Bridget M.

is modding

10 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

13 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

14 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Snag that dream job: I wanna...be a makeup artist

Always the one to do your friends’ makeup for dances? Your dream job awaits!

i want to be a cop when i get older. but, my mom pointed out 2 me that you have to see dead bodies. and you sometimes have to shoot people. i just cant handle that kind of stuff. shouod i handle it? or b come my 2nd choice a hair dresser? plz help me decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey girl, you have plenty of time to decide! Who knows you could decide to be a teacher or an artist by the time you graduate college!

lauren r.

by btrlvr81 on 3/28/2012 7:33:55 PM

I wanna be a makeup artist. I just don't know were to start

by laughz1 on 1/6/2012 11:44:18 PM

i want to be a fashion designer when i'm older so i started a fashion blog. check it out at: www.aneverydayrunway.blogspot. com w/ spaces ythat an every day runway. leave comments so i know what you think! thanks

by opal angel on 9/24/2011 2:55:50 PM

i dont like mascara and eye liner cause once i was in a play and we hade to wear eye liner even though we were like 8! and it kept getting in my eyes and made them water but we couldn't cry or it would run!

by madsterw1 on 8/10/2011 6:52:05 PM

Dear Catie C.
Thanks so much and yeah i do like to dabble in almost everything haha

No problem! Glad to help!

Catie C.

by kaboodle on 8/5/2011 12:07:33 PM

I love kids. And once i read dave pelzers book "a child called it" (plus family history) i knew i wanted to be a social worker. I tell my family and friends this and theyre all discouraging me cuz it doesnt pay well. Well it kinda got to me cuz now im thinking i wanna maybe work at a mag. like girlslife because i really love fashion and giving advice and i always get compliments on my outfits. i was thinking tht or being a model cuz since i was little i was told i shud be and ive modeled(live, runway) for a store in my city and it was a lot of fun and also got more offers to do it.
im really confused on what i should do. i really need to make a decision soon cuz im 15 and am going to start interning/applying for jobs soon. In your opinion, what should i do?
Thanks so much Smile

Hey girly,

The first thing you need to know is that you should go for your dreams, no matter what people tell you. Also, don't worry, you still have plenty of time to make those big decisions, so just calm down and try to just let yourself figure out what it wants to do on it's own time.  You seem to be a girl who likes all sorts of things, so no worries, you will find out what you want to do eventually, so don't put so much pressure on yourself to make a choice now.

Catie C.

by kaboodle on 8/5/2011 10:18:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm a tween (not sure if i can say my age) and i LOOOOOVE makeup, and I was wondering if I could do makeup for a part time job. I don't think I'm all that good but people I've done makeup on say that they look amazing. Do you think I'll be able to do it?

Hey girl, you're a little young right now, but I'd definitely talk to your local make-up reps at Sephora or another specialty store and ask about opportunities and things you can do now because you have an interest in make-up. They'll have tips!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 7/26/2011 11:30:54 PM

Mod...
How can you even become a makeup artist (for fun, not majoring in cosmetics) ?

Hey girlie. Well, first you have to have expertise in doing makeup, so you should go to a cosmetology school. Then, try to get in contact with makeup artists to see how they got into the field. The best way is to probably ask to shadow one and go from there. Good luck!
Marly Z.

by violaplayer09 on 5/2/2011 5:16:14 PM

i really love eyeshadow but my eyes arnt even so it looks weird

by XxrainbowgirlxX on 4/8/2011 11:18:48 PM

hey guys if your looking for a club to join that is all amout makeup, boys,and fashio look for FASHION 101

by rocki9947 on 3/29/2011 9:57:31 AM

I love makeup. It's not even the fact that it makes you look pretty, it's just the creativity and expression you have with it. It's also a huge boost of confidence, and it just makes you feel so girly, if that's your style. I love just playing around with it. Laughing

by writergirl12 on 3/24/2011 8:51:52 PM

i love doing other people's makeup! if only my sister would let me Frown

by whunter on 3/23/2011 6:51:04 PM

Is being an author UR dream job? if the anwer is yes, plz check out the "I <3 writing" club!

by pebo11 on 3/21/2011 4:18:19 PM

I have always wanted to be a makeup artist.i am always doing my friend's or practicing my own makeup.how should i get started?PLEASE HELP!!

by cheekymonkey1 on 3/20/2011 8:48:48 PM

mod mod- I have this dream to prusure a career in the fashiopn indristry as a model, fashion deisgner and make-up artist...any tips to help me, maybe how i could get started in modelling????

Hey girlie,

Glad you have an idea of what you would like to pursue!  Here are some articles that may be helpful:

Good luck Smile
Ruth S.

by kylee_cheer on 3/19/2011 11:37:57 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi! im going to church tomorrow and need a gorgeous yet casual hairstyle..what should i do?

hey girlie,

how about trying new accessories like headbands, pins, hats, or even a flower in your hair? You can always try a side ponytail...or some curls with a curling iron!

Ruth S.

by bluejaygirl101 on 3/19/2011 11:32:26 PM

Hey girls!
Need advice? Ask me anything... boys, school, family, friends, ANYTHING! I'm a normal teenage girl just like you so i have probably encountered some of the same things you all have so ask away!

by bb01unouwantme on 3/19/2011 10:39:07 PM

Mod!
Hi! Lately I've been having a problem with my friends-all they talk about is college. My friend wants to b a vet. So they have to geT a scholarship. All they talk about is college, it's driving me crazy! Also, she is sleeping through lunch cause she does so many extracuriclar activities she has to do her hw @11pm. They told me they don't like all their extra stuff! How can I get her to stop talking about college and should I do something about her sleeping through lunch? Were only in 8th!
Thanks soooo much!

hey! you just need to introduce different convo topics. and tell your friend to stop running herself into the ground!
Helen S.

by Soccerlova1 on 3/19/2011 4:36:15 PM

Mod
So umm yeah. I like this guy, and I think he likes me back. He always puts his hand on my shoulder when were just talking. And his friend said he liked me. And , I was walking down the hall at school, and I heard his friend shout "Show me what one's her!" and then he litterally stopped me from walking, put his arms around me and asked me how i was doing. He also was telling people we kissed, and that never happened. Whataya think I should do? Thank yu!!

hey! well if he bugs you tell him to cut it out but if not see if he wants to hang out Smile
Helen S.

by Little Miss Love Me on 3/19/2011 3:42:02 PM

mod mod- i have small eyes. what can make my eyes look bigger???

Hey girlie, try using eye liner and lash lengthening mascara

Paige T.

by c.rogers954 on 3/19/2011 11:52:07 AM

COME JOIN THE OFFICIAL PRETTY GIRLS ONLY CLUB!!!!!
COME APPLY ON MY PAGE FOR A CHANCE A VICE PRESIDENT, BOY SPECIALIST, BEAUTY FASHION AND MAKEUP SPECIALIST, AND HEALTH SPECIALIST
ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD ON APRIL 3, 2011
GOOD LUCK
<3 PRETTY GIRLS ONLY

by prettygirlsonly on 3/19/2011 11:08:42 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Help! I really want to change up my style a little(haven't done it in FOREVER!)but I'm not sure what to go with.I don't want to seriously blow my budget But want to change it up a little. Any advice?

Hey girlie! GL has tons of style tips in our Style section. Also, check out Forever21 -- it's an awesome place for fab finds that won't break the bank Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by cougargirl on 3/19/2011 10:49:53 AM

Where has this one been? I had a feeling it'd be an article at some point too! But, that seems like a fun job, but I have other plans for now.. Brittany G.

by biskii on 3/19/2011 10:31:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok so i created a club....but then i realized im too busy to run it so how can i delete it?

Hey girlie! Check out this article on the rules of the clubs, where you'll find how to delete your club:  http://www.girlslife.com/page/rules-of-the-road-clubs.aspx Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sassykitty60 on 3/18/2011 9:49:37 PM

Hey Guys! its Emily, I just wanna tell u about my club, Be Unique!Smile take a look and consider applying for my open positions secretary, treasurer, VP, health consultant, and beauty consultant.
just tell me your username, age, and why you want the position. also tell me any experience you have as an advice giver.
K thx so much!! ILY, oboeguardgirl Smile Brittany G.

by oboeguardgirl on 3/18/2011 9:21:58 PM

haah that's me! The one doing all my friend's makeup, but I could never be a makeup artist, i have other dreams Smile Brittany G.

by mackenzie.dineen.xox on 3/18/2011 9:02:37 PM

I love doing my friends make-up!!
Check out my club for make-up tips!
Club Y-O-U

Tennisgirl17<3

by Tennisgirl17 on 3/18/2011 6:25:41 PM

makeup is fun Smile one time i had some friends over and me and my other friend did the makeup of 1 of my friends who is fairly plain-but still amazing!! it was so fun and she liked it a lot!If anyone needs advice, just ask! i'll reply ASAP!!
~baconlvr711~

by baconlvr711 on 3/18/2011 5:17:52 PM

***MOD MOD MOD***
ok:
so last year, ther was this guy i rly liked, adam. he moved away this year, + is coming bak next year. i was sad, but then had a crush on his bff, jake. it was ok, and my bff, anna told me that she IM'd adam and he sed he rly rly likes me. so, then my OTHER friend, jojo, were not so close, sed that jake RLY likes me + adam im'd her too, and sed he liked me. i found out that jojo rly rly rly rly likes adam, and she was heartbroken wen she found out he liked me. and anna told me i shud go for adam next year, cuz i RLY like him + he likes me, but i also rly RLY like jake. so, how can i help jojo find someone that likes her bak, cuz i feel kinda bad for "stealing" her crush, even tho it wasnt on purpose! also, do u think jake likes me? he flirts w/ me + talks 2 me in class, steals my stuff playfully and lafs @ my jokes, and smiles, i caught him looking @ me twice. and, what shud i do? go for jake or adam? (i can see myself with both of them).
Thnx so much! xoxo

Helen S.

by edamame on 3/18/2011 4:39:26 PM

i <3 2 do makeup.

by janerbuy on 3/18/2011 3:38:30 PM

Need Advice? Look no further! I'll give you, a long answer chock full of info. No question too long, too personal or too weird. Ask on my profile and I'll answer un yours unless upon request.

by peacelovejesus on 3/18/2011 12:18:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so my hair is pretty thick and like wavy and it is light brown-reddish!
1)On my scalp and behind my ears is feels like there is sand. I told my mom and she said I have never had lice, but its really asnoyiing help?
2)The Ends of my hair look really healthy and the top of my head looks really dry.??
3) What is a inexpensive shampoo an dconditioner that works really good?

Bonjour chicky! The sand stuff behind your ears might actually be dandruff. You can get rid of that easily by using Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner. It's a great product for a great price and you can find it at any grocery store

Jessica W.