1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 glitz up the hallways with a $75 gift card from @love2designjwlz: http://t.co/Z8kM4k5FWQ

2 HOURS AGO Learning disabilities—the dos and don'ts of telling people: http://t.co/J8jR77O5ux

14 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

i have been having little 1 minute mood swings does that mean i might get Aunt Flo??

by morganwins12 on 6/17/2011 7:36:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i've been having discharge for a while and for a few days i had a killer headache and i got cramps when i was just sitting down and my boobs are really sensitive. does this mean my period is almost here????
thanks!

Hey girl!

Its hard to tell when exactly your period is coming for the first time, but it does sound like it'll be soon. Just remember to be prepared with pads or tampons whenever it does happen! x0x0
casey l.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/16/2011 11:29:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok , so I just got my period last Saturday..how do I know that it's ending??? It's gotten lighter and during school it was more brown then red..does that mean its almost over? Thanks for any help!!

Hey girly,
Yup, that means it's almost over. Most periods last about 4 or 5 days.

Catie C.

by cheerleader001 on 6/15/2011 4:11:00 PM

ive been having discharge for a while and i feel bloated alot and sometimes a little crampy..but im not sure if my stomach is just upset.
is my period on its way?
thanks!

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/9/2011 7:23:06 PM

MOD MOD ps,its embarrising but it happened after i kinda "'experimented'".can you masturbate to hard.i know gross but can it make a difference.cause i dont want to go to the doctor and all that.thnkx.....again.....

No youre fine! I wouldnt worry about it. Im sure its just your period Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/22/2011 4:10:29 PM

MOD mo mod MOD
ive had my period before, but this time its different.the "blood" doesnt have "that smell".can it be just ordinary blood.im worried!!!Frown

Youre fine! If you have blood down there around the time of your period its gonna be period blood. Dont fret! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/22/2011 4:02:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay,heres the deal,im ten,and thats the age my mom got her period,and I thought I should have gotten mine by now because besides that i've hit every point in puberty,and its scaring me because I want to hurry and grow!

hey! everyone's different, don't worry you'll get it Smile
Helen S.

by ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~ on 5/20/2011 6:23:29 PM

it runs in my moms side of the family to get your period really young and i want my period how likely is it for me to get it young??

by maki lover on 5/15/2011 6:33:20 PM

I am 14 years old and I just got my first period yesterday. I noticed a half hour after I got home from school. And just my luck, after I told my mom, she said we ran out of pads so I had to use toilet paper instead! I soaked through 2 pairs of underwear and I probably wasted a full roll of toilet paper. And it's still really heavy today. I feel like I lost a 10 cups of blood! No matter what I do, it just keeps getting heavier and heavier. Am I going to have to wear 5 pads a day!? Why is my period so heavy and messy? I thought your first period was supposed to be light, just a few drops of blood. Also, it's not even red, it's sort of like a brownish, blackish color. Can you please tell me what's going on?

Hey chica. Don't stress! Your first period isn't necessarily light so don't think that your case is uncommon at all. Check out this link to learn more information about dealing with a heavy period http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/19/My-period-always-soaks-through.aspx. But just remember, the heaviness, discoloration, and other symptoms are NORMAL! So don't freak out!

kara g.

by lemontwist213 on 5/11/2011 11:29:29 AM

The store where I buy my tampons now sells different kinds of vibrators right next to where I buy my tampons. The next time I go with my mom might be kind of funny.

by luckykel on 5/10/2011 11:29:39 PM