends because I don't open up to them and I'm just lying to them when I should be trusting them Frown

Hey girlie, don't feel bad, but the fact that you almost broke down tells me your not completely over it, it's okay to go back to your head of year and say could we talk and then tell him the truth. He will definitely understand and be there for you. He won't harp on the fact that you were scared to tell him the truth. He could probably already tell something was up. You definitely should try opening up to a trusted adult they can help

Paige T.

by shockingpink on 3/19/2011 4:13:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
my big bro (hes 16) is really not social, he doesnt talk to our family (my mom and i) pretty much at all when he doesnt have to, but right now im really concerned about him, one of his friends died from a car really really bad car wreck and he wont talk about or even aknowledge it, i know hes sad and maybe depressed about it but i dont know how to help him or what to do! Frown we have never been close but i still am super concerned for him cuz idk how good of friends they were or anything.... please help!

Bonjour chicky! This sounds like a great moment to talk to either your parents or counselor. I know you are worried for your brother and want to make sure he stays safe which is why it's really important to have an adult involved for it is a lot of work and pressure for one girl alone. An adult can give you the aid and tools you need to get your brother on the right track

Jessica W.