1 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

2 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

3 HOURS AGO Serious question, girl... WHY ARE YOU STILL SINGLE? http://t.co/dJowf9GVWE

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

MOD MOD MOD!!! I HAVE DISCHARGE HOW DO I ASK MY MOM TO LET ME USE PANTYLINERS PLZ HELP ITS URGENT!!!

Hey girl. I would just ask politely, explain the problem, and I'm sure she'll be understanding. Just bite the bullet and ask. xx

Hannah M

by iceelover101 on 6/26/2013 2:20:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey mod I was wondering if you could tell me if I am close to my period I know you cant tell me exactly but could you tell me if I am at least possibly close. so I am 10 11 on aug 13 and I have had discharge for about 8-9 months and when it dries or when it comes out I am not sure it is light yellow. I amso have clear is it normal that I have different colors. but I also need advice on how to ask my mom to use a pantyliner so please help I also have gotten worse allergies and diarrhea also very short but painful cramps and mood swings so do you think I would start my period soon? sorry this is so long thanks mods

Hey girl! Sorry, but I have no clue when your period will come! You seem to have some of the signs, but if your symptoms become too painful, you should see a doctor. Good luck! xx

Hannah M

by iceelover101 on 6/26/2013 1:30:27 AM

Hey guys!
I just wanted to share some advice with y'all ok so if ur familiar with discharge, most people's first period is basically like that except with blood instead of the clear/white fluid. What I like to use is the U by Kotex slender regular tampons; never use more protection than what u need when it come to tampons. For pads I like the U by Kotex CleanWear regular pads. I only wear these at night because I don't like wearing a tampon at night incase because I'm afraid to. I also wear U by Kotex pantiliners before I start my period and after it ends just to catch any bloody discharge. I seriously recomend the Always wipes. This helps keep u fresh and clean and fights odor. They come in to go packs; perfect for ur purse. Also I love midol for cramps, etc. cuz it helps all the symptoms and is made for ur period. I'm inlove with Kotex products I will never stop using them! You can order them online too! So informational too! http://m.ubykotex.com/default.aspx

by cuddlebug143 on 1/25/2013 10:30:29 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I was gonna go out with my crush today, (he invited me to a movie) but I totally forgot that my mom scheduled a gyno appointment for me today, because we think I might have a yeast infection. What do they do at those kind of appointments? I'm scared, I heard they stick something "up there" and it hurts. Is that true???!?

Hey girl, it's not too bad. Your doc is gentle and gives you a heads up of what's going on. Not all exams are physical either: the first time I went, we just talked thing out. Take a deep breath and rest assured: it'll be just fine!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/29/2012 6:15:10 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I'm getting a little worried. I think I might have a yeast infection. I've had discharge for like 2 years but lately it's been smelling weird, and it looks yellow. Also I'm really itchy down there. Does it sound like a yeast infection? But I'm too scared to tell my mom. I have a male doctor. What will they do to check if I do have an infection?

Hey! your doctor will have to examine you to see if you're really infected. If you feel uncomfortable with that you can talk to your doctor about having a female doctor step in to examine you. the only way to really feel reassured is to talk to your doctor about all of these questions Smile To be honest, that's what we mods just have to tell you guys when you come to us with any health concerns. You may very well be fine, but since we're not doctors and we can't even see you face to face, it's not for us to tell you what's fine and what isn't. You know your body. Trust your instincts and talk to your doc!

Helen S.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/27/2012 3:48:51 PM

MOD! ok so i have had a couple headaches and they hurt and also stomach cramps but no period,, my mom got hers when she was 15, im 11 but she said i look like im doveloping faster than her when she was my age. so is it possible i could have my period before she did? i have all the symptoms exept armpit hair

hey! yes that's totally possible, good luck!

Helen S.

by 11salmagirl on 8/14/2012 8:50:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! i have been haveing stomach cramps lately and no period even though i have all the things to exept armpit hair,,, is my period comming??? HELP im confused

Hey! everyone is different and there's no way to know for sure. just be patient and it will happen.

Helen S.

by 11salmagirl on 8/14/2012 6:00:39 PM

Mod mod mod.
I got my period for the first time last December. I normally get it every twenty days, but it's been about thirty since my last one. I've used up a whole bunch of my panty liners, because I'm scared Aunt Flow'll stop by while I'm not paying attention, and I'll bleed through my clothes. I've been having horrible cramps, and a lot of discharge for like a week, but my period still won't come. Should I be worried?
Thanks!

Hey girl!

Check out our page to find out tons of information on your period! http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx

And if you still can't find the answer to your question, ask your mom, a trusted adult, or give your doc a ring. Better to ask someone then to continue wondering if everything is OK down there!
Rachael A.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 1:31:20 AM

Mod mod mod
okay so I know I comment a lot but I love yalls advice!!! Okay so I hit 100 pounds!!(yay) and idk why but i've been feelin kinda moody lately and it's really annoying me!!! I also have been like achy and crampy. What's goin on??? My mom just says "you're a growing girl" once I tol her but idk what she was implying. Does she mean like my period! Anyway, thanks for ur great advice(:

Hey babe,

Your mom's actually very right, your weight fluctuates as you grow.  Your body just has a changing metabolism and generally changes as your weight distributes across your body too.
Jordan S.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/26/2012 8:50:18 PM

MOd mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay so my friend wears tampons everyday! Even the days she's not on her period! And it's the jumbo ones too! I tried to tell her it's bad and she just waved me off. And what's even worse is she doesn't change them all day! I'm scared for her! How do I get thru to her???? Thanks mod!!

Hey girl,

Yikes! You're right that it's not good for your pal -- not changing a tampon on your period can lead to toxic shock syndrome, and there's no point in wearing a tampon when you're not bleeding! She may be wearing them because she's embarrassed about discharge, so encourage her to speak with your school nurse, counselor, doctor or a parent. Once she accepts why she's doing it, she can solve the problem with other solutions like pantiliners that are less dangerous!

Meghan D.