Bridget M.

is modding

28 MINUTES AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 snow bunnies stomp in @Crocs Luxe Duck Boot: http://t.co/YesqOwkfmU

AN HOUR AGO 6 moments EVERY #directioner has been through: http://t.co/fixxTnhEyX

13 HOURS AGO 6 heart-pumpin' holiday jams to jam out to: http://t.co/ZcwVtiUtBF

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

MOD I have 2 questions... What does MOD mean and when you get your first period will it be alot or just a little im nervous cause sometimes my stomach cramps but nothing happens

Hey girl,

MOD is short for moderator, the people who check out all the wonderful comments that are posted! And periods are different for everyone, so it could be a lot or a little. Just remember to keep heavy pads with you so you're always prepared for that first time! x0x0
Casey L.

by XxGLCDxX on 8/3/2011 3:07:03 PM

MOD!
This is kinda embarrassing, but why do you get pains and cramps during your period?

Hey girl. Your uterus is getting rid of its lining, so your body is going to work at pushing waste out. That causes pain.

mary h.

by babygirl1265 on 7/27/2011 9:14:15 AM

MODMODMOD
is there any way to get my period faster? i havent had it yet, but i want to, so i can get over telling my mom, because i have a feeling it will only get more and more awkward as i get older

Hey girly,

You period comes when your body wants it to come, so there's no way to speed that process up. As for telling your mom, she went through it and she knows you'll go through it too, so it shouldn't be awkward at all. She can definitely help you with all your period-related questions. x0x0
Casey L.

by Rocky10105 on 7/20/2011 2:53:23 PM

Well I recently got my period and I only had it for 3 days then 1 1/2 weeks later I got it again but it was only for 2 days and then 2 days after that I got it again is this Normal?

Hey girlie,

It's annoying, but it's actually totally normal for our periods to be irregular - especially for a little while when they first start. Try to be patient with it! And just be prepared with a pad in your purse so you're ready whenever, wherever...just in case Smile
Lauren C.

by redvelvetcupcakes on 7/11/2011 11:58:20 PM

modmodmod
ok so my mom got her period when she was either 12 or 13 i dont remember..and i am ten almost 11 but i have been having all of the signs that i will get my period before 12. is that possile? and also my sis got hers at 13.. but i do think i weigh more than them..
THX!

Hey girl,

Yes that's possible. Everybody's different, and while we sometimes get it when our moms got it, this is not always true. x0x0
Casey L.

by lizziefizzie on 7/5/2011 2:17:41 PM

Mod mod mod!
Thank you for your advice! Anyway, all my mom has for me incase I start are about the thinnest little pantyliners EVER! How do I tell her that I've had the warning signs and I think me first period is on it's way? Also how do I ask for supplies? Thanks, cuddlebug143Smile

Hey girl, by just getting her alone and being open with her about it. She'll appreciate your frankness and trust me, it's really no big deal to be. Periods are part of growing up and she knows and gets them. After all, she goes through them too.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cuddlebug143 on 6/30/2011 10:32:58 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!!
Lately I've had like wetness in my undies and it's clear and sometimes whitish. Is it discharge? Also, my lower back, right under my belly, and strangly kinda in my upper legs...I also have kinda had tender boobs. Does this mean my period is coming? Thanks!

Hey girl,

It's tough to say when your period's coming because everyone gets it at a different time, but those symptoms do sound like your body's ready for it. Just remember- carry tampons or pads with you all the time so you're prepared when it comes! x0x0
Casey L.

by cuddlebug143 on 6/30/2011 3:03:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD okay so i thought i had my period in february but its june now and...nothing. i really want to know whats going on. please help!!!

Hey girly,
You might want to go see your doctor. He/she'll be able to let you know what's going on.

Catie C.

by twiskittles29 on 6/27/2011 2:32:43 PM

Mod mod mod! My cousin is one year older than me and she got her period last year when we were on our family vacation. I just got back from my vacation and I didn't have it! I had discharge and I have been having discharge since feb. I had/have really bad cramps and I even threw up when we were on vacation. I have hair down there like a lot and I have had boobs for two years. It's really annoying getting your hopes up then never getting your period. Is it coming soon or in a bunch of time? Thank you for helping!

Hey babe! Just because your cousin got her doesn't mean you'll get yours. And once you have your period, you're going to wish you didn't, believe me! Everyone is different, it will come when your body is ready. You have all the warning signs, but there is no exact schedule of when it will come. Don't worry girlie, it will be here sooner than you think. xoxo
Jess W.

by cuddlebug143 on 6/27/2011 10:35:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
what should you do if you start somewere like the fair have no way to get home and have no suplise on ya

Hey girl, I'd always keep a pad or two in your purse. They're small, portable and you never know when they might come in handy (your friend may start hers and need a helping hand too!)

xoxo