AN HOUR AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

1 HOURS AGO This book definitely hits it outta the park! Enter to win a FREE copy of Fast-Pitch Love from @AstraeaPress today: http://t.co/jHVWU9v01z

2 HOURS AGO Srsly, is this No-Shave November or No-Man November? Tell us why you're still single: http://t.co/RLnjoWMtNM

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

MOD MOD MOD!
I haven't gotten my period for this month. It's way past the date I thought I was supposed to get it and I'm usually very regular. And my period usually comes around the time I expect it. I have to wear white pants this Friday for a very important family event. What if my period comes then? I won't have a lot of time to keep checking into the bathroom. What should I do?

Hey girlie. Wear a pad just incase!
Marly Z.

by browneyedpretty on 3/30/2011 4:08:11 PM

MOD
every time i have my period i ruin a bunch of pairs of underwear. is there anything i can do so i don't have to keep buying them? thanks!

Hey girlie! Try getting a heavier tampon or pads with wings (depending on what you use). I had the same problem for years! Hope this helps Smile

Caitlin F.

by sadulin4495 on 3/30/2011 3:29:39 PM

Mod mOd mOd!!
Ok, so i ended my period like the end of february and haven't had it all this month (march). Is that weird?

Hey girl! Your period is supposedly going to be every 28 days or 4 weeks, but many girls don't have an exact schedule as to when they're going to start. Some start early and some can start way late. It may take girls years to  get their bod on a reg period schedule, so you have nothing to worry about!

Caitlin F.

by emycoke on 3/30/2011 3:19:17 PM

MOD MOD!!
So i started my period today and need to tell my mom. HELP!

Congrats on getting your period, chica! Just go up and say "Mom, I got my period." Believe me, she's waiting for this day and she will be there to answer all your questions!
Marly Z.

by petuniagrace on 3/30/2011 3:11:25 PM

*MODMOD*
Okay, so I just got my period for the first time in January. Over the summer, I always go swimmingat Water World (this huge water park) like every week and I havent gone swimming with my period yet but I'm afraid my mom won't buy me tampons because she's like really protective and stuff and you can't swim with pads. How can I bring it up that I need tampons for summer? Should I say something like what would I do when I go swimming this summer? Or somthing.. please help!!! ThanksSmile

Hey girlie. Yep, that's exactly what you do. Ask her about what to do when you go swimming. If she doesn't bring up the idea of tampons, then you should. Good luck!

Marly Z. Marly Z.

by tennis1997 on 3/30/2011 12:20:37 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!
OK, I have sort of a problem. I haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm worried what to do if it comes at school. At my school, you can't go to the bathroom at anytime. You have to go at recess. Any other time of day, you can't go. I don't want to be sitting in my desk in the morning bleeding through my pants!! What do I do? Thanks! SmileSmileSmile

Hey chica. Teachers can't forbid girls to go to the restroom. If they say no, you can say that it's an emergency and you have to go. The first time you get it shouldn't be too heavy though. You can wear pantyliners if you want extra protection for when you first get it.
Marly Z.

by mebemma on 3/30/2011 9:31:37 AM

Looking for Advice? Get it here! Nothing to weird, too personal, or too long. I'll give you an answer chock full of info. Post on my profile, and I'll answer on yours unless upon request.

by peacelovejesus on 3/30/2011 8:13:46 AM

Why would you want to put in a tampon when you're not on your period? They hurt when you take them out when they're dry.

by sjtishrgnd on 3/29/2011 9:46:31 PM

I haven't got mine yet. And i hope never ever ever do!

by glennal123 on 3/29/2011 8:44:29 PM

i havent gotten my period yet, but i am crampy and moody and wet and got my distarge, so i fear it is coming soon. Frown

by janerbuy on 3/29/2011 8:21:26 PM